• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell unlikely to report

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not Steeler hater or a Steeler fan or a Bell fan, so I would love it if he doesn’t show up and the Steelers franchise tag him again and he didn’t show up again and then got lowball offers them next year.

I understand that he’s looking out for his principles or whatever. So maybe it makes me a bad person. But when you gamble on yourself, that’s a risk and I feel that he has burned enough bridges from teammates that we usually hear teammates support principled holdouts. Maybe they have and I just haven’t heard it.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...I thought he was coming in by the deadline...why else go back to PIT? Ran out of clothes?

In the end, it will be great for the team this season if he indeed does not report. But, as Steeler fans we'll continue to hear about Bell and this stupid contract for months to come.
if we make the superbowl, and im not suggesting we do, imagine the story lines

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over how many years? I’m assuming 17 is an average, because he obviously would have lost most of that by not playing this year.

I mean, 4 years at 68 million versus 4 years at 60. Arguing over 8 million. Not playing this year cost 15. (Not talking about franchise 14.)

3 years at 51 M versus 3 years at 45 million. Arguing over 6 million. Lost 15 this year by not playing.

2 years at 34 million versus 2 years at 30. Arguing over 4 million. Lost 15 by not playing.

1 year at 17 versus franchised at 14 or deal at 15. Arguing over 2 million. Lost 14-15 million.

5 years at 85 million versus 5 at 75. 10 million difference. Subtract 15 by not signing.

Obviously, those amounts are only illustrative. The argument would be over guaranteed amounts, not total. Signing a three year deal in 2019 instead of 2018 extends his signed years in a timeline of his life, subtract 14 million and wear/tear.
it was over guarantees........hes still an idiot

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldnt it? hed be in miami tweeting allllllllllllll week

IMO Bell has just fucked himself up. No recent player has sat out an entire season in protest of playing under the franchise tag. Whatever happens from this point forward, he going to always be defending this move. The rest of his career is going to be defined by this.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wouldnt it? hed be in miami tweeting allllllllllllll week

I’d hate if the Steelers lost in the SB, because he’d twist it to suggest they’d have won with him even though you never know, they may never have even got there. Plus, he could have been there.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d hate if the Steelers lost in the SB, because he’d twist it to suggest they’d have won with him even though you never know, they may never have even got there. Plus, he could have been there.
honestly, who cares, alot of us in pgh feel he is a talented back. But alot of us feel the star is our AMAZING offensive line......just food for thought. I strongly believe he will be a good back somewhere else, he wont be elite

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Bell has just fucked himself up. No recent player has sat out an entire season in protest of playing under the franchise tag. Whatever happens from this point forward, he going to always be defending this move. The rest of his career is going to be defined by this.
hes just gonna light up a doobie and forget about it, he alwasy thinks hes right, and above everyone else. I dont think HE PERSONALLY will care

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time that teams held firm to contracts and their conditions. Bell doesn't want to honor the contract, then he sits but still owes the Steelers what they negotiated in good faith. Only a 10 cent brain tosses 8M into the scrap bin because he doesn't want to honor a contract he signed without a gun to his head. Fuck him!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about time that teams held firm to contracts and their conditions. Bell doesn't want to honor the contract, then he sits but still owes the Steelers what they negotiated in good faith. Only a 10 cent brain tosses 8M into the scrap bin because he doesn't want to honor a contract he signed without a gun to his head. Fuck him!
a 10% brain is generous

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hes just gonna light up a doobie and forget about it, he alwasy thinks hes right, and above everyone else. I dont think HE PERSONALLY will care

Well he has no choice now but to feel he's right, but every step of the way so far he's tried to prove to us he's right. The ink wasn't dry 10mins good on Gurley's extension and he was on Tweeter basically saying I told ya so.

As I've said numerous times, what all the final details turn out to be we'll find out soon enough, but I think he's going to get a good contract in spite of all if this stuff that's happened.

I still contend the market for a $15 mil per cap hit at RB is not going to be that large. NYJ and Tampa still jump out as teams that will have both the cap space, need and can use a big brand name. Just don't see a contender that can and will do it...maybe GB?

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But he hasn't signed any contact......

Just fyi.....:suds:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Technically Bell has not signed any contract, but I still like the direction you're going with this post.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has no choice now but to feel he's right, but every step of the way so far he's tried to prove to us he's right. The ink wasn't dry 10mins good on Gurley's extension and he was on Tweeter basically saying I told ya so.

As I've said numerous times, what all the final details turn out to be we'll find out soon enough, but I think he's going to get a good contract in spite of all if this stuff that's happened.

I still contend the market for a $15 mil per cap hit at RB is not going to be that large. NYJ and Tampa still jump out as teams that will have both the cap space, need and can use a big brand name. Just don't see a contender that can and will do it...maybe GB?

Any team that wants him could make the room......
Players have always renegotiated contracts.....something bell should take into consideration. How many Steelers players were willing to take cuts to make room for this asshole....something he will never understand, because he's all about himself. It's just amazing how he can preach he's all for the team yet he expects his team mates and the team itself to make all the sacrifices for his worthless ass.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically Bell has not signed any contract, but I still like the direction you're going with this post.
Valid point however the CBA allows for teams to place a franchise tag on a player whose playing contract has expired. The playing contract may have expired but the CBA is still in full force and carries full weight regardless of a players contract status. As long as the CBA is in full effect, Bell is fucked, he knows it, his agent knows it and the water boy knows it. Bye bye 8 mil. Pretty stupid when he could have a career ending injury the next time he steps on a field. He's a DUMBASS!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, who cares, alot of us in pgh feel he is a talented back. But alot of us feel the star is our AMAZING offensive line......just food for thought. I strongly believe he will be a good back somewhere else, he wont be elite

We know Bell is not the bright bulb in the bin, but he does know and appreciate OL play. He going to appreciate it a whole lot more when he's banging out 85 yds on 26 carries for a 6-10 team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He’ll be a good back. He will be used less. Some of that will because he is older. Some of that will because of philosophy, some of that will because he is asking to preserve his body so he will be featured less, some of that will because he has a different quarterback, etc.

I heard someone on the radio saying that his hold out is because of being overused. He was preserving his body.

I understand being scared of getting injured and not being able to earn the next contract. That’s the problem with franchise tags. The money in franchise tags, the choice and franchise tags, etc. doesn’t bother me much.

But when a player cannot negotiate with the team to meet in a fair length of time and contract and has to sign the franchise tag with no choice but sitting out, but then could ruin his chances of earning a new contract on the first step of practice, it’s hard.

I know that you can’t make every contract be multiyear. People do sign regular deals for one year or less (guarantee wise). But when the contract is based upon projections from other players that your position in house they aged but you have perform the last few years, I know it is difficult.

So there are problems with the franchise tag, but sitting out a whole year financially is objecting to [not being paid in a fourth year or something and not being able to move] by [not being paid able to move it not being paid the first year] doesnt make sense.

You’re basically trading a healthy 2018 season for an older 2021 season without removing the perspective from the organization that you will be done by 2021.

People always talk about the risk from the player, but there is risk in the organization. By planning ahead, they have this risk of him not showing up and protesting. But he gets hurt, they have the risk of having spent all that money. Even though they can hold his rights for a year that they don’t think he will perform and can cut our trade him, they can also get stuck in a year if he gets injured. They also can get stuck by not drafting a new running back because of the contract. I can also get stuck and not being able to assign someone else because of the money that is held up in the tank that isn’t signed. Or in the contract that is signed but can’t be fulfilled due to injury or drastic drop to to age.

It’s sort of like fight against terrorism. If you stop someone too early, you were racially or bigotly profiling. If you don’t and something happens, how could you not? So if you project that he is going to produce less and less and you sign him or attempt to sign him to that type of contract, you are disrespecting the player. But if you strap your team to them and it doesn’t perform, tough luck for you.

The answer could be to let him go and let someone else signed that, but then when he performs the first year, you have all those what if‘s. He would never have signed for that one year, but still you get that what if scenario.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Valid point however the CBA allows for teams to place a franchise tag on a player whose playing contract has expired. The playing contract may have expired but the CBA is still in full force and carries full weight regardless of a players contract status. As long as the CBA is in full effect, Bell is fucked, he knows it, his agent knows it and the water boy knows it. Bye bye 8 mil. Pretty stupid when he could have a career ending injury the next time he steps on a field. He's a DUMBASS!!

There's really zero positive spin that Bell can put on this...as you said, the Tag options in the CBA have always favored the teams and the players chose to "give" there and focus on other areas to "get"...we know how that goes.

Bell just decided he wasn't going to play under the current rules which is his prerogative, but obviously he passed up a lot of what he's battling so hard for in the process...:scratch: