• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bell Defends Darold

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not everything is about doing right or wrong... if someone looked bad, and you had the power to prevent it, and you didn't... and you are being called out on it, then you have to do something... Don't ya??

Honestly, I am not sure, if there is even much of a demand for the apology... But if this is an issue, then the NFL has to do something...

and I think we have all heard enough corporate apologies to know that most are half assed and insincere... but they are still necessary for many reasons, none include being right or wrong....

I don't think anyone is calling for the NFL to do anything about it. NY media certainly is having a field day with it. I don't think this is an issue at all. It's just a team being pissed that they lost and taking it out on someone else. Again, I am actually defending Bell for sticking up for his QB so I am not saying that at all . Also, would an apology from the NFL do anything or even truly mean anything. Doubt it. This "incident" in no way hurts there pockets so they won't do anything about it

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is calling for the NFL to do anything about it. NY media certainly is having a field day with it. I don't think this is an issue at all. It's just a team being pissed that they lost and taking it out on someone else. Again, I am actually defending Bell for sticking up for his QB so I am not saying that at all . Also, would an apology from the NFL do anything or even truly mean anything. Doubt it. This "incident" in no way hurts there pockets so they won't do anything about it

if the apology is asked for, then they should give it... it is that simple... it is as important for the NFL to show that they support their players... so it is OK for them to take a LOSS...

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the apology is asked for, then they should give it... it is that simple... it is as important for the NFL to show that they support their players... so it is OK for them to take a LOSS...

"They hurt my feelings, I demand and apology"

Sounds like a 2 year old crying.... Man up, you said it take it, use it as motivation to prove everyone wrong and shut them up that way. Get you fired up and torch the next team up and continue too

How many F's, Shi%ts, Dic&ks etc are heard every game... Should the league apologize for that?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They hurt my feelings, I demand and apology"

Sounds like a 2 year old crying.... Man up, you said it take it, use it as motivation to prove everyone wrong and shut them up that way. Get you fired up and torch the next team up and continue too

How many F's, Shi%ts, Dic&ks etc are heard every game... Should the league apologize for that?

yea, and if a 2 year old says that to their mommy or daddy then generally their mommy and daddy will give them a BS apology....

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold has that fantastic @Peter Gozintite - like coif of hair, he'll be alright.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, and if a 2 year old says that to their mommy or daddy then generally their mommy and daddy will give them a BS apology....

Difference is the NFL is a business and the players and teams agreed to be mic'd up. It's a non issue... It happened, move on. There are plenty of other things the NFL needs to apologize for, not this

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Difference is the NFL is a business and the players and teams agreed to be mic'd up. It's a non issue... It happened, move on. There are plenty of other things the NFL needs to apologize for, not this

then whats the thread for??? this is why I am confused... if nobody is demanding the apology, then why did you say that the NFL does not need to apologize??

My whole stance here is, if the jets are going to make an issue of this, which I haven't even heard about this until your thread, then the NFL should make a comment to appease... being in the right or wrong is irrelevant...

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darnold has that fantastic @Peter Gozintite - like coif of hair, he'll be alright.
image.jpg

Its not bad, but the hair cant do it all.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the concept of mic-ing up a player, but only to be used later in some NFL film, after being edited. They shouldn't be broadcasting stuff live until they get the ok from the player. Yeah, sure, the player can sign a release, but during the heat of a game, they're going to forget that thing is on.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the jets fault. They're really dumb

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then whats the thread for??? this is why I am confused... if nobody is demanding the apology, then why did you say that the NFL does not need to apologize??

My whole stance here is, if the jets are going to make an issue of this, which I haven't even heard about this until your thread, then the NFL should make a comment to appease... being in the right or wrong is irrelevant...

I simply made the thread because Bell tweeted out they should and were wrong. That's all. I am saying they should't have to apologize as no one was wrong

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I don't see how the NFL "Screwed" Darnold at all as Bell said.....

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the concept of mic-ing up a player, but only to be used later in some NFL film, after being edited. They shouldn't be broadcasting stuff live until they get the ok from the player. Yeah, sure, the player can sign a release, but during the heat of a game, they're going to forget that thing is on.

If you agree to be mic'd up imo you are taking the chance you might get into trouble with what you say. Obviously things are said in the heat of the moment but that's the price you pay. The NFL is business, when you sign the contract you obyed by there rules.. I am sure it's in there somewhere in regards to being micd or it is at least agreed upon at the time you say "yes" to being micd.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I don't see how the NFL "Screwed" Darnold at all as Bell said.....

bell saying it is correct. They don’t need to apologize after a comment. It is if that comment starts something more.

bell is correct because he is protecting his team and his qb.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I just don’t understand the purpose of the thread.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bell saying it is correct. They don’t need to apologize after a comment. It is if that comment starts something more.

bell is correct because he is protecting his team and his qb.

Yes, Bell is correct for defending his QB and I give him a lot of credit for it.

The purpose of this thread is to really say, "how they heck did the NFL screw over Darnold?" They didn't. He was mic'd up, things are said obviously it just so happens he had a mic on at the time and the NFL/TV used it

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
patriots - globetrotters
jets - generals

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong imo. Bell was never a bad teammate in the 'Burgh. With him it was always about the money and what he thought his value was.

AB? That's another story.

True. I think I was really thinking about AB and being a bad teammate but I still don't think he'd say it about Big Ben