• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

beathard would have drafted marino

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gibbs probably would have won more than 3 Superbowls with Marino.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have not already done so - watch the 30 for 30 special "From Elway to Marino" - great TV. It documents how several teams came very close to pulling the trigger on Marino & kicked themselves for passing on the guy. One of the worst has to be the Jets taking O'Brien instead. All of this was the result of the perception of Marino having somewhat of a drug issue - ridiculous.

In any case - I am so glad this did not happen. I would not trade Darrell Green for anyone.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you have not already done so - watch the 30 for 30 special "From Elway to Marino" - great TV. It documents how several teams came very close to pulling the trigger on Marino & kicked themselves for passing on the guy. One of the worst has to be the Jets taking O'Brien instead. All of this was the result of the perception of Marino having somewhat of a drug issue - ridiculous.

In any case - I am so glad this did not happen. I would not trade Darrell Green for anyone.

I am a HUGE Green guy...Love him...but I would have taken Marino in that draft for sure!!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a HUGE Green guy...Love him...but I would have taken Marino in that draft for sure!!!!

me too but green sure as heck softened that blow

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too but green sure as heck softened that blow

Very much so!!!! But with a Solid QB for all those years...that Oline to protect Marino, and our Defense....Gibbs wins more then 3 SB's

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, I think O'Brien had a winning record againts Marino.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was a real good one. The part I liked the best is when they talked about how in depth they look at all the guys and the reasons they pass certain guys up...and in the end, the #1 pick is in the HOF, and the #28 pick (final of the first round - D. Green) is in the HOF, along with a couple in-between. Just goes to show that there's more than a bit of luck in the draft process.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to take comments about what they would have done that far in hindsight seriously.

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was probably the best 30 or 30 programs I've seen. Marcus Dupree special was very good, too. I was kind of in awe at how Elway was being such a "BITCH" as to where he wanted to play. Being able to be drafted and play in the NFL is a privilege not an entitlement. Instead, he held the 83' draft hostage.
The one guy you really have to feel bad for was Chris Hinton. Originally drafted by Denver then sent to Baltimore in the Elway deal. While Elwy flourished under Reeves and won numerous accolades, Hinton went on to play for some horrendous Colts teams throughout the eighties but manage to make many Pro Bowl appearances and All Pro teams. Man should really be considered for HOF one day.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won. That's all that matters.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard to take comments about what they would have done that far in hindsight seriously.

why would he lie ?

66Victoria96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He won. That's all that matters.
Really not until Terrell Davis arrived. Had he not he would had been lumped in with Tarkenton and Kelly. Yeah, he won numerous games but would had been meaningless without the SB victories. Just ask Marino.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why would he lie ?

He doesn't have to. Memories if what you were thinking that long ago are significantly distorted by now.

Really not until Terrell Davis arrived. Had he not he would had been lumped in with Tarkenton and Kelly. Yeah, he won numerous games but would had been meaningless without the SB victories. Just ask Marino.

He's heavily overrated. I'm not saying he won games. I'm saying he won the demand on where to play.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to. Memories if what you were thinking that long ago are significantly distorted by now.

He's heavily overrated. I'm not saying he won games. I'm saying he won the demand on where to play.

he doesnt have altzthiemers

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to. That is how 99.9% of people's brains works. There are very few exceptions.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have to. That is how 99.9% of people's brains works. There are very few exceptions.

please , stop the foolishness. i am sure he remembers that very well