• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears vs Vikings

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crapoly!! Can't believe no one started a game thread today. Oh well, better late than never. Overall, another solid team performance where so many contributed to this tough win. It's amazing in how once the light switched on David Montgomery (see BD, I remembered this time!!!) looks like a completely different RB than the one from earlier this season and in reality for much of his rookie year as well. I know a large contributing factor has been how the OL has blocked for him. But he's also muscling for extra yards as well. The D wasn't exactly on fire, but they had their moments. And anyone else here think that Cairo Santos is easily the best kicker we've had since Robbie Gould? The man has been MONEY.

Game balls:

Offense:
Montgomery - 162 yards from scrimmage, including an early career best of 146 yards rushing
Trubisky - I know, that one INT in the end zone is what kept the Vikings hopes alive, but that bad decision aside, he had another well played game
OL - They're looking better and better with each passing week
Santos - Clutch once again. We might be looking at a PB kicker this year

Defense:
Interior DL - Hard to single out one, they all played really well in keeping the Vikes running game in check.....at least in the interior. Most of Cook's runs were on the outside
Trevathan - Was hitting the opposition hard today and even had a PD

Last edited:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy crapoly!! Can't believe no one started a game thread today. Oh well, better late than never. Overall, another solid team performance where so many contributed to this tough win. It's amazing in how once the light switched on David Montgomery (see BD, I remembered this time!!!) looks like a completely different RB than the one from earlier this season and in reality for much of his rookie year as well. I know a large contributing factor has been how the OL has blocked for him. But he's also muscling for extra yards as well. The D wasn't exactly on fire, but they had their moments. And anyone else here think that Cairo Santos is easily the best kicker we've had since Robbie Gould? The man has been MONEY.

Game balls:

Offense:
Montgomery - 162 yards from scrimmage, including an early career best of 146 yards rushing
Trubisky - I know, that one INT in the end zone is what kept the Vikings hopes alive, but that bad decision aside, he had another well played game
OL - They're looking better and better with each passing week
Santos - Clutch once again. We might be looking at a PB kicker this year

Defense:
Interior DL - Hard to single out one, they all played really well in keeping the Vikes running game in check.....at least in the interior. Most of Cook's runs were on the outside
Trevathan - Was hitting the opposition hard today and even had a PD

Montgomery is an ELITE back. Our o-line play was abysmal once Foles took over, because Nagy's system is too fucking much. It over-complicates EVERYTHING. Couple that with the inability to field your best team. Mustipher is playing like an all-pro center. This guy was on the fucking practice squad ffs. It's amazing what happens when you play to your team's strengths, and don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Trubisky - That INT series was the worst playcalling series of the game. I told my wife before first down, that I would either plan ahead to go for it on 4th and run it 4 straight times to 32, OR, if you felt he was tired or are unsuccessful on 1st down, line up under center on second with 32 in the backfield and playaction rollout. Instead they do the "right thing" on first and then line up in shotgun on 2nd and run the draw that EVERYONE on the planet saw coming. Now you FORCED a throwing situation on 3rd, that everyone also knows is coming. Also it appeared Holsted ran the wrong route on that, as he drew his defender right to the ball. Bad throw, but worse playcalling that put em in that situation.

Santos - Really the feel-good story of the year. He should be in the Pro Bowl.

Defense
D-line - Nichols has looked great lately.

Trevathan - His play since the first few weeks of the season has been kinda inspirational. I mean, he can still be a bit of a liability in coverage, but no one is gonna question his heart any time soon.

I'd like to add...

Vildor and Shelley - The absolute shit-call of the day was the "pass interference" against Vildor on 3rd and 5, wherein Cousins sails it 8 feet wide, and if anything was an OFFENSIVE PI on Thielen. That extended a drive, that should've been a punt with a 10 point lead. They went on to cut it to 3 minutes later. That play aside, and the earlier miscommunication that resulted in the Thielen TD, they both have played admirably in relief of Johnson and Skrine.

Robert Quinn - Best full game as a Bear. Doesn't soften the blow of his season or contract, but played well nonetheless.

I'd also like to say that I think Kyle Fuller is the most complete CB in the game. He is an exceptional football player.

This team should've won more games these last two years.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good follow up stuff, can't find anything you said on which to take issue. If you would have told me that Monty is an elite back a month or so ago, I would have questioned your sanity. But now not a smidgeon of argument from me. What we've seen from him the past few weeks is what were were expecting when he was drafted.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good follow up stuff, can't find anything you said on which to take issue. If you would have told me that Monty is an elite back a month or so ago, I would have questioned your sanity. But now not a smidgeon of argument from me. What we've seen from him the past few weeks is what were were expecting when he was drafted.
I honestly have been amazed by the kid from day one. His balance is super-impressive. Especially with contact. And he just runs angry af, but with purpose and intent, AND while protecting the rock. Excellent footwork and honestly just looks like is 2 or 3 moves ahead of everyone, like a good chess player. Perfect Bear back, IMO. Very easy to root for.

I know I'm a broken record, but I think Nagy has fucked this team so fucking hard. Wasted seasons, man...wasted seasons. The Bears have a good team. Good depth, and solid playmakers at every level on both sides of the ball.

It's dumb that we've been so unsuccessful the last 2 years.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too bad the goddamned Falcons are the worst team in the history of the fucking game at holding a goddamned 3-score lead. :mad2: :L

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to say that I think Kyle Fuller is the most complete CB in the game. He is an exceptional football player.

But remember, "Amukamara is a better cover corner" -- BearWillWin (aka grey pubes)

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won...barely...and need help big time. But hey it’s nice to have any semblance of hope after how this sh*t season has played out.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have been amazed by the kid from day one. His balance is super-impressive. Especially with contact. And he just runs angry af, but with purpose and intent, AND while protecting the rock. Excellent footwork and honestly just looks like is 2 or 3 moves ahead of everyone, like a good chess player. Perfect Bear back, IMO. Very easy to root for.

I know I'm a broken record, but I think Nagy has fucked this team so fucking hard. Wasted seasons, man...wasted seasons. The Bears have a good team. Good depth, and solid playmakers at every level on both sides of the ball.

It's dumb that we've been so unsuccessful the last 2 years.
I think you over estimate your roster a little

If bears finish 9-7 think nagy keeps his job?

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montgomery is an ELITE back. Our o-line play was abysmal once Foles took over, because Nagy's system is too fucking much. It over-complicates EVERYTHING. Couple that with the inability to field your best team. Mustipher is playing like an all-pro center. This guy was on the fucking practice squad ffs. It's amazing what happens when you play to your team's strengths, and don't try to reinvent the wheel.

Packers, Lions, Texans and Vikings are among the worst defenses against the run.
Titans, Saints, Rams, Bucs are among the best defenses against the run and Monty got stuffed like a turkey.

To call Montgomery "elite" is delusions of grandeur.

Dalvin Cook is "elite". Montgomery is just good.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montgomery should have another good game next week against Jacksonville, again another horrible defensive team. Montgomery is feasting on very bad defenses right now. As every good back does.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers, Lions, Texans and Vikings are among the worst defenses against the run.
Titans, Saints, Rams, Bucs are among the best defenses against the run and Monty got stuffed like a turkey.

To call Montgomery "elite" is delusions of grandeur.

Dalvin Cook is "elite". Montgomery is just good.
What was the stat they showed today, he's one of four backs in the league with 700 rushing and something or other receiving? I forget.

He's a damn good back, BS. Label him whatever you want, but there are only a few backs in the league I'd pick ahead of him right now.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montgomery should have another good game next week against Jacksonville, again another horrible defensive team. Montgomery is feasting on very bad defenses right now. As every good back does.
That is more on the o-line than him and you know that.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's currently ranked 6th, with a league's second worst attempt percentage coming into today, with a paltry 34%.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What was the stat they showed today, he's one of four backs in the league with 700 rushing and something or other receiving? I forget.

He's a damn good back, BS. Label him whatever you want, but there are only a few backs in the league I'd pick ahead of him right now.

He's good not elite. Not even close to elite.

Henry
Kamara
Saquon
CMC
Cook
Jacobs
Chubb
Jones
James Robinson
Ekeler
Hunt
Zeke
Akers (maybe)
M Sanders

So you would take Monty over everyone on this list except for 3? Love to hear the 3.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's good not elite. Not even close to elite.

Henry
Kamara
Saquon
CMC
Cook
Jacobs
Chubb
Jones
James Robinson
Ekeler
Hunt
Zeke
Akers (maybe)
M Sanders

So you would take Monty over everyone on this list except for 3? Love to hear the 3.

Like I said. Currently ranked 6th on a team that ranks 31st in percentage of run plays. For you to brush him off as though he's on some different level is weird.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said. Currently ranked 6th on a team that ranks 31st in percentage of run plays. For you to brush him off as though he's on some different level is weird.

Makes sense you don't want to answer the question.

I'm not brushing him off, i said he was good. He's just not elite. We're playing some weak ass competition right now and you are brushing THAT off. We should be beating these teams. The defenses were are facing right now is a joke. And so is Jacksonville next week. When Monty goes off next week you'll be singing his praises again without any understanding of context.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was another RB EVERYBODY loved in here named Jordan Howard. I hated this guy but statistics told the idiots on this board he was great. Guess who was right in the end?

The people on this board has a history of an inability to evaluate talent at RB and it's being displayed in full force right now. Just to be clear, i like Monty. I liked him from the very beginning. But he's not elite. That's all i'm saying. And he's absolutely positively not top 3.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes sense you don't want to answer the question.

I'm not brushing him off, i said he was good. He's just not elite. We're playing some weak ass competition right now and you are brushing THAT off. We should be beating these teams. The defenses were are facing right now is a joke. And so is Jacksonville next week. When Monty goes off next week you'll be singing his praises again without any understanding of context.
I'm am aware of the competition, tho you make it seem as if we are some 10-4 team ourselves.

He is elite enough for me.