• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears sign RB Josh Caldwell

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Formerly of the Kansas City Chiefs. I read a lot of good things about this guy. Haven't seen him play so I can't say. I'm sure he's better than Howard though.

Looks like the ball is going to really spread out among the RBs in this offense. Remember when Montgomery went off in the first preseason game? Nagy really tried hard to temper the excitement saying that Montgomery's runs were just okay. This is just more evidence Montgomery will not get a heavy amount of carries in this offense. For fantasy ppl, this should cause Montgomery's ADP to drop. Personally, i was going to reach for Montgomery in the 3rd, now I'll just wait and probably lose out on him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a practice squad player. I doubt he cuts into anyone’s carries, but I could be wrong. Why would KC cut him if he’s good?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Formerly of the Kansas City Chiefs. I read a lot of good things about this guy. Haven't seen him play so I can't say. I'm sure he's better than Howard though.

Looks like the ball is going to really spread out among the RBs in this offense. Remember when Montgomery went off in the first preseason game? Nagy really tried hard to temper the excitement saying that Montgomery's runs were just okay. This is just more evidence Montgomery will not get a heavy amount of carries in this offense. For fantasy ppl, this should cause Montgomery's ADP to drop. Personally, i was going to reach for Montgomery in the 3rd, now I'll just wait and probably lose out on him.

Montgomery will be the number one. He will get plenty of attempts.

I think he will be a OROY candidate.

Lol at a late signing of a no-name RB indicating anything towards the Bears' gameplan with respect to the running backs on the roster.

derp. He's special teams at best, and that's if he even makes the final roster, which he likely will not.

This thread is dumb af.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see how signing a UDFA RB only after the cutting of a kicker means much here. At best this kid might be able to crack the practice squad, but I'd even give that a long shot at best.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I don't see how signing a UDFA RB only after the cutting of a kicker means much here. At best this kid might be able to crack the practice squad, but I'd even give that a long shot at best.

Nuh uh dude, Jordan Howard fucking sucks, and this is just more proof of that.

Jordan Howard sucks.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ik BS......You know,I agree with your assessment on Jordan Howard for the fact his stats had been declining every season since his rookie year and last year was a very disappointing year for him.......And I really dont believe it was cause of Nagys scheme either,cause he still has blockers in front of him and its the coaches job to get the best out of their playets....Howard became the king of the 2-3 yd runner.....Not anything any team wants.....I dont believe he would have gorren any better for us let alone the Eagles.....
So woth that said,its time to give him a rest and move on to the future and not be comparing anyone we have now or anyone in the future to Howard.....
And dont miss out on Montgomery either I have him down as my 3rd pick in my 12 man league.....I think hes gonna have a stellar rookie season.....

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell has a good chance to stick as the 4th back. He's immensely talented. Good body size and speed and can catch the ball. The knock is he came from a small school.

Teams don't typically sign bodies just to sign bodies this late in preseason. At worst I'd expect him to be a practice squad guy.

They nabbed him because they know he has some potential.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Caldwell has a good chance to stick as the 4th back. He's immensely talented. Good body size and speed and can catch the ball. The knock is he came from a small school.

Teams don't typically sign bodies just to sign bodies this late in preseason. At worst I'd expect him to be a practice squad guy.

They nabbed him because they know he has some potential.
Not doubting any potential, but again, he's a UDFA who was released by a team which doesn't have the depth at RB that we have. And the only reason he's on the squad is because we released a kicker. If he was signed because there are injuries at the RB spot, then I'd say he could possibly make an impact. But as of right now he's the #6 back on a roster which will likely carry no more than 4 - maybe 5 if the Bears decide to use Nall as a FB/H-back.

I hope the kid shines during his stay on the roster and makes it tough for Nagy and Pace on who to keep. I just don't see any path for him aside of possibly the practice squad, if that.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Darrel Williams and Darwin Thompson on their depth chart...the Chiefs are deeper at back than we are. The Bears are better at the top but the Chiefs are loaded with potential at the bottom.

In addition to having had Caldwell they also have Tremon Smith and Marcus Marshall....backs certain to end up on other rosters if the Chiefs don't find a way to keep them.

I don't envision Caldwell making a big impact on the Bears now, because if he does that probably means someone got hurt, but I don't think they signed him just because they cut a kicker. But I think he could easily supplant whoever else was gunning for #4 on the roster.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't envision Caldwell making a big impact on the Bears now, because if he does that probably means someone got hurt, but I don't think they signed him just because they cut a kicker. But I think he could easily supplant whoever else was gunning for #4 on the roster.

But that's exactly what they did - they cut Fry, which created a roster spot and signed this kid to fill it. If Fry's still on the roster, Caldwell isn't, plain and simple.

However, as you just stated, maybe he does have a shot for the #4 spot. I honestly have no idea, altho my guess would be that at best he's #6 and will only have two games to show he belongs. FWIW, like most Bear fans, I root for the very best team we can possibly muster and if he just so happens to move up and make the cut, bully for him and bully for us as fans.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or they find some other dead weight to cut to make room for Caldwell.

When you want someone you find a way to get them.
No argument there. And again, I hope he makes an impact and makes it tough on Nagy/Pace as to who should be cut instead of him.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don’t sleep on Caldwell idiots.

In other news. It’s official. With this signing every running back on the roster is now better than Jordan Howard. Even though Howard’s stats are awesome.