• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Sign Jason Peters

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa. He's old as dirt and I'm not sure what kind of a role he will have. However, anytime you see your team add a future HOF'er out of the blue. You tend to notice it. He was still solid last year from what I'm reading.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a desperation signing because Jenkins is worse off than they have been saying and they shit the bed when they didn't sign Morgan Moses.

Pace's handling of the offensive line has been awful his entire tenure here.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a desperation signing because Jenkins is worse off than they have been saying and they shit the bed when they didn't sign Morgan Moses.

Yeah, I agree it is a bad sign for our injured Olineman. Most importantly, Jenkins.

Pace initially built a solid Oline that looked good in 17 and 18. It fell apart quickly, though.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to argue with you on this point. Pace has hit a few bright spot but, yikes, he has held on to some duds for certain. I like the Jenkins move, unless they knew the full extent of his back issue. Also, I loved the Borom pick as well. At, this juncture I understand the Peters bandaid fix. Now, I have a feeling Peters at 40 is > Leno ever.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of Pace, hey rich, remember when the bears signed Orlando Pace to be the stud LT for Cutler when he was (not even as old) as dirt?

Lasted 11 games and was awful.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
speaking of Pace, hey rich, remember when the bears signed Orlando Pace to be the stud LT for Cutler when he was (not even as old) as dirt?

I definitely remembered that signing and was also wondering if we're going to have a repeat this time around with Peters. If there's one difference, and it may be slight, is that Pace was simply washed up when we signed him - he had nothing left in the tank. Peters OTOH still plays at a decent level when he's healthy. And that's the key for him, staying off the injury list.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely remembered that signing and was also wondering if we're going to have a repeat this time around with Peters. If there's one difference, and it may be slight, is that Pace was simply washed up when we signed him - he had nothing left in the tank. Peters OTOH still plays at a decent level when he's healthy. And that's the key for him, staying off the injury list.

My concern was Pace got here when he was 34, not 39.

This morning sports talk with Biggs, will Peters get on the field today? Seriously, lets bide the time with the old man and make sure he can play opening weekend.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good sign imo...We'll see though. Any word on how Daniels is doing in camp/preseason? Since missing the game I didn't see much, but hoping his return will alleviate some of our issues.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern was Pace got here when he was 34, not 39.

This morning sports talk with Biggs, will Peters get on the field today? Seriously, lets bide the time with the old man and make sure he can play opening weekend.
I'm much less concerned about age, especially when it comes to OL, than I am conditioning and overall health. As I previously mentioned, Pace was flat out washed up. How the Bears could not have noticed this at the time is beyond me. Not saying I'm holding out any real hope that Peters will perform all that much better, it's more that so long as he's at least in condition and has no immediate injury concerns, I'm somewhat hopeful he can provide a little depth to our ragged OL.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends what we paid for the old guy. He can help the young guys learn how to be a pro.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. That was one of the first things that came to mind with this signing. Peters graded out solidly last year, despite his age. Obviously, at 39 you can fall off of a cliff drastically and at any moment, though. I don't think anyone will be shocked if he's a disaster.