• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears pick up 5th-year option on Floyd

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He plays the run well but doesn't get nearly as many sacks as he should. He'll cost 13M in 2020. That's a lot of money for someone averaging 4 sacks per year the last couple of years.

Unlike the majority of people here, I'm not that high on Floyd.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His sack numbers no doubt could stand for improvement, altho that average of 4 sacks per year you mentioned, he got 4 in the last 6 games, plus his run-pass coverage was never better than this past season. Which is why it was a no brainer to pick up his option.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His sack numbers no doubt could stand for improvement, altho that average of 4 sacks per year you mentioned, he got 4 in the last 6 games, plus his run-pass coverage was never better than this past season. Which is why it was a no brainer to pick up his option.

Listen. You can sugar coat and cherry pick sack numbers all you want, but you are talking to the genius and that won't work. Floyd is not good at pressuring the QB, which was supposedly his strength coming out of college.

Floyd couldn't possibly be in a better situation than he is in to rack up sacks with Hicks and Mack occupying consistent double teams. Floyd is guaranteed one on one matchup on every passing down and he can't take advantage. If it was up to me, i'd cut him loose after this season. If you want a guy that can only cover and stop the run, there's plenty of options there at LB that won't cost 13M.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listen. You can sugar coat and cherry pick sack numbers all you want, but you are talking to the genius and that won't work. Floyd is not good at pressuring the QB, which was supposedly his strength coming out of college.

Floyd couldn't possibly be in a better situation than he is in to rack up sacks with Hicks and Mack occupying consistent double teams. Floyd is guaranteed one on one matchup on every passing down and he can't take advantage. If it was up to me, i'd cut him loose after this season. If you want a guy that can only cover and stop the run, there's plenty of options there at LB that won't cost 13M.
Wel, nice rebuttal, I'll give you that. It's still a no brainer tho.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His pressure rate has been one of the best in the NFL over his two seasons. Particularly when healthy, like during his late-season stretch last season, where he was pretty dominant.

Injuries have been his biggest downfall.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see a link to this unofficial "pressure rate" stat. Sounds like one of those stats where the players with the highest pressure rate usually are the ones leading league in sacks.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to see a link to this unofficial "pressure rate" stat. Sounds like one of those stats where the players with the highest pressure rate usually are the ones leading league in sacks.

LMGTFY

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how you don't pick up his option. Floyd is a do-it-all type end. You'd like to see more sacks there but Fangio had talked about how Floyd was one of the MVPs of his defense thanks to his ability to do a bit of everything.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how you don't pick up his option. Floyd is a do-it-all type end. You'd like to see more sacks there but Fangio had talked about how Floyd was one of the MVPs of his defense thanks to his ability to do a bit of everything.

Everything except getting sacks.

You need 3 great pass rusher to have a great defense. We have 2 currently.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're so fucking dumb.

Bears have the best D in the league and will this year, as well. Floyd will onley get better. He was a bit of a "project" to begin with, with most thinking the Bears reached at the time to get him. 3 years of professional body work....he will be a beast this year. Make a note of it.

We have back-up D-line players that are starters on 75% of other teams. Nichols, Robertson Harris....

I think Floyd breaks the seal this year.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so fucking dumb.

Bears have the best D in the league and will this year, as well. Floyd will onley get better. He was a bit of a "project" to begin with, with most thinking the Bears reached at the time to get him. 3 years of professional body work....he will be a beast this year. Make a note of it.

We have back-up D-line players that are starters on 75% of other teams. Nichols, Robertson Harris....

I think Floyd breaks the seal this year.

Sure, i'll make a note of it. Just i did about Jordan Howard and his "breakout year". Just like i did when you said "if Nagy can't figure out how to use Howard, Nagy should be fired". Sure I'll make a note of it monkey.

Bears may have the best D in the league, but that doesn't make their D "great". Learn to read dog.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, i'll make a note of it. Just i did about Jordan Howard and his "breakout year". Just like i did when you said "if Nagy can't figure out how to use Howard, Nagy should be fired". Sure I'll make a note of it monkey.

Bears may have the best D in the league, but that doesn't make their D "great". Learn to read dog.

Lulz. Just cuz Howard was traded doesn't mean he sucks.

As of RIGHT NOW, he is 3rd in the NFL in rushing.

^^^That simple sentence makes you fucking retarded, as of right now. Tho your retarded predictions MAY still come true.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lulz. Just cuz Howard was traded doesn't mean he sucks.

As of RIGHT NOW, he is 3rd in the NFL in rushing.

^^^That simple sentence makes you fucking retarded, as of right now. Tho your retarded predictions MAY still come true.

Keep hanging onto that dream cupcake. And when should Nagy "get fired"? lol, lets fire the coach of the year you stupid fuck.

You are clueless when it comes to this game. I've said it before and you prove it daily with your ignorance. Sorry I hurt your feelings and am always right. I know it burns you. Omg the shit i would have taken on this board if Howard succeeded. But he didn't, like i predicted. Figure it out already you clueless dimwit.

Fans like you, are the "worst fans". Clueless, brainless, idiots. Have no idea what you are watching and spouting off like you do. Regurgitating bullshit w/out understanding the game or being able to evaluate talent even on the most pedestrian level.

Go back to sleep monkey.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep hanging onto that dream cupcake. And when should Nagy "get fired"? lol, lets fire the coach of the year you stupid fuck.

You are clueless when it comes to this game. I've said it before and you prove it daily with your ignorance. Sorry I hurt your feelings and am always right. I know it burns you. Omg the shit i would have taken on this board if Howard succeeded. But he didn't, like i predicted. Figure it out already you clueless dimwit.

Fans like you, are the "worst fans". Clueless, brainless, idiots. Have no idea what you are watching and spouting off like you do. Regurgitating bullshit w/out understanding the game or being able to evaluate talent even on the most pedestrian level.

Go back to sleep monkey.

lel. didn't read

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm presuming you're talking about Hicks as the other great rusher, cause there's no one else from the OLB position. Nichols and RRH showed a lot of talent there as well.

I'd like to see more sacks from Floyd as well. He started off really slow with the club on his hand and Fangio had him doing a lot more than just rushing the passer. He turned it on toward the end of the year. I wouldn't want to be paying Floyd $13 mil every year but he's a quality player and pretty important for this defense as it stands right now. It was a good move to pick up his option if for no other reason than to give us more time to prepare to replace him... if he happens to stagnate or regress this year. The arrow is still pointing up though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Floyd is a bad ass, sacks are not everything.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In other news the Eagles use their 2nd round pick on a RB despite having "the 3rd leading rusher in the league (according to beardown)" Jordan Howard.