• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears Have Planned Workouts With 6-7 Kickers

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of them should be Gould. He's been all but begging to return to da Bearssss.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't... free agency isn't for another month-plus. He's still a 49er.

We found a guy we like, though.

Bears signing new kicker Redford Jones
Check. Besides there's also the silly but faint possibility that the Niners might hit him with the franchise tag. Dumb as dumb could ever get, but it has been mentioned by several websites on more than one occasion.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check. Besides there's also the silly but faint possibility that the Niners might hit him with the franchise tag. Dumb as dumb could ever get, but it has been mentioned by several websites on more than one occasion.

Who do they have that warrants it more than him?

He's in their top 3 to 5 best players overall, no?

I don't know what their FA situation is, but looking at their roster, he's gotta be top 5.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do they have that warrants it more than him?

He's in their top 3 to 5 best players overall, no?

I don't know what their FA situation is, but looking at their roster, he's gotta be top 5.
Guess you can say in terms of value relative to the others on his team, Gould may be in the top 5 or at worst top 10. But it just sounds strange franchising the friggin kicker. Has it ever been done before? Seems awfully lame to me.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess you can say in terms of value relative to the others on his team, Gould may be in the top 5 or at worst top 10. But it just sounds strange franchising the friggin kicker. Has it ever been done before? Seems awfully lame to me.

No, and I somehow doubt it will be.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want to be a kicker?

The last Bears kicker scored 9 out the 15 points when the bears lost at home.

And the loss was all his fault.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would you want to be a kicker?

The last Bears kicker scored 9 out the 15 points when the bears lost at home.

And the loss was all his fault.

Yeah, he didn't do his fuckin job. That simple.

What? Am I supposed to lap his ass because he hit three field goals from 34, 29 and 36 on the most picture perfect Sunday night you could ask for in the midst of January in Chicago?

Did he also position himself for those chip shot kicks? Or was that the offense?

Get the hell outta here... lol. You're an NFL kicker - you should hit 43 yard field goals with no wind and above freezing temps when your team needs you to.

If he was worth half of a shit during the season and didn't do that CONSTANTLY... maybe there would be a SEMBLANCE of a point from your post. However, he was brutal ALL SEASON... and brutal again when his team needed him most.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he didn't do his fuckin job. That simple.

What? Am I supposed to lap his ass because he hit three field goals from 34, 29 and 36 on the most picture perfect Sunday night you could ask for in the midst of January in Chicago?

Did he also position himself for those chip shot kicks? Or was that the offense?

Get the hell outta here... lol. You're an NFL kicker - you should hit 43 yard field goals with no wind and above freezing temps when your team needs you to.

If he was worth half of a shit during the season and didn't do that CONSTANTLY... maybe there would be a SEMBLANCE of a point from your post. However, he was brutal ALL SEASON... and brutal again when his team needed him most.

Your right, he did not do his job.
But the rest of the offense score just 6, at home. ...lets point some fingers there too.

And if he was so bad all season ...what coach takes a known Achilles heal into the post season?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your right, he did not do his job.
But the rest of the offense score just 6, at home. ...lets point some fingers there too.

And if he was so bad all season ...what coach takes a known Achilles heal into the post season?

No, the offense scored 15 and what should have been 18. Meaning that they did enough to win and he did not. Kickers do not account for points on their lonesome. When you look up points allowed and points for... etc... there isn't a section under team statistics for "kicker points scored". Kickers are an extension of the offense when they notch points.

Not to mention, the offense was clutch late in that game. Two scoring drives in the 4th and... getting in position for a routine field goal in underneath a minute. They set him up to DO HIS JOB.

And NO ONE is giving him 100% blame. What a silly statement. He just deserves the lion's share. People have talked plenty about Foles late drive, offense stalling in the red zone three times... etc...

The game was literally in his hands - he does his job and they win. Every other person on the team did their job well enough in a playoff game... to get you to the point where all you have to do is hit a routine 43 yard field goal with no wind, at home. He didn't do it. That's a job that is routinely hit at over a 90% clip in the NFL.

When you do that - you will (rightly) get the lion's share of the blame. No different than a receiver who drops a wide open TD in the final seconds with nobody around *COUGH* Steve Johnson *COUGH*. Of course, other plays could have been made/avoided. HOWEVER... especially with a kicker, who has one VERY clear job... the rest of the team did enough to win. They got you to the moment where all you have to do is sink a free throw, field a routine grounder... etc... and go home. You choked away their effort.

Going away, by a mile - he had the most clear cut impact on the loss.

I don't even know what to say to something like this... show me a team without a weak link and I'll show you a top 5 all-time football team. The two Super Bowl teams are most certainly flawed. Did I miss where they were running to the street to pickup replacements for brand new defensive starters to go into the post-season with? Pulling a guy off of the street in December? Yeah, those guys are always sooooo good.

I am fairly sure that the two best place kickers available were Nick Folk and Blair Walsh. Neither of which had kicked in a year. lol.

That isn't even bringing in the fact the cap hit it would have cost to cut him mid last season. Hell, this off-season it will run them 5.5 mil. It really wasn't in Nagy's hands to begin with.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official.
Parkey is cut.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's official.
Parkey is cut.
Wow, that's too bad. I honestly believed that Parkey had a decent season and thought he had a legit shot at remaining on the roster this year........said no one ever.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagging a kicker isn't a bad deal.

Pats did it to Gostkowski. None of em make enough to bring the average up.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tagging a kicker isn't a bad deal.

Pats did it to Gostkowski. None of em make enough to bring the average up.

i suppose, assuming you have a kicker who, for the most part, is money in the bank, like gostkowski

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading on a number of websites of late that there actually is a decent chance that the Niners tag Gould. I would have never thunk that, but I guess anything is possible. It's obviously a good sign for the Niners that they have the luxury of only needing a franchise tag for a kicker. It means every other position on the roster is locked up, or at least not problematic enough to force a tag. But a QQ, does anyone know if a kicker has ever been tagged? I sure never heard of any, but then again, it's not like I've paid attention to every team in the league when it comes to matters like this.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading on a number of websites of late that there actually is a decent chance that the Niners tag Gould. I would have never thunk that, but I guess anything is possible. It's obviously a good sign for the Niners that they have the luxury of only needing a franchise tag for a kicker. It means every other position on the roster is locked up, or at least not problematic enough to force a tag. But a QQ, does anyone know if a kicker has ever been tagged? I sure never heard of any, but then again, it's not like I've paid attention to every team in the league when it comes to matters like this.

I think it's the opposite....I think he's the only player they have worth locking up.