• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears@GB

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game could go either way. If the defense plays like it has all season and the offense disappears as usual in the 3rd qtr then chalk up another loss. But since it’s the Bears then I can see a W at the end. Either way, until this team can beat someone with a winning record don’t get your hopes up that they will do anything in the playoffs but fall short once again.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few things from this game.
1. Turnovers and playing from behind really masks how bad this defense is. Besides Alexander, Clark and maybe Amos the scheme and players are bad.
2. Probably the worst defense at the end of either half. I can’t remember the last time the opposing team didn’t score with time left on the clock before halftime. Not just this game, they have been this way for years.
3. Although not bad on 1st or 2nd down, this defense is horrible on 3rd.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Turnovers and playing from behind really masks how bad this defense is. Besides Alexander, Clark and maybe Amos the scheme and players are bad.
2. Probably the worst defense at the end of either half. I can’t remember the last time the opposing team didn’t score with time left on the clock before halftime. Not just this game, they have been this way for years.
4. Thank God they played against Trubisky. Sad thing is, the defense can’t play against him every week.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers' Overall League rank
Record: 4th
Points for: 1st
Yards for: 5th
Points against: 18th
Yards against: 12th
Scoring differential: 6th

The Packers have one of the best offenses in the league and an average defense. Using words like 'bad', 'worst' and 'horrible' is eye-roll-inducing hyperbole. The Packers average under 350 YPG and 26 PPG against while teams like the Jaguars and Seahawks are giving up over 400 YPG and the Cowboys are being shredded for over 32 PPG.

Yes, we'd like the Packers' defensive numbers down to 300 YPG and 20 PPG against to be a legit championship front-runner, but let's not get carried away here with the doom and gloom. The team is in pretty good shape right now despite some shortcomings and still has as good of a shot as any team in the league to take a confetti shower in a couple months. We'll see how things go.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Packers have one of the best offenses in the league and an average defense. Using words like 'bad', 'worst' and 'horrible' is eye-roll-inducing hyperbole. The Packers average under 350 YPG and 26 PPG against while teams like the Jaguars and Seahawks are giving up over 400 YPG and the Cowboys are being shredded for over 32 PPG.

Yes, we'd like the Packers' defensive numbers down to 300 YPG and 20 PPG against to be a legit championship front-runner, but let's not get carried away here with the doom and gloom. The team is in pretty good shape right now despite some shortcomings and still has as good of a shot as any team in the league to take a confetti shower in a couple months. We'll see how things go.
I see you did your homework unlike me. I usually shoot from the hip and will post with a lil emotion involved. That said, I will try to leave emotion out my following remarks.

Not sure why you mentioned 2 losing record teams but my response to the Seahawks is they have a QB that can score with the game on the line. So does GB but he hasn’t done it lately. If either team’s QB gets stonewalled then the defense would have to step up. We know that is what happened last year in the NFCCG and the defense failed miserably. I haven’t looked at the stats but I don’t believe the defense this year is better than last year. In fact, I know they are behind in turnovers this year than last.
I think GB has the offense to make it to the SB. I just don’t think they have the defense.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, since you like posting stats. I would be interested to know how many times the opposing team scored with 2 minutes or less before halftime. I think it’s a lot but that might be my emotions kicking in.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think GB has the offense to make it to the SB. I just don’t think they have the defense.
I agree... As of right now. Things can change, though. We'll see how things play out.

My curiosity led me to play a little stats game:

I pulled team offensive & defensive yards/game & points/game and ranked each team for each stat (R). I then summed their offensive & defensive yards & points into an aggregate offensive ranking (OR) and defensive ranking (DR). I then summed their OR & DR for an overall power ranking (PR) and sorted by power ranking.

PR.png

So according to this statistical logic, the Packers are the 6th-best team in the league (as of this moment) despite having an underwhelming defense and actually beat the best team in the league on their turf.

We're doing okay.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, since you like posting stats. I would be interested to know how many times the opposing team scored with 2 minutes or less before halftime. I think it’s a lot but that might be my emotions kicking in.
I did it since you didnt want to

1606832693942.png

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree... As of right now. Things can change, though. We'll see how things play out.

My curiosity led me to play a little stats game:

I pulled team offensive & defensive yards/game & points/game and ranked each team for each stat (R). I then summed their offensive & defensive yards & points into an aggregate offensive ranking (OR) and defensive ranking (DR). I then summed their OR & DR for an overall power ranking (PR) and sorted by power ranking.

View attachment 259539

So according to this statistical logic, the Packers are the 6th-best team in the league (as of this moment) despite having an underwhelming defense and actually beat the best team in the league on their turf.

We're doing okay.
Stats are fun...aren’t they? According to your chart they a have a shot at making the SB. I believe this as well but I have zero confidence in the defense. Personally, I don’t think the right DC or players are in GB to get them over the hump. They have a few pieces but not enough. Just the fact they can’t stop the run tells me this defense will fail yet again come playoff time. I hope I’m wrong.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did it since you didnt want to

View attachment 259542
You’re awesome Trudem. So, if I’m reading this right, 6 teams have scored on the GB defense right before halftime? And 5 have not? All the teams that have not have losing records. Not a very good stat in my eyes.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are fun...aren’t they? According to your chart they a have a shot at making the SB. I believe this as well but I have zero confidence in the defense. Personally, I don’t think the right DC or players are in GB to get them over the hump. They have a few pieces but not enough. Just the fact they can’t stop the run tells me this defense will fail yet again come playoff time. I hope I’m wrong.
I've been saying for a decade that the team needs legit ILBs to be a legit D. I think we would've been there this year if we had retained Blake and signed or drafted someone to properly compliment him. The ILBs we have now are fillers again - not legit NFL ILBs - and it shows.

And just as (if not more) importantly, we need an aggressive DC intent on dictating play and forcing the other team into mistakes, not this passive "bend don't break" mentality that only sometimes works against bad teams.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying for a decade that the team needs legit ILBs to be a legit D. I think we would've been there this year if we had retained Blake and signed or drafted someone to properly compliment him. The ILBs we have now are fillers again - not legit NFL ILBs - and it shows.

And just as (if not more) importantly, we need an aggressive DC intent on dictating play and forcing the other team into mistakes, not this passive "bend don't break" mentality that only sometimes works against bad teams.
So I read an article or saw a piece on some sport network(I forget which) where they were describing Petine’s scheme. Basically they said what you said, bend don’t break and how passive they are. They gave a perfect example showing a 3rd and 3 play and CBs were playing 10 yards off the receivers basically conceding the first down to the opposing offense. I was nodding my head yes the whole time they were bad mouthing the defensive scheme. Meh, what do I know, I’m just a fan.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off I would have no concerns on playing Seattle in the playoffs they are frauds in my opinion. There O line stinks and lately they have barely been beating people. They should have kicked the Eagles ass

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have time to improve yet as the time to gel is in Dec. They have been playing decent for like half a game just not a full game yet, Gary is doing better. They now have a 360 pound guy that they may help use to help slow the run. Will have to see how the next few weeks go. Maybe it will work where they have it all togther when they host the Titans after Christmas and lock up the @1 seed after the Saints lose to KC. That is the hope anyway