• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears cut Mike Davis, get compensatory pick (probably)

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is old news, but figured it's a good discussion point. Makes a lot of sense, because:
  • Tarik Cohen already plays enough to give Montgomery more than enough breathers
  • There's no reason to play Davis when you have Montgomery healthy
  • Mike Davis isn't special teams player (to be the best of my knowledge but i could be wrong)
  • We have Ryan Nall on the practice squad, and Ryan Nall is awesome (maybe not but he's solid)
  • Ryan Nall plays special teams
  • And the coup de grace, we get a compensatory pick because of it
We don't get a comp pick because of cutting him, rather the league formula taking into account who you lose vs. who you picked up. Without Davis counting to who we picked up, the loss of Amos (most namely) gives us a good shot at getting a nice comp pick, maybe a 4th. That's awesome especially since we don't have a 1st and Pace has done well in the middle rounds.

And FYI, Mike Davis was picked up off waivers by the Panthers. Savvy move for them as Davis is a solid back both running and receiving in the event that McCaffrey goes down.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis is a solid back but he was just lost in the shuffle when Montgomery took a stranglehold on the carries. Then you have Cohen as the change of pace. It leaves nothing for Davis. Just like Nall got nothing Sunday.

I honestly think that Davis was brought in here during free agency because we weren't sure if we were going to get Montgomery in the draft and wanted an insurance policy. Since we knew we were parting ways with Howard.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think that Davis was brought in here during free agency because we weren't sure if we were going to get Montgomery in the draft and wanted an insurance policy. Since we knew we were parting ways with Howard.
And because you wanted to have some good depth considering we were making a superbowl run. Now that it's pretty clear that that's no happening, if Montgomery goes down, that sucks but oh well, we weren't winning anything anyway.