• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bears Bucs week 16

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D’Anthony Smith joins 53-man roster

Bears elevate another D Tackle from the practice squad. Timu led the team with 9 tackles last week, at least we get to see some change.

Wasn't anyplace to really put this so with Xmas weekend, thought might as well start a game thread.

This exceeded the Smith limit on the roster, so Antone Smith was released. (<thats a joke)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a season like last year, you really don't mind seeing them lose for draft positioning.

However, with this team being young and under a new regime. IMO, you want to see them finish strong with a couple of wins. I won't get caught up in the outcome, at all. However, I think with a younger group you want to see them start figuring some things out. Mainly, how to win, close games, etc...

I know some people get so caught up in draft positioning, but I've never been one to fret about it much. If you look back on the last decade or so. Team's who draft well, will draft well. Team's who are run incompetently, will swing and miss many times. Regardless of positioning. I don't think winning football games with a young team is ever a bad thing.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanna play 2 solid games and hopefully lose both. The higher the draft picks the better at this point. No it's not a sure thing getting high draft picks but we finally got a GM that won't waste them. I am looking forward to this off season and that is different for me. Add in last years first round pick to this years draft and this team should get a nice influx of talented young players.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, one thing going for us, Bears are underdawgs again, that should get them a better chance to win. Just hope Fox separates the guys that are using this as a try out and those who have given up and learns something these last two games.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering over under on punts today, I was at 17, might make it in a half. Did that one count?

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice game plan going here... Run run run... Jay making good decisions. Keep it up Bears!

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royal needs to catch that... TD dropped. Up 6 going into halftime. Good. D playing well, Offense running the ball. Nice.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice game plan going here... Run run run... Jay making good decisions. Keep it up Bears!

Seeing a lot Langford....... It seems to me if Forte does not want to sign for the cheap, he maybe our starting rb next season.

And I'm good with that......

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not that high on Kadeem Carey coming into this season...and he's shown me that the 1-2 punch of Him and Langford could be a really good thing going forward. I would still like to get Forte back at a team friendly deal, but if not...we should be in good shape.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get a win... get off the losing streak... beat former coach... all good things. Too little too late, but I'll take it.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not that high on Kadeem Carey coming into this season...and he's shown me that the 1-2 punch of Him and Langford could be a really good thing going forward. I would still like to get Forte back at a team friendly deal, but if not...we should be in good shape.

Me too, but he just seems to find the seam. Moves the chains and finds the endzone. Runs hard,(but patient) for a small guy.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, but he just seems to find the seam. Moves the chains and finds the endzone. Runs hard,(but patient) for a small guy.

He at least made me question the Jagizz Rodgers signing. Thought carey was that scat back kind of guy already on the roster.

Well, another game thread win for the idiot, even though Lovie seemed content to lose and move up the draft board. Winston has a funky throw, sure seems to float the ball up out there, Fuller and Porter were beat badly and still had enough time to recover with his floating balls. Hey, I said floating balls.

Anderson with a big hit and Timu with two recoveries, bye bye shea. nice knowing you. another knock on the personnel team for not having this kid on the active roster?

Looked like Forte with another quad injury, might have seen his last game.

Eddie Royal, another guy that should not be here next year. Third or fourth options should be able to move up the depth chart.

Good win with a run first offense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winston does throw an ugly ball.

Meh... I watched him quite a bit this year. He was actually pretty damn impressive from week 6 or so and on. Had a damn fine rookie season IMO.

He was a bit off today, no doubt. However, that happens in your rookie year sometimes.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... I watched him quite a bit this year. He was actually pretty damn impressive from week 6 or so and on. Had a damn fine rookie season IMO.

He was a bit off today, no doubt. However, that happens in your rookie year sometimes.

Just seemed like every ball came out fucky? Wobbly floaters en sech

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to know we're ahead of Lovie after 3 years in Tampa when we had to go through 2 years of trestman before our first year of fox. I am eager to see what Pace and Fox have in store for the offseason. I think this team is still at least two years from contention, but you never know.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's nice to know we're ahead of Lovie after 3 years in Tampa when we had to go through 2 years of trestman before our first year of fox. I am eager to see what Pace and Fox have in store for the offseason. I think this team is still at least two years from contention, but you never know.

This past year, we were probably a handful of plays from contention. In this league, you're always potentially one year away. There's pieces in place here, and we have a lot of cap space to work with this off-season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just seemed like every ball came out fucky? Wobbly floaters en sech

Yeah, I noticed a handful of times too. Also noticed him limping. It was certainly not his best game. Our pass rush was surprisingly consistent. Considering all the injuries we suffered as the game went on.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got hit really hard on a scramble, it was the play right before they called a time out after a reception to their tight end. Took him a while to get up, by the time he got to the huddle and called the play and got to the line 15 yards down field the play clock was almost done. I saw his head bounce off the turf getting hit on that throw on a different play that either Porter or maybe Fuller got saved on by the floating ball. Pretty sure it was the fuller one.