• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears at Seattle: Pre-Season Week 2

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick turnaround for a 2nd pre-season game. Word is that Flus will only play starters 6-8 snaps.

Might not be very exciting in terms of looking at Fields, Brisker, etc. anymore than we did last week.

What are we all looking/hoping to see? I'm pretty interested to see Velus Jones make his debut myself.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick turnaround for a 2nd pre-season game. Word is that Flus will only play starters 6-8 snaps.

Might not be very exciting in terms of looking at Fields, Brisker, etc. anymore than we did last week.

What are we all looking/hoping to see? I'm pretty interested to see Velus Jones make his debut myself.
As always, I'm looking to see how the roster bubble players perform. But yeah, for those who couldn't play last week, guys like Jones and Gordon, I want to see them in action tomorrow, even tho it will be limited.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking to see......no injuries to starters.

But probably wont watch,so Ill be relying on you guys for info.......lol

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking to see......no injuries to starters.

But probably wont watch,so Ill be relying on you guys for info.......lol
Amen to your first line. Being a Chitown expatriate, this will be my last chance to catch da Bearsssss on national TV (tonite on ESPN). If I recall, the final game will be televised locally only. Of course the NFL channel replays all preseason games at some point in the week, so eventually I'll be able to watch that last one as well.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amen to your first line. Being a Chitown expatriate, this will be my last chance to catch da Bearsssss on national TV (tonite on ESPN). If I recall, the final game will be televised locally only. Of course the NFL channel replays all preseason games at some point in the week, so eventually I'll be able to watch that last one as well.

Hell,I didnt know theyre gonna be on ESPN,let alone playing tonite......lol.....thanks for the info.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, another fun game regardless of the outcome. I'm becoming a big Eberflus fan. Didn't matter which players were out there, they all play like they're fighting for a roster spot, which of course tonight happened to be many of them. Flus and his staff have installed a discipline and drive in their guys that I didn't see from Nagy and co the past few years. Surprisingly, it looked just the opposite on Carroll's squad. They looked disorganized and quite sloppy. As always, we should never take away too much from preseason, but I will say this year's Bears overall look to be more ready to take on the season than last year's version.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first series of the game,Fields looked decent,the run blocking looks spot on sgain and the pass blocking still needs a lot of work.......

The rest of yhe game was just on,didnt watch.......
Mooney is a legit starter,wish him well......

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kmet is a dork. Chill out homey. It’s preseason game 2 vs a team that just traded away their franchise.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I've noticed a marked improvement in the maturity of the team in hustle, play calling in all aspects of Team play through 2 games.

It helps a lot to see such a solid draft class up and down the draft. Ebner, Robinson, Brisker, Gill, Venus, even the CB all look like players.

Does the team still need work, yup yup. But I really like what I'm seeing so far.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first series of the game,Fields looked decent,the run blocking looks spot on sgain and the pass blocking still needs a lot of work.......

The rest of yhe game was just on,didnt watch.......
Mooney is a legit starter,wish him well......
Yeah, felt the exact same way. I do like the way our line was run blocking, but too many times Seattle's DL was in our backfield too quickly. The one counterpunch to that tho is Fields does a nice rollout and toss on the run. That's gonna be a weapon this season.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, felt the exact same way. I do like the way our line was run blocking, but too many times Seattle's DL was in our backfield too quickly.

I assume from recent link I read here Lucas Patrick is at center. Played a lot of games for Packers the last 2 years... I liked him a lot. Should hold down the center spot for the Bears very well.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, another fun game regardless of the outcome. I'm becoming a big Eberflus fan. Didn't matter which players were out there, they all play like they're fighting for a roster spot, which of course tonight happened to be many of them. Flus and his staff have installed a discipline and drive in their guys that I didn't see from Nagy and co the past few years. Surprisingly, it looked just the opposite on Carroll's squad. They looked disorganized and quite sloppy. As always, we should never take away too much from preseason, but I will say this year's Bears overall look to be more ready to take on the season than last year's version.
For these reasons (and because I'm getting a feeling that Fields has progressed) I honestly am beginning to (cautiously) think we will be much more competitive than most think. Keep in mind, most think we will contend for the top pick. Not a high bar, but... if we are disciplined/well coached/play hard/defense plays well under Flus/Fields takes a step forward... I mean, maybe we can take advantage of an easier looking schedule and play some meaningful football.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, felt the exact same way. I do like the way our line was run blocking, but too many times Seattle's DL was in our backfield too quickly. The one counterpunch to that tho is Fields does a nice rollout and toss on the run. That's gonna be a weapon this season.
Yeah, only so much you can roll out in the NFL, though. Line will have to protect better and Fields will have to process faster.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kmet is a dork. Chill out homey. It’s preseason game 2 vs a team that just traded away their franchise.
God forbid our team plays hard and gives a shit.

Hell, they didn't even do that in the regular season last year. Much less pre-season. Let em get after it. Sheesh.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, only so much you can roll out in the NFL, though. Line will have to protect better and Fields will have to process faster.
Agreed. You don't 'roll out' your way to a SB ring. You have to be able to do some shit from the pocket as well. But at least we have a QB who gives us this flexibility. Makes it that much tougher on opposing DCs to game plan.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Break down of Jenkins playing guard in the Seahawks game.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also liked seeing Kmet involved.......I think he needs to step it up this year,otherwise hes just another wasted pick.....
I didnt like the pic to begin with when we drafted him,I just thought we needed something more than a te at the time.......so I got my fingers crossed.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to draft Kmet in fantasy leagues. He could have a volume year in this offense.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to draft Kmet in fantasy leagues. He could have a volume year in this offense.
Definitely a strong consideration. It's been mentioned about a bazillion times now that he's become Fields #2 target, right behind Mooney. So he should see a lot of action. And nothing quite like a dependable TE to serve as a QB's BFF on the short-medium routes.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a strong consideration. It's been mentioned about a bazillion times now that he's become Fields #2 target, right behind Mooney. So he should see a lot of action. And nothing quite like a dependable TE to serve as a QB's BFF on the short-medium routes.
Which is funny because that was a Nagy offense thingy and not a Getzy, Green Bay thingy. But if it works? He is a huge, big man with skill according to what some analysts that visited the Bears camp have said. I'm all in if he is utilized in a big manner in the Offence.