• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears (5-6) vs Lions (4-7)

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as dead as the season feels (rightfully) - technically we're just one game back of a wild card. Really, we're a DeAndre Hopkins hail mary away from being tied for the final wild card at 5-6. Lol. We play Detroit at home while Arizona goes to LAR.

It feels like a lost cause, but I guess I am here for it. I have been drinking more than usual during Bears games this year and that must continue if I am going to continue watching this nonsense.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
technically we're just one game back of a wild card. Really, we're a DeAndre Hopkins hail mary away from being tied for the final wild card at 5-6.

And technically we're a D'Andre Swift catch in the endzone away from being 2 games out.

For the betterment of this franchise i hope we lose and we lose big.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And technically we're a D'Andre Swift catch in the endzone away from being 2 games out.
Without a doubt. You are correct.

However, I disagree with the second part. The only thing that could save Nagy/Pace? Not just sneaking into the playoffs, but also winning when we get there.

A) That isn't going to happen.
B) Even if it did. That would mean Nagy figured his way through QUITE a mess and another year has been earned.

So long as the season has any kind of life, whatsofreakingever. I'll be rooting for the Chicago Bears.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares? We suck.
Yeah, but I still care.

I just do. It's not something I can help.

Plus, only caring when you're good is dumb. It defeats the purpose of being a fan, IMO.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but I still care.

I just do. It's not something I can help.

Plus, only caring when you're good is dumb. It defeats the purpose of being a fan, IMO.
You should tell the bears organization to fuck off when we suck. Dont support them when they suck or they have no reason to get better.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should tell the bears organization to fuck off when we suck. Dont support them when they suck or they have no reason to get better.

Exactly. This notion that somehow we as fans aren't "true fans" unless we do this, is so stupid. I mean who the fuck are you? Seriously, these idiots need to get over themselves and stfu.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. This notion that somehow we as fans aren't "true fans" unless we do this, is so stupid. I mean who the fuck are you? Seriously, these idiots need to get over themselves and stfu.
I see you're starting to sing a different tune, obviously having previously painted yourself into a corner didn't pan out as you thought it would. It's one thing to take the attitude that so long as our team is stinking up the joint, why should we fans care or root for them. I don't necessarily agree with this but it's more than understandable. And, as long as we're losing game after game, I can see the point some folks take the "oh well, at least we'll have an earlier draft pick" approach. A kind of sour grapes suggestion to our season's fortunes. But let's keep in mind tho that even if we lose the rest of the way, we still may not even end up with a top 10 pick.

Now, unless you've conveeeeeniently forgotten, let me remind you that you were, and I assume still are, completely on board with the team throwing games just for the sake of a better draft pick, which is the absolutely dumbest thing a sports fan can say. That goofy idea is so wrong on so many levels, I'm not gonna bother explaining why. I'm gonna let you figure that out for yourself, Capt. Mensa.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching them on TV is not "supporting" them in any tangible way that matters. If you're not there for when they suck, how can you fully enjoy the good times?

Especially when they're one game back of a playoff spot? No thanks. There is a 1% chance we can turn this season into anything worth a shit. But the Giants were in this position two different times with Coughlin, etc. and won a SB. So, here I am. Hoping for the 1% to flush out.

Literally, me rooting for them impacts nothing. Second, if they just keep losing then we all get what we currently want. Nagy/Pace gone. If they do go on a miraculous turnaround run. Then, we all get what we want in a different way. Which is a winning Bears team contending.

I'll never understand the masses of butthurt fans who just pout and want the team to lose because "WAAAHHH!!!! I'M UPSET!!!". When you're in the hunt for a top 3 draft pick? Sure, but we're not. So, what's the point? Nagy is gone whether we go 5-11 or 8-8. We would have to make the playoffs and probably win a playoff game for him to stay.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching them on TV is not "supporting" them in any tangible way that matters. If you're not there for when they suck, how can you fully enjoy the good times?

Especially when they're one game back of a playoff spot? No thanks. There is a 1% chance we can turn this season into anything worth a shit. But the Giants were in this position two different times with Coughlin, etc. and won a SB. So, here I am. Hoping for the 1% to flush out.

Literally, me rooting for them impacts nothing. Second, if they just keep losing then we all get what we currently want. Nagy/Pace gone. If they do go on a miraculous turnaround run. Then, we all get what we want in a different way. Which is a winning Bears team contending.

I'll never understand the masses of butthurt fans who just pout and want the team to lose because "WAAAHHH!!!! I'M UPSET!!!". When you're in the hunt for a top 3 draft pick? Sure, but we're not. So, what's the point? Nagy is gone whether we go 5-11 or 8-8. We would have to make the playoffs and probably win a playoff game for him to stay.
If we make the playoffs this year, it’ll set the franchise back. Nagy has got to go at the very least.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is guaranteed in life but you still have to try.

How convenient for you.
Yes, it is, it is very convenient for me, but obviously inconvenient for you, as I'm sure you'd love for me to provide the details. Sorry buddy, not that easy.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is, it is very convenient for me, but obviously inconvenient for you, as I'm sure you'd love for me to provide the details. Sorry buddy, not that easy.

(rolls eyes) You're so clever.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why thank you. So rare to receive a compliment from the intellectual BS (even if a little eyes roll is thrown in for detrimental effect).

It wasn't a compliment and the eye roll was the clue. You have to think deeper.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
**GASP** You're kidding!!! And here I could have sworn it was a compliment. Silly, silly me.

That's why you have to think deeper. Try reading a little more.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as dead as the season feels (rightfully) - technically we're just one game back of a wild card. Really, we're a DeAndre Hopkins hail mary away from being tied for the final wild card at 5-6. Lol. We play Detroit at home while Arizona goes to LAR.

It feels like a lost cause, but I guess I am here for it. I have been drinking more than usual during Bears games this year and that must continue if I am going to continue watching this nonsense.
The NFL hasn't been trying for years. They hand out gadzillion dollar contracts and 75% of Sunday games are pure garbage. When you've got your money why bother risking injury.