• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baylor Rebound?

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this week we get a nationally televised Thursday night game at home WVU is a 13.5 point favorite after a bye week. So... Will this team finally show up for a whole game?

The most frustrating thing this season for me, has been the inconsistent play by the offense. Do they show up this week? I'm doubtful.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this week we get a nationally televised Thursday night game at home WVU is a 13.5 point favorite after a bye week. So... Will this team finally show up for a whole game?

The most frustrating thing this season for me, has been the inconsistent play by the offense. Do they show up this week? I'm doubtful.
I am hoping the offense has been addressed and shows up this week. They have been going backwards the past few weeks, the IAST game, Grier looked scared to throw, the picks against Kansas may have got in his head, there were many receivers open last week, but Grier chose to hold the ball, the defense has been the better unit for a month now. If Grier plays like he did last week, we may not win another game this year.....both the offense and defense have just decided to take series off all season, that has to stop, to win now that we are in the meat of the schedule, both sides of the ball have to play the whole game, and STs can't have any screw ups, it was good to see them with the block and runback last week, you know with WVU when the STs are your heros, we didn't have a good game at all!!

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game, team effort. Yea Baylor aint very good this year but that's what you SHOULD do to teams that aint very good.
minus the FG misses/block and some struggles in the run game that's about as dominating a win that I've seen by us, ever.

Credit where its due, great job Dana and staff, THAT is how you blow teams out and get the backups playing time to further their development while improving our depth.

Now lets go to Austin and make another statement shall we?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the senior leadership of the team had a closed door meeting after the embarrassing loss to Iowa St. In the meeting, they reminded everyone that their goals were still within reach.

The quick start to the game provided an instant buzz in the stadium. The 2nd qtr explosion was as intense a moment as I’ve felt watching us play.

I love our defense, and I loved how our crowd cheered for Will when he threw the ball away Thursday night.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently the senior leadership of the team had a closed door meeting after the embarrassing loss to Iowa St. In the meeting, they reminded everyone that their goals were still within reach.

The quick start to the game provided an instant buzz in the stadium. The 2nd qtr explosion was as intense a moment as I’ve felt watching us play.

I love our defense, and I loved how our crowd cheered for Will when he threw the ball away Thursday night.

Was Iowa State that embarrassing?? They are going to be Bowl eligible and likely finish 4th in the conference..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was Iowa State that embarrassing?? They are going to be Bowl eligible and likely finish 4th in the conference..

Haha...

We had fucking one hundred fucking fifty yards of fucking offense. We scored 1 fucking TD.

Worst offensive performance in over 20 fucking years.

Yeah... that is fucking embarrassing...

ISU sits in the driver’s seat btw. They win out... they finish 2nd... winning all tie breakers.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have some issues to iron out....running the ball right now is my biggest concern. Take out the three big runs and well it looks bad.

Not sure how I feel if it comes down to a FG....

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still have some issues to iron out....running the ball right now is my biggest concern. Take out the three big runs and well it looks bad.

Not sure how I feel if it comes down to a FG....

I mentioned this to BBW...This is just not a good run blocking team...they are not road graders...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be beaten by a better team would not be an embarrassment, to go to a mediocre team that we should beat 9/10 times and be totally manhandled, to see the worst offensive performance in 20+ years is an embarrassment indeed. I am very pleased to see the MUCH better play against Baylor, first complete game of the year. The Oline needs to learn to run block, we have some very capable backs who would be adding some serious yardage and taking heat off of Grier IF they could get some blocking in front of them. Hope to see some improvement this Saturday!!!

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be beaten by a better team would not be an embarrassment, to go to a mediocre team that we should beat 9/10 times and be totally manhandled, to see the worst offensive performance in 20+ years is an embarrassment indeed. I am very pleased to see the MUCH better play against Baylor, first complete game of the year. The Oline needs to learn to run block, we have some very capable backs who would be adding some serious yardage and taking heat off of Grier IF they could get some blocking in front of them. Hope to see some improvement this Saturday!!!

This mediocre team beat Oklahoma in NORMAN last year..WV and OKIE State in Stillwater this year.. They have lost 3 games by a TOTAL of 23 points... ONLY a 10 point loss to OU, who has crushed teams all year, Iowa by 10 early and a 3 point loss on the rad to TCU...I would suggest its a program on the rise...

Last edited:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa State is the only 4-3 team ranked by the Committee. I would live to see us both win out and get them again in the CCG.

We get no respect from the Committee again. We are the lowest ranked one loss P5 team.

I don't want to see us play Bama or Clemson anyway.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This mediocre team beat Oklahoma in NORMAN last year..WV and OKIE State in Stillwater this year.. They have lost 3 games by a TOTAL of 23 points... ONLY a 10 point loss to OU, who has crushed teams all year, Iowa by 10 early and a 3 point loss on the rad to TCU...I would suggest its a program on the rise...
I also see them as on the rise, but stand by my mediocre comment, they are a MUCH better team than they were three years ago, but are not anything special, they beat a team or two every year that they shouldn't, but so does most everyone. WVU should beat them 9/10 times they play. Looking forward to Saturday, I will be in the woods with my bow most of the day, but will have the phone along to keep the score handy!!! It would be great to have an Ohio big buck on the ground as I hear about a Mountie win Sat. evening!!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this to BBW...This is just not a good run blocking team...they are not road graders...

2018 NCAA OFFENSIVE LINE STATS | Football Outsiders

2018 NCAA OFFENSIVE LINE STATS

• Line Yards per Carry: For 2018, we are experimenting with a new definition for college line yardage based on film study and generalization. Instead of the ALY figure FO used for the NFL, this one is tighter: the line gets credit for rushing yardage between 0-3 yards (instead of 0-4) and 50% credit for yards 4-8 (instead of 5-10). Anything over 8 yards is quantified as a highlight opportunity, and credit goes to the runner. As with the pro definition, lost yardage still counts for 125%. (Garbage time is filtered out for all line yardage averages.)

West Virginia 2.75 33 (national rank)

• Standard Downs Line Yards per Carry: The raw, unadjusted per-carry line yardage for a team on standard downs (first down, second-and-7 or fewer, third-and-4 or fewer, fourth-and-4 or fewer).
West Virginia 2.69 43 (national rank)

• Passing Downs Line Yards per Carry: The same unadjusted averages for rushing on passing downs.
West Virginia 3.09 30 (national rank)

• Opportunity Rate: The percentage of carries (when four yards are available) that gain at least four yards, i.e. the percentage of carries in which the line does its job, so to speak.
West Virginia 51.7% 22 (national rank)

West Virginia 75.0% 45 (national rank)

West Virginia 17.2% 42 (national rank)

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go to the link I provided, you can compare our stats and national rankings to previous seasons... goes back to 2014.

Many fans comment on our use of power and successful running game in 2015 and especially 2016.

Compare the numbers... albeit... the first category has been changed this year from Adjusted line yards per carry that he uses for NFL analysis.

I think everyone will find this information interesting...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also see them as on the rise, but stand by my mediocre comment, they are a MUCH better team than they were three years ago, but are not anything special, they beat a team or two every year that they shouldn't, but so does most everyone. WVU should beat them 9/10 times they play. Looking forward to Saturday, I will be in the woods with my bow most of the day, but will have the phone along to keep the score handy!!! It would be great to have an Ohio big buck on the ground as I hear about a Mountie win Sat. evening!!

I don't know...I like their QB...kids pretty calm under pressure...their defense gets better every game...good luck in the woods!

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know...I like their QB...kids pretty calm under pressure...their defense gets better every game...good luck in the woods!

If Iowa St goes on to dominate the remaining schedule of theirs in the way they dominated us, then I will become a believer in Cyclone football.

I think they are a good team. But, when you're dominated by a good team... you better be having a shitty year yourself. Otherwise, players and fans are going to say it was an embarrassing performance.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Iowa St goes on to dominate the remaining schedule of theirs in the way they dominated us, then I will become a believer in Cyclone football.

I think they are a good team. But, when you're dominated by a good team... you better be having a shitty year yourself. Otherwise, players and fans are going to say it was an embarrassing performance.

I know where your going with this ....so my comment is..Wv had a bad game...maybe an understatement, however you have to give the other team some credit of being up to the task...IMHO Iowa State has played well all year and now they are putting up the W's to show something for it..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know where your going with this ....so my comment is..Wv had a bad game...maybe an understatement, however you have to give the other team some credit of being up to the task...IMHO Iowa State has played well all year and now they are putting up the W's to show something for it..

Like I said, ISU is a good team. Not an elite team.

When WVU got whipped by great teams like TCU or BU in ‘15 when we were a good... but not great team... it was still embarrassing.

WVU didn’t just have a bad night... a bad game. They were dominated.

IMO, having a bad game when you’re supposedly the number 6 team in the country, means you made a few costly mistakes that cost you some scoring opportunities. Or, it may mean you had way too many TO’s... 4 INT’s... 4 fumbles...

That wasn’t the case either.

Just like WVU went on the road to Lubbock in 2012 and suffered an embarrassing butt whipping... so did this year’s team when it was scared to play ISU in Ames. To say TT was up to the task in ‘12 does not take the onus of responsibility off the WVU team and its leadership.

Our once Heisman hopeful QB was terrible against ISU. Shit happens. But, the Will to succeed... the Will to lead... the Will to win... took an embarrassing turn.

Hopefully... Will has the will to finish.

We’ll find out Saturday afternoon.