• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Battle at Bristol - Parking/Camping

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys,

I am investigating if I should "camp" for the game. My in-laws have a tote behind camper and I was thinking of using that and renting a camping spot for the game. Has anyone camped there before? if not, what are your plans for parking, etc?

Thanks,

-Zete

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You talking camping over night? If so, its a solid idea. Despite being a track that's a big deal in NASCAR, there's almost nothing around Bristol. Plenty fans gets hotels in Wytheville, Johnson City, and Blacksburg to attend the race. It's been awhile since I've been (like 8 years or so) but if they still do it like the races, the camp sites are pretty darn close to the track. It could be different though since I think they've done some renovations. Traffic will be hell though regardless.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly - i was thinking of just camping for the game near the track. However I found out yesterday when I started contacting some of the camping grounds that Bristol Speedway has leased these campgrounds out for the races. To me this means it will be a "markup" in cost for parking/camping which stinks. I am going to call the office and see if I cam get more information. The wife thinks I am crazy for us going, but I think if thought through, this could be a pretty cool event. I just have to "plan" around the traffic (get their earlier / leave later).

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update - called today and they said camping spots would be available for sale starting April 1st. All spots would be reserved.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Update - called today and they said camping spots would be available for sale starting April 1st. All spots would be reserved.

That'd be the way to go then imo. Make an event of it by staying at the track.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Update**

Got a camping spot. If you call the Bristol office, they make it seem like they have all of the camping ground leased for this game but that is not the case. I found one of the Mom/Pop camp spots that is very close to the game and will be there from Thurs-Friday and has security, showers, vendors on the grounds and such. I am kind of winging this whole deal but it should be fun. I am hearing they have something planned each night until the game (concerts, etc.).