• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Batman: Hush (2019) (animated)

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batman: Hush, based on the famous story arc that introduced the titular villain Hush, will be released on Saturday, July 20, 2019.

Last edited:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q

just saw Hush, was pretty good... but just like the comics, the ending was pretty bad(or at least disappointing)...
they did make SOME Jason Todd references, but not enough to make us even think he was the bad guy....

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q

just saw Hush, was pretty good... but just like the comics, the ending was pretty bad(or at least disappointing)...
they did make SOME Jason Todd references, but not enough to make us even think he was the bad guy....

This is the one comic that deserved a movie despite its predictable ending.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is on dc universe

BusSport

Mountain Goat Racer
Hoopla Cash
$ 115,625,688.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is on dc universe

Per the description on the trailer:

DC said:
Produced by Warner Bros. Animation and DC, the feature-length animated film arrives from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Digital starting July 20, 2019, and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack and on the DC Universe streaming service on August 13, 2019.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per the description on the trailer:

Can’t wait. The rare story where the journey is so good you don’t mind a weaker ending

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad film is bad. If you enjoyed the comic, do not watch. They ruined it.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did D and D write this adaptation too?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad film is bad. If you enjoyed the comic, do not watch. They ruined it.

I liked it a lot up to the last 20 minutes or so... did not like the ending at all...

But even though the ending was different than the comics, the comics had a terrible ending too... kind of thought this made more sense, even though it was more random...

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it a lot up to the last 20 minutes or so... did not like the ending at all...

But even though the ending was different than the comics, the comics had a terrible ending too... kind of thought this made more sense, even though it was more random...
Why change the characters? I hate that kind of stuff. If you are going to do the same thing, why screw with that?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why change the characters? I hate that kind of stuff. If you are going to do the same thing, why screw with that?

I think there was a couple reasons...

it looks like the DC animated films want to go Linear, as you can see by the scene with Bruce and his son Damian... Damian is part of teen titans... by doing this, and with very little talk about Jason Todd, it was hard to infer he was the killer....

that took away a lot of the story... so changing who the killer was made more sense to THIS story...

But I was not a fan of how HUSH ended in the comics either... so I knew I was going to be upset about this ending... which is kind of why the ending didn't RUIN the movie for me...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@The Q

doesn't belong here, but i don't want to scavenge for the superhero thread...

Because in the comics he wasn't....but he should've been. That was my biggest complaint with the source material.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there was a couple reasons...

it looks like the DC animated films want to go Linear, as you can see by the scene with Bruce and his son Damian... Damian is part of teen titans... by doing this, and with very little talk about Jason Todd, it was hard to infer he was the killer....

that took away a lot of the story... so changing who the killer was made more sense to THIS story...

But I was not a fan of how HUSH ended in the comics either... so I knew I was going to be upset about this ending... which is kind of why the ending didn't RUIN the movie for me...

Batgirl could also walk in this one.

and they mentioned the Death of Superman story....and Lex is a member of the JL.

They totally walloped the timeline (which is weird cause Killing Joke came out before this).

Not to mention this was way more catwoman centric than the source material.

I said from the time the comic came out that Hush should've been jason todd. But when they didn't play up where Batman landed early on (nor did they show the hotel building letters...) you knew they weren't rectifying that wrong.

It's probably about as disappointing as the comic book ending was. But the ride was really fun to get there....

...just like the comics.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Batgirl could also walk in this one.

and they mentioned the Death of Superman story....and Lex is a member of the JL.

They totally walloped the timeline (which is weird cause Killing Joke came out before this).

Not to mention this was way more catwoman centric than the source material.

I said from the time the comic came out that Hush should've been jason todd. But when they didn't play up where Batman landed early on (nor did they show the hotel building letters...) you knew they weren't rectifying that wrong.

It's probably about as disappointing as the comic book ending was. But the ride was really fun to get there....

...just like the comics.

maybe because they got some shit over the Batgirl half of the killing joke, so they probably ignored it, to keep batgirl(not oracle) a major piece of the batman family in future films...

which is actually too bad, because the people most interested in watching superhero cartoons that are not directly targeted to children are fans... and fans want justice to the comics...

No reason to ignore the jason todd storyline...

But seems like we ultimately agree about this movie... very good until the end, but since we knew the ending would disappoint, we didn't mind it disappointing, even if it was in a different way...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe because they got some shit over the Batgirl half of the killing joke, so they probably ignored it, to keep batgirl(not oracle) a major piece of the batman family in future films...

which is actually too bad, because the people most interested in watching superhero cartoons that are not directly targeted to children are fans... and fans want justice to the comics...

No reason to ignore the jason todd storyline...

But seems like we ultimately agree about this movie... very good until the end, but since we knew the ending would disappoint, we didn't mind it disappointing, even if it was in a different way...

Well it was a fake out in the comics.

Once they put in Damian and batgirl instead of Tim Drake you couldn’t do that storyline. Because it was all about Hush having some issue with drake. Calling him a “pretender”

They ignored that.

They used a gun instead of a batarang

The alley was unnamed

The letters on the building he was standing at.

Those were the big clues pointing toward JT. When none of those showed up, you couldn’t swing it back that way.

My guess is they didn’t want Jt to be all bad, but they heard the heat they got for not making him Hush and this created the Punisher-like Red Hood. A very dark character for DC at the time.