• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barry (TV series)

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t see a thread for this - I truly feel this is the best show on HBO right now.

Two episodes ago was one of the best tv episodes I’ve ever seen, intense for a while 30 minutes a shot masterfully by Hader

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been watching this show since it started and it's hilarious. Really well done and yes definitely the best show on HBO right now.

The episode with the little karate girl was absolutely out of place and really god damn stupid. Ending was funny and pretty solid though. Other than that every episode has been great.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The episode with the little karate girl was absolutely out of place and really god damn stupid.
Surprising to hear. Don't disagree it was out of place, but that added to its value for me.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Surprising to hear. Don't disagree it was out of place, but that added to its value for me.
I think Hader nailed it in the aftershow thing. You're either gonna love it or hate it.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Hader nailed it in the aftershow thing. You're either gonna love it or hate it.

I thought it was interesting they used an episode that was so far outside the norm to wrap up several hanging issues so they could move onto something else. I was a big fan of that episode, but you are correct I have not heard a neutral opinion on it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, that ep is the highest rated on IMDB

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was interesting they used an episode that was so far outside the norm to wrap up several hanging issues so they could move onto something else. I was a big fan of that episode, but you are correct I have not heard a neutral opinion on it.
The little girl thing was just way too cartoonish IMO, especially considering Barry fought her dad right before and it was a pretty realistic fight other than maybe the dude coming swinging in with the nun chucks for comedic effect. You go from that, and then all of a sudden there's 10 year old girl flying across the room, climbing up trees and perching on a roof for 5 hours like a gargoyle, chasing down and jumping on cars, and then just.....biting a guy and......staying there with her teeth in his face? I don't know man. The girls movements didn't even look realistic. It was like one of the zombies from I am Legend.

Not to mention the whole deal of Barry getting stabbed a shit ton and bleeding all over that guy's house. Pretty sure the little girl is going to tell the cops about that and they're going to figure out there was another dude they need to be looking for. Shouldn't this open up an investigation like the one in season 1? They made sure it mattered that Fuches lost his tooth in that garage at the crime scene, but there's all that blood and a witness and they just moved right past it?

How is Barry going to explain to Sally the multiple obvious stab wounds on his back? I would think that may come up.

For all that happened in that episode they just move right on with no real mention of anything other than Fuches has the face wound still.

I guess by itself, as a one act thing, I get why it's good. But within the context of the story it just didn't make any sense IMO.

Anyway, I'll stop bitching. The show is still great and the last few episodes have been awesome. And as far as the little girl episode I did enjoy how the cop and the dude who was banging his wife died. That was funny as hell. That and there was a good bit at the end with Barry having the flashback to seeing Fuches when he got back from the war.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this was a thread about the King.

5403f79158236.image.jpg

Carry On

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The little girl thing was just way too cartoonish IMO, especially considering Barry fought her dad right before and it was a pretty realistic fight other than maybe the dude coming swinging in with the nun chucks for comedic effect. You go from that, and then all of a sudden there's 10 year old girl flying across the room, climbing up trees and perching on a roof for 5 hours like a gargoyle, chasing down and jumping on cars, and then just.....biting a guy and......staying there with her teeth in his face? I don't know man. The girls movements didn't even look realistic. It was like one of the zombies from I am Legend.

Not to mention the whole deal of Barry getting stabbed a shit ton and bleeding all over that guy's house. Pretty sure the little girl is going to tell the cops about that and they're going to figure out there was another dude they need to be looking for. Shouldn't this open up an investigation like the one in season 1? They made sure it mattered that Fuches lost his tooth in that garage at the crime scene, but there's all that blood and a witness and they just moved right past it?

How is Barry going to explain to Sally the multiple obvious stab wounds on his back? I would think that may come up.

For all that happened in that episode they just move right on with no real mention of anything other than Fuches has the face wound still.

I guess by itself, as a one act thing, I get why it's good. But within the context of the story it just didn't make any sense IMO.

Anyway, I'll stop bitching. The show is still great and the last few episodes have been awesome. And as far as the little girl episode I did enjoy how the cop and the dude who was banging his wife died. That was funny as hell. That and there was a good bit at the end with Barry having the flashback to seeing Fuches when he got back from the war.

I am with you on the girl. The part with the dad was just so good though. The build up to that first fight was fantastic I thought. I also loved the showdown in the store.

Either way, it seems it was a 1 off type of episode. This last one was back to the norm and was one of my favorite so far.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The episode with the little karate girl was absolutely out of place and really god damn stupid. Ending was funny and pretty solid though. Other than that every episode has been great.

Yeah, I didn't get the point of all of that nonsense either. But it is a great show.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“If I suck balls... you are the king of suck balls mountain!”

One of the best lines ever!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really leaving us hanging for a while now

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“If I suck balls... you are the king of suck balls mountain!”

One of the best lines ever!

Improvised as well apparently, the original line was "my guys are shit"/"shit mountain". Great decision.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I still have a couple episodes left

but I hope someday they do a NoHo Hank spinoff

watched the episode with the accordion guy and after they had Hader talking about how he can't do a scene with Carrigan without laughing. He has to keep turning away from the camera

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show is so fucking good

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been so long since since the previous season, I hardly remember anything about the show.

I remember thinking it was alright, but not OMG. I am not certain a rewatch is worth it to get back up to speed for S3…