• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bananna Bread

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made 2 loaves last night with the intention to freeze them and use them for breakfast next week.

That plan worked right up until I took them out of the oven and smelled how delicious they were.

Possibly the best things I have ever baked and there is no longer any evidence left.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought bananas last week to get ready to make some bread this weekend. Can't wait.

But I'll eat bacon on the side and make my wife slice and serve the bread to me, to make it manly again.

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
banana bread is the bomb .. wifey puts pecans or walnuts in it too

walnuts are awesome in bananna bread

I have a gas oven and I have to pay close attention to the last 15 minutes of baking otherwise the bottom will burn.

There are about 15 more bananas in the kitchen that are just waiting to ripen out and make another couple loaves.

Thinking about cooking up some bacon then putting that in the batter, after reading fordmans post.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
walnuts are awesome in bananna bread

I have a gas oven and I have to pay close attention to the last 15 minutes of baking otherwise the bottom will burn.

There are about 15 more bananas in the kitchen that are just waiting to ripen out and make another couple loaves.

Thinking about cooking up some bacon then putting that in the batter, after reading fordmans post.

hmmmm bacon ... bacon makes everything better

GreenNickle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Made 2 more loaves and a 3rd in a square cake pan

my son tried some last night around 9 PM
at 2 AM I woke up to find the remainder still on his plate uneaten

The Banana bread was still moist and delicious

DUB

Once A Champ, Always A Champ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True story, a month ago I'm set to go on a fishing trip and ask the wife "Hey can you make us some banana Bread?"

Of course she made it with no hesitant but when I cut a slice before the drive I notice "Hey no nuts in this!" I have always assumed nuts go in the bread.

Sooo my cousin gets in cuts a slice and says the exact same thing as me "no nuts!?!"

I call my wife and tread oh so slightly only to have her say "Listen! you said banana bread, you want banana nut bread then say so!!" hahahah Lesson learn spell it out.

-DUB-

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True story, a month ago I'm set to go on a fishing trip and ask the wife "Hey can you make us some banana Bread?"

Of course she made it with no hesitant but when I cut a slice before the drive I notice "Hey no nuts in this!" I have always assumed nuts go in the bread.

Sooo my cousin gets in cuts a slice and says the exact same thing as me "no nuts!?!"

I call my wife and tread oh so slightly only to have her say "Listen! you said banana bread, you want banana nut bread then say so!!" hahahah Lesson learn spell it out.

-DUB-

:doh:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got at least 3 baggies of 3 over-rippened bananas in the freezer. I think I'll make a loaf today.

Banana bread is as good as can be for how simple and quick to make.