• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baker criticizes Giants pick of Jones

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least he's not a running type QB. In 14 games played last year he only ran 39 times.

While it probably comes off like that, I'm not suggesting he's a running QB. With all this unnecessary chatter, somebody is going to want to give him something to chatter about.

I'll say it like this...if a vet DL has a free shot at Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, or Drew Brees...they may give the hit a 7 on a scale of 10. If it's Cam Newton with all of his superman antics, etc...I think they're going to go full bore 10 of 10...they want to take him out if they can.

If Baker continues with this chatter...he could be moving into the same space that Newton occupies.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it probably comes off like that, I'm not suggesting he's a running QB. With all this unnecessary chatter, somebody is going to want to give him something to chatter about.

I'll say it like this...if a vet DL has a free shot at Tom Brady, Russell Wilson, or Drew Brees...they may give the hit a 7 on a scale of 10. If it's Cam Newton with all of his superman antics, etc...I think they're going to go full bore 10 of 10...they want to take him out if they can.

If Baker continues with this chatter...he could be moving into the same space that Newton occupies.

while it probably come off like that :pound:

Of course he's not a running QB. 39 rushes in 14 games played doesn't equal a running QB.

Now Lamar Jackson (147 rushes in 16 games played / 7 starts) is a running QB.

And it kinda seems like you're hoping someone KO's Mayfield. If so be careful there, karma can be a bitch.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey man its your "flashy" QB talking the smack.......

Personally I thought when he married that stripper that would take the diva stuff out of him, but apparently she's in control!

I can't get any overpaid loudmouth athletes to tone it down. I just hope this doesn't become a trend for him. No reason for him to run his mouth & put an even bigger target on his back on the field.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to like Baker so badly, but he makes it tough. He just can't STFU, doesn't know his place and still has some issues and maturing to do...
It's like Jalen Ramsey 2.0

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get any overpaid loudmouth athletes to tone it down. I just hope this doesn't become a trend for him. No reason for him to run his mouth & put an even bigger target on his back on the field.

yeah I think a vet might want to sit him down and kinda go over the rules of spouting off.
Don't get wrong, QB's with swagger are going to talk, but they need to pick and choose their topics....

Personally I didn't listen to what he said, its about the Giants so nobody reads or listens about them

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while it probably come off like that :pound:

Sorry. Can't take your comment seriously. And of course he's not a running QB. 39 rushes in 14 games played doesn't equal a running QB.

Now Lamar Jackson (147 rushes in 16 games played / 7 starts) is a running QB.

And it kinda seems like you're hoping someone KO's Mayfield. If so be careful there, karma can be a bitch.

I never said he was a running QB...matters little to me whether he is or not.

Nada...I've said this before, I'm happy to see what appears to be a revival in CLE. Not the best situation for PIT, but certainly makes for 2 more competitive games which I welcome. Would never wish any harm to any player. Just saying...a QB that runs his mouth like this kid is doing, it wouldn't shock me to see somebody take a shot at him.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nada...I've said this before, I'm happy to see what appears to be a revival in CLE. Not the best situation for PIT, but certainly makes for 2 more competitive games which I welcome. Would never wish any harm to any player. Just saying...a QB that runs his mouth like this kid is doing, it wouldn't shock me to see somebody take a shot at him.

Agreed.... Just like the example you gave above about Cam, some coach will use it as a little motivation talking to his defense to lay the kid out cause he can't stay out of others business....

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense struggles and they lose some games for a stretch who is the first one to attack and blame the other on the sidelines/in the media?

Baker or ODB Jr?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's setting himself up for an extra hurting. Which is think is stupid since it all could be avoided had he said nothing in the 1st place. I hope this public obnoxious side of him doesn't pop up again. But I wouldn't bet on it.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think Mayfield is working his way up to the best QB in the league, Wentz!

Clearly Baker doesn't like all the attention Wentz gets on sports boards on the interweb

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense struggles and they lose some games for a stretch who is the first one to attack and blame the other on the sidelines/in the media?

Baker or ODB Jr?

Gotta go w/ OBJ. More years of NFL trash-talking experience. But Bakers mouth is so big you couldn't shut him up if you shoved a football in it.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baker or ODB Jr?
depends.
Is ODB getting his stats & losing, or is he getting shut out of the offense?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker needs to know, I laughed when he was selected by Cleveland.

I do not regret that laugh.

TechRaiderRider

Wreck Em!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably similar to what they would've if he'd stayed at Texas Tech, lol.
baker should be thankin mahomes -
had patrick not come to tech,
baker probably would have stayed
and played with that shitty defense,
and not gotten his heisman -

wreck em!!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's setting himself up for an extra hurting. Which is think is stupid since it all could be avoided had he said nothing in the 1st place. I hope this public obnoxious side of him doesn't pop up again. But I wouldn't bet on it.

Exactly, that's all I'm saying, he's making the target on his back bigger.

As you well know..Ben was on a totally different level (Baker has been a saint in comparison)...it took the league sit him down for a minute...eventually somebody in the organization that he respected (maybe it was Dan Rooney himself, idk) sat him down and told him, that's not the way to longevity in this league.

To a lessor degree, the same thing needs to happen here...some of the vets have already started to push back on some of the things Mayfield has said and he's only trying to be a positive leader, I get that regarding comments made about Duke Johnson, but attacking another QB? WTF...don't quite understand that one at all.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as someone who originated from South Central L.A. that WOULD be giving him praise...

problem is he's softer mentally than a mound of whipped cream, so...

wiggy throwin' down da mooovz in da hood

MadeupValuableHornet-size_restricted.gif