• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bad News (Mesz content)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tweeters seem to believe eskin found out mesz has a herniated disk in his back, which would likely mean he's done for the season.

shit.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want solace though, homer says his condition is still the same.

fuck this hiding injury business.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found out I have 1 in my lower back. Big difference from what I do compared to playing hockey, but a round of steroids, and wow do I feel better. Which leads to the question regardign an oral steroid. Steroids are teh best anti-infalmatory out there. Would a player be able to take the perscription anti-inflammatory without getting suspended? I would what would happen with a steroid injection?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
props to the philly media (i gagged in the middle of this).. figured it out, and now the flyers have confirmed.. andrej goes under the knife on wednesday to remove a disc fragment from his lower back.. out 6-8 weeks, which takes us to the end of april through the middle of may..

lets make a deep run and get a big addition in the conference finals boys. i'm buckled up and ready for a wild ride.

LETS GO FLYERS!

/or maybe mesz goes TO and turns a 3 month injury into a 3 week injury? is he man enough?

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found out I have 1 in my lower back. Big difference from what I do compared to playing hockey, but a round of steroids, and wow do I feel better. Which leads to the question regardign an oral steroid. Steroids are teh best anti-infalmatory out there. Would a player be able to take the perscription anti-inflammatory without getting suspended? I would what would happen with a steroid injection?

i'm pretty sure that kind of stuff is ok.. that's what they have to do with eye injuries isn't it?

i do love google: Steroids - Steroids in Sports

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm 95% sure a steroid to treat an injury is allowed if prescribed by a medical professional and then the correct paper work is submitted to the league. You have to assume that most of these guys have those things on a semi-regular basis with the high amount of physicality in the game today and it would no sense for the league to penalize a player for doing everything in their power to get healthy as fast as possible.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly I am more worried about us finding out a similar fate for Kubina

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite frankly I am more worried about us finding out a similar fate for Kubina

i think they upgraded his status from out indefinitely to day-to-day today.. or was he already day-to-day?

plus he's been skating..

as long as its not another case a fluknesurgoncussionitis i think we should be ok.. i really do hate that.

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a good thing Homer picked up 2.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't mind me...ignore the name...just here for medical stuff:

Steriods have a bad rap these days. Performance enhancing drugs and steriods are separate medications. Of course many things fall into the "PED" category (a big one in the NHL is Claritin because it helps goalies focus and increases reaction time), but a steroid for the use of anti-inflammatory or for other medicinal uses are completely legal because they serve no benefit other than healing of that injury. Anabolic steroids are to help build muscle mass. BIG difference. It's funny because so many athletes who I've seen prescribed an oral steroid freak out (...or get excited) because they just assume it means they'll beef up.

And that's today's medical lesson.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge fucking blow. Manning has looked good so far. Just hope Kimmo can survive a run. You know he will be a target. Who would get the call first? Bordon?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge fucking blow. Manning has looked good so far. Just hope Kimmo can survive a run. You know he will be a target. Who would get the call first? Bordon?

gotta hope the crew can stay healthy.. and kubina/lilja can get healthy (btw, i wonder if anyone has had 13 dmen play for them in the same season?)

players who have suited up on defense for the flyers this season:

timonen
coburn
carle
mesz
kubina
grossmann
gustaffson
bourdon
manning
marshall
lilja
walker
pronger

that's absurd.

gotta think if/when lilja and mesz come back they'll be in the lineup.. then itll go.. gust, bourdon, manning.. that's my guess.. i bet bourdon would've come up last time if he were healthy.

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good post 66.
As for the steroids that you might take for a back problem, it is 100% legal, and would not provide the same aid as Jose Canseco steroids as 66 says. However, any disc problem in the back can be much much more debilitating from person to person. Additionally, some people respond better or worse to treatment. Kind of like different allergy medicines may work better than others for you.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
my issue with this whole thing is the same thing that i always have issues with regarding the flyers medical staff...

Mesz last played March 1st, if it was looking like he 80% needed surgery get the surgery then. At that point he comes back a week in the playoffs, not the end of April.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear ya D, but the thing with back is that doctors are very hesitant to jump right into a surgery. I had a blown disc degenerate to the point that they had no choice but to operate and even then I was sent through every treatment known to man before they would schedule the surgery.

Yes, my surgery was a total success and my back is more sound than I could have ever imagined, but....yeah....they really put you through the ringer before they cut into you.

Sure, it would have been great if they would have done it earlier, but... :(

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I hear ya D, but the thing with back is that doctors are very hesitant to jump right into a surgery. I had a blown disc degenerate to the point that they had no choice but to operate and even then I was sent through every treatment known to man before they would schedule the surgery.

Yes, my surgery was a total success and my back is more sound than I could have ever imagined, but....yeah....they really put you through the ringer before they cut into you.

yeah...my mom works at a spine center at a local hospital here and said the same thing. still i wish he had it earlier ha.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I hear ya man.. Would have really liked to see our full squad for this years playoffs.. :L

chy1127

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is where I am headed. Wont even consider therapy yet. Just woke up one morning and could not move. Next up the steroid injection. Pain meds not doing much. Could not imagine trying to play a sport like this.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is where I am headed. Wont even consider therapy yet. Just woke up one morning and could not move. Next up the steroid injection. Pain meds not doing much. Could not imagine trying to play a sport like this.

Ugh... Damn Chip, sorry to hear that. :(

Injections are wild. They sit you on the side of the table, lean you forward where you are off balance against a nurses/doctors chest, then they hit 3-4 spots with a pretty nice sized needle. No...it doesn't hurt all that much, but the way they do it puts a person off a bit.

Expect to bleed, so wear the old drawers.. haha

Best of luck with whatever happens Chip.