• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Backup QB

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff.
He's been on good behavior with the Colts. He is also better than Brissett. Our QB position doesn't look good for next year. Chad may get a shot to earn the starter role.

He was on good behavior with the Broncos for a bit too. I hope he has learned his lesson as I'll always believe in giving people multiple chances to better themselves as we all fail and fail many times in life. And if he is your starter then I think he can do ok. I don't ever see a top-10 QB by any means but as a bridge QB to the next starter I could see him working out for a year of keeping the team competitive.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Allen can do it with coaching. I think his problems are mental problems, and I think he has more arm talent than he has shown, and I think with some work they can get that out of him.

I guess agree to disagree on this one. Just watching him in that Buffalo game struggle to throw it any further than 15 yards with a little bit of bad weather just makes me think he is a terrible fit with Denver. I just have other QB's I like a lot more to serve as a true backup.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want money spent on the team, not a backup, draft a backup if the new OC believe he is not on the team

80 million goes nowhere in the NFL Free agency anymore. MLBers and S's were a dime a dozen, not all that long ago.

Ficken centers and Guards were cheap as hell also.

Back up QB is not worth much to me most of them lose

Spend money on impact only.

I like our players I don't get the grass is always greener idea what so ever most times.

Draft and take care of our own.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Case Keenum isn’t vying for a starting role somewhere bring him back. Despite the Broncos going 6-10 under Keenum starting I don’t consider him the weakness: it was VJ and Musgraves making sure they scuttled Keenum’s greatest strengths. I’ve never seen a staff so hell bent on not playing to what a player does well.

if Keenum isn’t an option then keep Allen. I don’t want to see a lot of money tied to this position. Maybe Rypien will have made enough strides to earn a look too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was on good behavior with the Broncos for a bit too. I hope he has learned his lesson as I'll always believe in giving people multiple chances to better themselves as we all fail and fail many times in life. And if he is your starter then I think he can do ok. I don't ever see a top-10 QB by any means but as a bridge QB to the next starter I could see him working out for a year of keeping the team competitive.

With Kelly I don't think it is a matter of good behavior - more than staying on his prescription drugs.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Case Keenum isn’t vying for a starting role somewhere bring him back. Despite the Broncos going 6-10 under Keenum starting I don’t consider him the weakness: it was VJ and Musgraves making sure they scuttled Keenum’s greatest strengths. I’ve never seen a staff so hell bent on not playing to what a player does well.

if Keenum isn’t an option then keep Allen. I don’t want to see a lot of money tied to this position. Maybe Rypien will have made enough strides to earn a look too.

Rypien got one time to play and he was great. IMO we hid him.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Kelly I don't think it is a matter of good behavior - more than staying on his prescription drugs.

Please explain a little more .thank you

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain a little more .thank you

I don't have any personal knowledge of this kid, but his behavior is sometimes so aberrant - it does not appear to me to be a matter of choice. I have a nephew who is bipolar - bipolar people feel like they are slowed down by the medication they take - which is true. So they go off the medication and in a manic stage do weird things.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And that is never easy. My wife is a counselor and I don't know how many times her clients think they are getting better so decide they can be off meds to only come crashing down and realize the only reason they were doing good was the drugs.

I can't say much as I am lactose intolerant and at least every few months I decide it is better and have a glass of milk only to realize that was a huge mistake.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have a problem to deal with the thing is QB like this is a hard thing to rely on when you get what a NFL team spends each year to try and win an SB

KC spent 50 years to win an SB for hell sakes

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all have a problem to deal with the thing is QB like this is a hard thing to rely on when you get what a NFL team spends each year to try and win an SB

KC spent 50 years to win an SB for hell sakes

the good news is we’re now having this conversation about our backup QB. Lock has a lot to prove still, but nobody can deny we saw more from him than any QB over any 5 game stretch since Manning. And that’s as a rookie on a team playing a lot of backups.

def looking forward to see how he looks under the new OC and QB coach.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the good news is we’re now having this conversation about our backup QB. Lock has a lot to prove still, but nobody can deny we saw more from him than any QB over any 5 game stretch since Manning. And that’s as a rookie on a team playing a lot of backups.

Since Griese as a rookie. After that, his shoulder was shredded and not worth a crap. He was never going to be like Lock what so ever he might have been our Montana

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lock is like jeff Gorge with a fire to win and succeed. Lock has very little limitations on his game but he is an NFL QB brain-wise as well. You want a little tabasco in their personality.

I do wish we would of drafted him in the first round. that extra year would have been nice oh well it is what it is.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am over joyed to find myself agreeing with you on a QB. Now if @Draft Crazy and I start agreeing on kickers - the cosmic omens will be off the charts.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Griese as a rookie. After that, his shoulder was shredded and not worth a crap. He was never going to be like Lock what so ever he might have been our Montana

He kept Tom Brady on the bench in Michigan - and to this day holds the Bronco's record for completion percentage on the season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He kept Tom Brady on the bench in Michigan - and to this day holds the Bronco's record for completion percentage on the season.

I always wonder if injuries didn't derail his career what he could have been. At his peak he was a quality starter in the league. Heck 2004 when he completed over 69% of his passes he finished in many categories as a top-6 QB in the league.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am glad when he does Broncos games.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess agree to disagree on this one. Just watching him in that Buffalo game struggle to throw it any further than 15 yards with a little bit of bad weather just makes me think he is a terrible fit with Denver. I just have other QB's I like a lot more to serve as a true backup.

Sure. Maybe we'll find out this next season. Maybe it'll be irrelevant because the Broncos have already decided to move on from the guy, I have no idea at this point. However it works out I just want them to find a guy that can run an Offense (in a pinch) that is built around Lock and I don't want them to use a lot of resources to do it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never want to go with an inexperienced back up with a young starter.

Football101

I doubt Rypien is our #2 QB next year.