• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Backup QB

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you guys stand on the backup QB? Should we sign a veteran QB? Roll with they young guys we have?

I am torn here as I see the benefit of a veteran to help Drew along the way, but yet I don't know that I want to see us pay a lot for one as I hope to resign some of our own FAs. Would you be comfortable with Brandon Allen being the #2 going into next year? If we decide to bring someone to be the backup, who do you like? Here are some options:
Chad Henne
Chase Daniel
Drew Stanton
A.J. McCarron
Case Keenum

I know Case was not a popular guy around here, but as the backup behind Lock he could be good. Let's not forget he really likes Shurmur and if he has to start Shurmur knows how to get the most out of him.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where do you guys stand on the backup QB? Should we sign a veteran QB? Roll with they young guys we have?

I am torn here as I see the benefit of a veteran to help Drew along the way, but yet I don't know that I want to see us pay a lot for one as I hope to resign some of our own FAs. Would you be comfortable with Brandon Allen being the #2 going into next year? If we decide to bring someone to be the backup, who do you like? Here are some options:
Chad Henne
Chase Daniel
Drew Stanton
A.J. McCarron
Case Keenum

I know Case was not a popular guy around here, but as the backup behind Lock he could be good. Let's not forget he really likes Shurmur and if he has to start Shurmur knows how to get the most out of him.
Definitely good points about Shurmur

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roll with our young players. Rypien was hidden after he won a game in the last seconds of a game .

Allen has shown he Serviceable for several weeks.

Case Keenum will be a Viking I bet. He will cost some bucks to get and I would rather get an average DE than an average Back up QB

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Daniel or Colt McCoy would be my choices right now. McCoy has experience with Shurmur and played some of his best football under him. He wouldnt' be expensive.

I also don't view Allen as a serviceable backup. He had one good game with some outstanding efforts from the playmakers but the others he was down right terrible.

Rypien I just don't see him as a great fit behind Lock. I watched him at training camp last year and boy oh boy was he bad. Every throw was waiting for a receiving to break open but by the time he actually threw it things were too late. He doesn't have the arm talent to wait.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The QB needs to be someone who can win games but also continue to show Lock what it takes to be a professional QB in the NFL. As Josh McCown type needs to be in the room as a 2nd or 3rd.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Shula develop Allen as the #2QB as well as bringing Rypien along on the Practice Squad as the presumptive #3QB. QB is not a position that the team should be spending resources on right now. Fix our shitty O-Line. Find a CB or two. Figure out if we have six WR's that actually belong on an NFL roster. Decide which RB's are going to remain Broncos for the next few years.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Daniel or Colt McCoy would be my choices right now. McCoy has experience with Shurmur and played some of his best football under him. He wouldnt' be expensive.

I also don't view Allen as a serviceable backup. He had one good game with some outstanding efforts from the playmakers but the others he was down right terrible.

Rypien I just don't see him as a great fit behind Lock. I watched him at training camp last year and boy oh boy was he bad. Every throw was waiting for a receiving to break open but by the time he actually threw it things were too late. He doesn't have the arm talent to wait.

I think Allen can do it with coaching. I think his problems are mental problems, and I think he has more arm talent than he has shown, and I think with some work they can get that out of him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen gaining that little bit of starting experience was huge for him weather he is our backup or not. Hard to get a good starting QB let alone a good backup. If anything starting a few games this year probably allows him to stick around the NFL as someone’s backup for awhile. Like Siemian gaining starting experience here, is valuable to his backup QB career. So many young QB’s in this league every year, teams are looking for backups with starting experience.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really related too much to this thread, but how about some insight.
Colts still have Chad Kelly. He really looked good last preseason. Hasn't done anything stupid while on the Colts.
What's the ceiling for Chad?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colts still have Chad Kelly. He really looked good last preseason. Hasn't done anything stupid while on the Colts.

I think he is a starter but do you want to see him with 30 million a year in his pockets?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is a starter but do you want to see him with 30 million a year in his pockets?
There is risk, but I think he could be good. I don't think there is much chance of him getting $30 million.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is risk, but I think he could be good. I don't think there is much chance of him getting $30 million.

If he wins that will be cheap money in say two years from now.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish him well @Myles I had a best friend like him and somehow he ended up as he did with the Broncos mumbling to someone where he did not belong late at night. there are people that self destruct no matter how hard they try. I wish him way better luck than my friend had in the end.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish him well @Myles I had a best friend like him and somehow he ended up as he did with the Broncos mumbling to someone where he did not belong late at night. there are people that self destruct no matter how hard they try. I wish him way better luck than my friend had in the end.
I think he was signed by the Colts as a favor from Reich to Kelly. However, looking at his college tape, he's got talent. He could beat out Brissett easily, I think if given the chance.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was signed by the Colts as a favor from Reich to Kelly. However, looking at his college tape, he's got talent. He could beat out Brissett easily, I think if given the chance.

He would win games All Broncos fans love him. The NFL is not to big for him but he will self destruct himself if history is any indicator. I hope he stays the right path because he is lucky to get two shots at the NFL

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would win games All Broncos fans love him. The NFL is not to big for him but he will self destruct himself if history is any indicator. I hope he stays the right path because he is lucky to get two shots at the NFL
I'm hoping he was humbled a bit and takes this "last chance" seriously. So far so good.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you are right he is fun to watch play.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing we found a QB again that is fun to watch and has the same fire as Chad or I might be a tad jealous.

It is so nice to have a QB with fire in his belly to win!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say he is a tough one to value. I don't think he has high quality starter ability so career backup would be my best guess but even there why would a team want to keep him as a backup knowing there is a good chance he is going to do something stupid at some point.

To me he has yet to learn his lesson in life that he can't do whatever he wants and blame everyone else. His most recent incident with the Broncos of getting hammered at a party then breaking into someone's house he tried to blame on every one else at the party for not keeping an eye on him and how much he was drinking. I'm sorry but you are a grown man. Take responsibility.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say he is a tough one to value. I don't think he has high quality starter ability so career backup would be my best guess but even there why would a team want to keep him as a backup knowing there is a good chance he is going to do something stupid at some point.

To me he has yet to learn his lesson in life that he can't do whatever he wants and blame everyone else. His most recent incident with the Broncos of getting hammered at a party then breaking into someone's house he tried to blame on every one else at the party for not keeping an eye on him and how much he was drinking. I'm sorry but you are a grown man. Take responsibility.
Good stuff.
He's been on good behavior with the Colts. He is also better than Brissett. Our QB position doesn't look good for next year. Chad may get a shot to earn the starter role.