• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Awaz's Stars and Overall Review of Game 2

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT was a preseason game.. basically the exact opposite of last night.. instead of almost everyone being listed as a star, only a few stood out tonight

1. Voracek - not even close, he was the best player on the ice for either team.. VERY excited about him.. he was impossible to steal the puck from and basically passed the puck wherever he felt like

2. Voracek's buffer between the other players

3. Talbot - grr.. almost puked when they showed him donning the jersey in the opening.. he did.. play.. well.. though.. good work taking the body, and looked real good on the PK

4. Nodl - i thought he played very well too.. very aggressive on the forecheck and shot at will.. definitely another positive on the night

5. Hyka - showed some good pop on his goal, drew a penalty or 2.. looked pretty good out there

6. Shelley - gotta recognize shelley for being in mid season form, almost 4 times as many penalty minutes as minutes played.. i gotta say i'm impressed

7. Read - noticeable again, unfortunately he struggled to keep control of the puck

8. the posts - very active tonight, i think there were 4 or 5 times shots hit the post

couple other reviews.. i think bryz was meh.. the goals weren't super soft, but 2 of them probably could've been stopped.. looked like a preseason game for a goalie

giroux, looked pretty good as well.. pretty standard game from him.. good passing, through the body a bit.. looked good defensively

briere looked like briere.. nothing stand out though

this one was definitely a few steps behind the last night, they just didn't have the jump that the team did last night.. i think the first shift set the tone in both games.. great first shift last night for schenn, wellwood, and simmonds.. tonight, i think the leafs hit the post on the first shift

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz's first goal was ass, and unacceptable.

The 2nd was a knuckleball.

3rd, good fucking luck getting your eyes on that.

4th, where the fuck was he?!?!?!?!

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryz's first goal was ass, and unacceptable.

The 2nd was a knuckleball.

3rd, good fucking luck getting your eyes on that.

4th, where the fuck was he?!?!?!?!

oh i assumed the 4th was an empty netter.. my dvr stopped recording right after the flyers 2nd goal.. or could it have been an empty netter, hence him not being there.. is this twice i got fooled by sarcasm today?

i did forget to mention schenn in my first post, he played well again tonight.. he's really solid on the boards and as expected, he's was good again in the d zone

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an empty netter :D

Voracek impressed me the most tonight, and I really like him with Briere after all. The kid has some nice moves in him.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved it when Talbot went after the guy who hit shenn. stood up for his young teammate. Good JOB.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some decent talent won't make the team this year. I like Hyka from the rookie game. shenn and even Courtier hasve looked good. I like read, tetwuide and Kessel.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an empty netter :D

Voracek impressed me the most tonight, and I really like him with Briere after all. The kid has some nice moves in him.

ya they did look good together.. nodl looked good on that line too, i thought that was the only line that consistently looked good

forgot to mention hartnell too.. he's also in mid season form, doing nothing useful. he better pick up his game or simmonds is going to take his spot in the top 6 and on the PP

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
voracek has really impressed me through these two games. i feel like hes going to surprise a lot of people and have a breakout year..like 65 points. lets hope. hes super talented and reminds me somewhat of a zherdev/leino combination in terms of his moves and skills

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed Voracek easily takes Leino's spot plus he's a bigger version....he's looking GREAT!

Simmonds so far playing the perfect role for this team...speed, hitting, grit and he goes to the net.

Schenn doesn't look out of place at all he just needs to play and get in a groove.

Couturier is a wild card he's bigger than I thought has a nice reach its not a question of how good he'll be its just when will it happen. : )

Gusty looked solid out there and shows some offense he may make this team.

I like the idea of having a heavyweight in town but Shelley's not showing enough but stupid penalties....he basically lost the game on his own tonight with the stupidity. I'd rather have a player that can contribute on the 4th line and toss a few if needed. Carcillo would have been a better option on the 4th line IMO.

Not sure about Nodl he does some good things but still seems weak on the puck even though Couturier is young I think he'd bring more to the team right now. Maybe the kid starts in the AHL to season and bring him up when he deserves it?

Bryz will be fine he covers so much of the net you have to love it...very calm in there nice to see some of that attitude rub off on Bob. What a tandem!

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed Voracek easily takes Leino's spot plus he's a bigger version....he's looking GREAT!

Simmonds so far playing the perfect role for this team...speed, hitting, grit and he goes to the net.

Schenn doesn't look out of place at all he just needs to play and get in a groove.

Couturier is a wild card he's bigger than I thought has a nice reach its not a question of how good he'll be its just when will it happen. : )

Gusty looked solid out there and shows some offense he may make this team.

I like the idea of having a heavyweight in town but Shelley's not showing enough but stupid penalties....he basically lost the game on his own tonight with the stupidity. I'd rather have a player that can contribute on the 4th line and toss a few if needed. Carcillo would have been a better option on the 4th line IMO.

Not sure about Nodl he does some good things but still seems weak on the puck even though Couturier is young I think he'd bring more to the team right now. Maybe the kid starts in the AHL to season and bring him up when he deserves it?

Bryz will be fine he covers so much of the net you have to love it...very calm in there nice to see some of that attitude rub off on Bob. What a tandem!

unfortunately, due to couturier's age, he either plays in juniors or the nhl..he's not ahl eligible this season. it sucks because i think the perfect place for him right now is the ahl. in juniors he will just dominate and not develop. in the nhl he's not quite ready to contribute and needs to beef up a bit. at the ahl he can really develop and get used to the grind of playing more games.

also..agreed about voracek and simmonds..from the little i see i really really like what these guys bring. voracek is going to have a great season if he keeps up this play. simmonds is also going to bring energy and work ethic to the team.

all in all, i feel that voracek's going to bring way more to the table than carter, so i think that trade will definitely work in our favor. i don't think carter's offense will be missed if voracek plays well. also, simmonds hard nosed style can help replace richie's hard nosed style. and what i like is these guys are young and hungry and will shoot life into the team because richie and carter got too comfortable at times. im really excited to see this team fully together. i think they have lots of potential.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unfortunately, due to couturier's age, he either plays in juniors or the nhl..he's not ahl eligible this season. it sucks because i think the perfect place for him right now is the ahl. in juniors he will just dominate and not develop. in the nhl he's not quite ready to contribute and needs to beef up a bit. at the ahl he can really develop and get used to the grind of playing more games.

also..agreed about voracek and simmonds..from the little i see i really really like what these guys bring. voracek is going to have a great season if he keeps up this play. simmonds is also going to bring energy and work ethic to the team.

all in all, i feel that voracek's going to bring way more to the table than carter, so i think that trade will definitely work in our favor. i don't think carter's offense will be missed if voracek plays well. also, simmonds hard nosed style can help replace richie's hard nosed style. and what i like is these guys are young and hungry and will shoot life into the team because richie and carter got too comfortable at times. im really excited to see this team fully together. i think they have lots of potential.

Good point Woot didn't realize they couldn't play Couturier in the AHL what kind of idiotic rule is that? Guess they're trying to keep the junior teams happy.

I don't think Voracek or Simmonds will have to live up to Carts and Richie but I agree that they will mirror some of their atributes but they'll provide more energy and speed. Loved the speed in the first preseason game. I've said it before I'm not worried about Carts regular season goals they'll find a way to make those up and when its playoff time it won't be hard to surpass his pathetic efforts!!!! Yes I'm still pissed at him injured or not! : )

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what people tend to forget is that when we went to the stanley cup finals 2 years ago..it was essentially without carter. he missed half those games and the games he played in he scored empty netters or was playing on half a leg. carter was never essential to this team and won't be missed. i always felt this team was actually better without him the past 2 years. that's why im excited about this team, because i feel we will have guys that will contribute more intangibles towards our success..more than carter did

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what people tend to forget is that when we went to the stanley cup finals 2 years ago..it was essentially without carter. he missed half those games and the games he played in he scored empty netters or was playing on half a leg. carter was never essential to this team and won't be missed. i always felt this team was actually better without him the past 2 years. that's why im excited about this team, because i feel we will have guys that will contribute more intangibles towards our success..more than carter did

Yeah because with Carts the team relied on some goals from him and when he underproduced it was a let down. I'd rather have a bunch of guys that all chip in and in the end overproduce. Tough to stop teams like that. Carts looked like he was in a daze when it came to playoffs he's perfect in Columbus...they won't be in the show anyway.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah because with Carts the team relied on some goals from him and when he underproduced it was a let down. I'd rather have a bunch of guys that all chip in and in the end overproduce. Tough to stop teams like that. Carts looked like he was in a daze when it came to playoffs he's perfect in Columbus...they won't be in the show anyway.

i feel like this team is very similar to the boston bruins. a more team effort on offense, a very strong defense, and a stud in net. aside from briere, giroux, JVR, and possibly jagr, theres no real "stars" on offense and i think they will actually score more by the communal offense

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm biased but I honestly believe they have more offense than the B's and that their D is slightly better when Prongers healthy. I can't see TT doing what he did last year...odds are he has some injury problems this year too. Tough to repeat for the B's but yes the Flyers are similar in the style they'll play. Jagr will surprise everyone this year...mainly on the PP which is definitely needed.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed half of the game, but from what I seen the standout star of the night was Voracek. Man...is that kid tough on the puck or what?? My only knock on him is his Z-like way of passing (meaning - since he doesn't look up, nobody knows who the puck might be passed to or the right position to be in if he does pass, so his linemates just glide along aimlessly) I don't know if I'm ready to say he'll put up 60-65 pts yet, but I've been wrong a thousand times before and would love to be proven wrong again on this.

Everyone else -- no rating. (Preseason rust)

...and could someone please explain to me why Shelley is still around wasting a roster spot??

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely foresee suspension for his dumb ass.

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morning Tox,it was nice to have hockey back around for a change!!!
tt02.gif