• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Awards

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe there was a thread some time ago about candidates for MVP and other awards, but i couldn't find it on my quick and lazy search. Now that the regular season is over who do you think will win the awards?

MVP - Adrian Peterson/Peyton

I think today AD may have clinched it. There is no way the Vikings would have won that game if it wasn't for him. Not to mention all the other fantastic performances he has had this season. Peyton is a close 2nd for me, and i wouldn't be opposed to having a Co-MVP once again for the both of them.

It's a very strange situation this year in which AD and Peyton are my top contenders for MVP, Offensive Player of the Year, and Come back player of the Year.

Come Back Player Of The Year - Adrian Peterson

It's really a no brainer. To come back from that injury he had and to come within 9 yards of beating the NFL record for rushing yards is quite an accomplishment. Peyton also had a great year, but i find AD's more impressive.

Defensive Player Of The Year - JJ Watt

Really, to be a 3-4 DE and lead the league in sacks is quite remarkable. Justin Smith has shows his value recently. Aldon couldn't even get a sack without Smith in the game and our Defense looks completely different without him.

Coach Of The Year - Mike Smith

I'm not sure how much he contributed to the over all success of the Falcons because they have a lot of talent and very good Offensive and Defensive Coordinators. However, they have been the most consistent team this year and really surprised a lot of people. Leslie Frazier, Gary Kubiac, and John Fox also have to be contenders. I would say Chuck Pegano, but maybe Polian should have some consideration for the outstanding job he did while Chuck was out.

Offensive Rookie Of The Year - Andrew Luck

There have been more outstanding rookie performances this year then I've ever seen. RGIII, Andrew Luck, Alfred Morris, Matt Kalil, Doug Martin, Trent Richardson, ect. Any one of them could win it, but i think Andrew Luck has really come into the worst situation and made the most of it. I was calling the Colts to make the playoffs at the beginning of the year and I'm glad it came true.

Matt Kalil is really a guy who has not been mentioned, but i really think he deserves a lot of credit for how well he's played this year.

Defensive Rookie Of The Year - Luke Kuechly

This one is tough, because there weren't a whole lot of Defensive rookies who really impressed me other than Kuechly (who lead the league in tackles) and Harrison Smith. Harrison got into some trouble at one point for pushing a ref, but to come into the league your first season and to lead the league in tackles is impressive, but i could be swayed on this one considering I'm sure I've over looked some players.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck a Co-MVP. Peyton already has so many, and a Super Bowl Championship. That motherfucker has already been to the mountain top.

THIS IS A QUARTERBACK LEAGUE

Do you disagree? No? Then what Adrian Peterson has done should blow your fucking mind... the rules aren't set up for a RB to run for 2000 yards every year, in the same way they are set up for any decent QB to throw for 4000 yards.

Peyton has only done what this pussy ass NFL has set him up to do, succeed.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i can't see how AP doesn't end up being the clear cut choice over manning. both are amazing comeback stories but AP just dominated.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck a Co-MVP. Peyton already has so many, and a Super Bowl Championship. That motherfucker has already been to the mountain top.

Do you disagree? No? Then what Adrian Peterson has done should blow your fucking mind... the rules aren't set up for a RB to run for 2000 yards every year, in the same way they are set up for any decent QB to throw for 4000 yards.

pretty much how i feel. manning returning to top form is cool and all, but AP had one of the best season his position has ever seen after a major injury to his leg and was everything to his team.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty much how i feel. manning returning to top form is cool and all, but AP had one of the best season his position has ever seen after a major injury to his leg and was everything to his team.

If I could somehow guarantee victory, I wish they had not run the clock down and kicked - give it to AP and win with the record or get it in OT. But of course, take the win when you can, which they did.

Just random - Peterson did not have enough negative yards to pull him from the record. In other words, even if he got rid of all his negative yard runs this game, he'd still be 1 yard short of the record. That and turn one of those into one yard gains, he gets it. I know, impossible - but I saw a few one-yarders and two two-yarders and assumed (since I didn't see the whole game) that he lost more that way throughout the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly don't get it... people seem to be genuinely surprised that a QB with Manning's ability had a good year.

In this NFL, where every fucking rule is set up to make a QB with his ability do well. They are seriously like... "OMG, a HOF QB before his neck injury still had a HOF year with a team that carried Tebow to the playoffs... what is happening?!?!?! this is amazing... MVP #5!!!!"

It's like I'm the mayor of fucking crazy town. Reliving the disgust of 1997

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could somehow guarantee victory, I wish they had not run the clock down and kicked - give it to AP and win with the record or get it in OT. But of course, take the win when you can, which they did.

Just random - Peterson did not have enough negative yards to pull him from the record. In other words, even if he got rid of all his negative yard runs this game, he'd still be 1 yard short of the record. That and turn one of those into one yard gains, he gets it. I know, impossible - but I saw a few one-yarders and two two-yarders and assumed (since I didn't see the whole game) that he lost more that way throughout the game.

even more impressive.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see the need to diminish Manning's impressive comeback and performance (was it 3 or 4 neck surgeries?) to say that AP has been the best and should sweep all relevant awards. He's beyond belief.

As far as coach of the year, that's the only one I'd really disagree on, Falcons had the easiest schedule in the league and got a few wins purely on opposition mistakes. Hate to say it but I'd give it to Carroll.......and I'd certainly be considering Russell Wilson for ROY.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is why I said Adrian probably clinched it after this week. What you are talking about defines offensive player of the year. Peyton did lead the broncos to the number one seed and the Vikings barely made the playoffs. Adrian had an incredible year, which is why he should be OPOTY.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I said Adrian probably clinched it after this week. What you are talking about defines offensive player of the year. Peyton did lead the broncos to the number one seed and the Vikings barely made the playoffs. Adrian had an incredible year, which is why he should be OPOTY.

Adrian didn't clinch shit because everyone is jacking off about Peyton's return from injury. AP is lucky if he even wins comeback player of the year, even though I 100% want AP to win MVP.

The only people referencing AP as MVP are (IMO) real footbal fans, and I don't think anyone on TV & in the media are real footbal "fans" (keyword: fans) because their job requires them to fake impartiality and only be interested in storylines that create media hype.

AP coming back from a destroyed knee (and not breaking Dickerson's record) is a far less interesting news story than Peyton's "Decision" to switch teams, with him then winning enough games to have the 1st seed in the AFC. This is why I hate the pandering in the MVP vote, just like I hate how no defensive player ever has a real chance at the Heisman.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
MVP- AP
Offensive POTY- AP
Defensive POTY- Watt
Offensive ROTY- Luck
Defensive ROTY- Kuechly
Comeback POTY- Manning
Coach of the year- Leslie Frazier

I picked Manning for comeback player of the year because AP didn't really miss an entire season but one game I believe so I don't think he should really qualify for that award.

Pagano would've been my pick for coach of the year but he wasn't with the team the entire season and you could argue BA was just as important if not more so to the Colts success this season. So gave it to Frazier instead because like the Colts nobody saw the Vikings making the playoffs and beating some top teams along the way to do so too boot. Plus Ponder was his QB so that has to count for something as well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the analysts point out the 4 surgeries as if he had four separate injuries - both when listing why he was a risk and now to marvel at his performance. Instead, he had one injury, which was major, and I think the first few were with the aim of minimal action. As it came later, they realized that they needed more invasive action (invasive's probably not the correct term.) I would focus on how major the injury was, not how many surgeries it took to fix the neck. If they had know how much it would take and he didn't have the goal of playing last year, they may have had more done earlier. Obviously one or more of the surgeries may have been reacting to how the healing was happening, s they couldn't know exactly how this would all go. After all, some said he was done, so obviously some were wrong on what to do. The lockout didn't help for getting care, though I assumed he just paid what he needed to.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian didn't clinch shit because everyone is jacking off about Peyton's return from injury. AP is lucky if he even wins comeback player of the year, even though I 100% want AP to win MVP.

The only people referencing AP as MVP are (IMO) real footbal fans, and I don't think anyone on TV & in the media are real footbal "fans" (keyword: fans) because their job requires them to fake impartiality and only be interested in storylines that create media hype.

AP coming back from a destroyed knee (and not breaking Dickerson's record) is a far less interesting news story than Peyton's "Decision" to switch teams, with him then winning enough games to have the 1st seed in the AFC. This is why I hate the pandering in the MVP vote, just like I hate how no defensive player ever has a real chance at the Heisman.

I've already pointed out why I think Adrian should win come back player of the year and OPOTY. I just think Peyton was a little more "Valuable" to his team. Adrian had by far the most impressive season for an offensive player.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already pointed out why I think Adrian should win come back player of the year and OPOTY. I just think Peyton was a little more "Valuable" to his team. Adrian had by far the most impressive season for an offensive player.

The broncos were a playoff team without him. The Vikes would be horrible without AP

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The broncos were a playoff team without him. The Vikes would be horrible without AP

Well if that's your standard, how would New England be with Ryan Mallett? How would GB with Graham Harrell at QB?

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Bruce Arians is coach of the year in my opinion. Russell Wilson ROY.

I don't think what Wilson did should be diminished but Wilson walked into a way better situation with an elite defense and running game while Luck had neither.

Wilson was really average for really the first half of the season and it was the defense and Lynch that kept them winning. Luck was the major reason the Colts are 11-5 and he had to carry them the entire season.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think what Wilson did should be diminished but Wilson walked into a way better situation with an elite defense and running game while Luck had neither.

Wilson was really average for really the first half of the season and it was the defense and Lynch that kept them winning. Luck was the major reason the Colts are 11-5 and he had to carry them the entire season.

I was gonna respond with something like this. Wilson had much better support in place. Luck was the overall #1 (which meant his team stunk!) and they are now in the playoffs.