• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Auction League

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow this was a wild ride. First the draft was stopped because the settings were for snake and not auction.
Also I had another draft going at the same time. Then of course I didn't follow my plan to not spend money fast and don't try jacking up cost on a player you won't want at that cost.:doh:

I ended up bidding $50.00 on Tyreek Hill just to hurry the process of bids starting low and ending high. Course they left him for me. Pretty much botched this draft and made a trade right after that I wasn't crazy about, but had to do. Traded Mixon for Golladay and Howard to help my WRs.

upload_2020-9-6_21-52-53.png

Not sure how I ended up without a kicker, but I'll fix that ASAP. I really love auction drafts, but I just have a hard time not spending early on. I usually wait until the top players are gone, but then I get desperate for quality players and the prices are still way high.:tsk:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could use some help.
I have yet to win a game in my auction league.
12 team standard
Was gonna pick up Alshon Jeffery.
But who do I cut?
Brandon Cooks is 67th among WR.
Marvin Jones is 51st.
Is Alshon worth it?

1601430854028.png

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffery just can't seem to stay healthy. I think i would hold onto Cooks and Jones.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks guys. I will take your advice.
But this fantasy team is dying a slow death.
I rank 11th in both points for and points against.

I disagree with previous... i would drop Jones for Jeffrey... Just as a flier... He is on your bench now anyway... why not take the guy with the higher and more consistent upside... If jeffrey plays, he will be that teams number one... Jones is not, and has shown his value does not INCREASE when Golladay is hurt... so it is not like he is even a WR handcuff for you...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with previous... i would drop Jones for Jeffrey... Just as a flier... He is on your bench now anyway... why not take the guy with the higher and more consistent upside... If jeffrey plays, he will be that teams number one... Jones is not, and has shown his value does not INCREASE when Golladay is hurt... so it is not like he is even a WR handcuff for you...

^^^This....

but geesh, only four bench spots?? How is the wire so depleted that you're looking at Alshon?

Seems like you should be looking to deal ... RB+WR for WR upgrade. (I'm sure you've inquired)
Marvin and Monty to a RB needy team?
DJ and Cooks?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^This....

but geesh, only four bench spots?? How is the wire so depleted that you're looking at Alshon?

Seems like you should be looking to deal ... RB+WR for WR upgrade. (I'm sure you've inquired)
Marvin and Monty to a RB needy team?
DJ and Cooks?
There are 5 bench spots, but the 5th spot is my backup QB Stafford.
I can float a few offers out, but this is not a trading league.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 5 bench spots, but the 5th spot is my backup QB Stafford.
I can float a few offers out, but this is not a trading league.

do you have to have a QB on your bench?? who is your starter?? and when is his bye?? are there decent QBs available on waivers now???

you may be able to afford temporarily dropping your QB now... Not saying you should or shouldn't... just want to understand the situation

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(do you have to have a QB on your bench?? who is your starter?? and when is his bye?? are there decent QBs available on waivers now???

you may be able to afford temporarily dropping your QB now... Not saying you should or shouldn't... just want to understand the situation
I have Goff (9) and Stafford (5).
Believe it or not, the QB have been picked over.
Carr, Bridgewater, Herbert, Rivers, Cousins, Mayfield are available.

Appreciate the help.
I was gonna cut Stafford, but he is actually ranked higher for week 4 than Goff.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'll cut Stafford and pick up Jeffery.
@MilkSpiller22 ... let me ask, what is your opinion of Russell Gage (ATL)? He got off to a real fast start but is basically their WR3. And with Hurst getting more involved, I can see him fighting for scraps some weeks.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'll cut Stafford and pick up Jeffery.
@MilkSpiller22 ... let me ask, what is your opinion of Russell Gage (ATL)? He got off to a real fast start but is basically their WR3. And with Hurst getting more involved, I can see him fighting for scraps some weeks.
i like him... love that offense... its a 400 pass yards per game offense, there is enough to spread around to 4 guys... but you are right, since he is WR3 he may be inconsistent week to week... but the upside is real... that offense is real...

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump:
Really torn here.
I see potential in all of these guys.
But now I have an issue since the TEN-PIT game is postponed.
I have the TEN DST.
Maybe I should drop Mixon? He has been a huge disappointment and will probably ride the bench anyway since I have Ekeler, DJohn, Monty and Hunt.
0-4 may be on the horizon.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got impatient.
Dropped the TEN DST and Stafford.
Picked up Alshon Jeffrey and the Jets DST.
Looks I will be streaming QB and DST from this point forward.
I can only hope that my RB and WR decide to show up (which they have not; at least, not collectively).

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got impatient.
Dropped the TEN DST and Stafford.
Picked up Alshon Jeffrey and the Jets DST.
Looks I will be streaming QB and DST from this point forward.
I can only hope that my RB and WR decide to show up (which they have not; at least, not collectively).

i think that was the right call

I've snapped up Gage everywhere I can, a damn shame he got hurt vs the bears last week with Julio sitting out. He's soaking up all the targets left over from Hooper, not Hurst. Hurst was an afterthought last week, outside of his 2yd TD catch. His long TD the week before was kinda flukey, I was high on Hurst in that role, but it looks to be taking a bit to materialize, and Gage is taking full advantage in the meantime.