• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Attendance this year....up or down?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Sox drew 1,608,817, which was their lowest since '99. Will it be lower or higher this year? What's everyone's take. Mine is I think an awful lot has to go right for the attendance to increase this year. And I don't feel an awful lot will go right, so my guess is it will be lower. BUT....that will also be the bottom, starting in 2020, the trend will angle upwards and hopefully rapidly so.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are hurting for season ticket holders. I had the Ozzie plan like 6-7 yrs ago and never got a call
About season tickets. They call me once every 2 weeks since December asking if I’m interesting. Not that it matters. Reinsdorf makes bank of his deal with the city. Reinsdorf's sweet deal at U.S. Cellular Field gets even sweeter

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was long removed from the Chicago area when Reinsdorf made the deal with the city to build the then new Comiskey Park right across the street. So I don't know too many of the details, but I heard he made out like a bandit, at least from an upfront in costs standpoint. If I recall, there were also some proposals to have a stadium out in the burbs. I was hoping he would take this route because I felt - and correctly at that - the Sox would always play second fiddle to the Cubs with both stadiums located in the city. I believe to this day that if the Sox had built out there in one of those suburban locales, we'd be discussing each year whether or not they would be drawing 3 million.