• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Atlanta's Missing and Murdered: The Lost Children

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a case that I don’t remember ever hearing about until it was featured on Mindhunter S2. I assume that was what made HBO run with this show.

It is a compelling story, but as someone who is not that familiar with the story coming in, it made me think of Making a Murderer in that it was a documentary with an absolute agenda in mind. The producers are trying to convince the viewer that Williams is innocent and the Klan killed the kids. They had constant play-by-play from Williams’ defense attorneys and the family of the kids (who seem to all believe that Williams had nothing to do with the murders), but only occasional sound bites from prosecutors and police who worked the case.

Don’t get me wrong. The case seems compelling that there were issues with Williams’ conviction. But the defense team would not be worth their salt if they couldn’t make that case, unopposed.

that said, it is a compelling series, and I recommend it. It is odd that I don’t remember ever hearing of this story. Very gruesome, and my heart goes out to the family members who have had this hanging over their heads for 40 years. Whether they are right or wrong in believing Williams was wrongfully convicted, THEY BELIEVE IT, so they have no justice in their hearts for their lost loved ones, and that is tragic.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did a podcast on this called Atlanta Monster.