• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prolly should have kicked that FG.

Oh, and once again god fucking awful officiating in the NFL.

Here's a question. Why wasn't a flag thrown on the defender that hit RW that caused the fumble? Wasn't he a defenseless player already in the grasp and going to the ground? Seattle got one of those on a hit to the WR in the endzone. I don't have a problem if it's called evenly but damn, talk about BS on that RW hit.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of blame to go around from last nights debacle.

1. John Schneider...(Yes I know he doesn't play) I have always backed this guy from day 1 but his decision on signing Blair Walsh and letting Haush walk has come back to bite us in the ass. Walsh has now costed us 2 games that now puts us out of the HFA talk, on shaky ground to win the division or even snagging a WC spot.

2. Pete Carroll...The fake FG was a the dumbest play call I've seen in a while. Down 7, take the points and head into halftime if idiot Walsh makes it to be only down 4. Plus wasting that TO to challenge an obvious incomplete pass, needed that one at the end of the game.

3 Blair Walsh...Need I say more.

4. O-line once again killing drives with stupid penalties.

5. Water Boy because I need to keep blaming people for this loss.

This was a top to bottom overall loss. This was a game they should have won and shit the bed knowing they had a golden chance to take over first place. Season isn't over but these guys need to wake the fuck up!

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of blame to go around from last nights debacle.

1. John Schneider...(Yes I know he doesn't play) I have always backed this guy from day 1 but his decision on signing Blair Walsh and letting Haush walk has come back to bite us in the ass. Walsh has now costed us 2 games that now puts us out of the HFA talk, on shaky ground to win the division or even snagging a WC spot.

2. Pete Carroll...The fake FG was a the dumbest play call I've seen in a while. Down 7, take the points and head into halftime if idiot Walsh makes it to be only down 4. Plus wasting that TO to challenge an obvious incomplete pass, needed that one at the end of the game.

3 Blair Walsh...Need I say more.

4. O-line once again killing drives with stupid penalties.

5. Water Boy because I need to keep blaming people for this loss.

This was a top to bottom overall loss. This was a game they should have won and shit the bed knowing they had a golden chance to take over first place. Season isn't over but these guys need to wake the fuck up!

Hard for me to say that Walsh cost us this game... A 52 yard FG is no gimme... In fact, they quoted a stat that Game winning FG's of 50 plus over the past 10 years, the conversion rate was 26 out of 54... That's 49% conversion rate... I don't agree that Walsh is to blame for the loss... Too many other things went into play for me, especially on that drive... For one, the 10 yard penalty for holding on the punt starts us at the 25 instead of 35... Could'a been the difference of winning the game if we had been a bit closer for the FG... I blame the coaching staff/Baldwin more than anything for basically wasting our TO that hindered us from being able to get into better FG position... I could go on and on, but honestly, Walsh is the last guy i'd blame for the loss yesterday...

And the flip side, would I prefer a different kicker? Absolutely, but they are slim pickens out there right now, which I feel is the reason we haven't made a change yet...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus it was a cold, wet night where the air was heavy... If you noticed, most of the kickoffs were shorter than normal because the ball wasn't carrying as well... That's a big reason why Lockett had a lot of opportunities to return the kickoffs... It's just hard for me to blame, Walsh...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to say that Walsh cost us this game... A 52 yard FG is no gimme... In fact, they quoted a stat that Game winning FG's of 50 plus over the past 10 years, the conversion rate was 26 out of 54... That's 49% conversion rate... I don't agree that Walsh is to blame for the loss... Too many other things went into play for me, especially on that drive... For one, the 10 yard penalty for holding on the punt starts us at the 25 instead of 35... Could'a been the difference of winning the game if we had been a bit closer for the FG... I blame the coaching staff/Baldwin more than anything for basically wasting our TO that hindered us from being able to get into better FG position... I could go on and on, but honestly, Walsh is the last guy i'd blame for the loss yesterday...

And the flip side, would I prefer a different kicker? Absolutely, but they are slim pickens out there right now, which I feel is the reason we haven't made a change yet...

I'm blaming almost everyone for that loss on Monday night.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus it was a cold, wet night where the air was heavy... If you noticed, most of the kickoffs were shorter than normal because the ball wasn't carrying as well... That's a big reason why Lockett had a lot of opportunities to return the kickoffs... It's just hard for me to blame, Walsh...

Maybe I'm too difficult on the guy cause I hated letting Haush go and bringing in a guy who's a head case after botching the fg in the playoffs against us and then being cut mid season the following year. Just have to ride it out for the year and hope Walsh can pull through in the clutch :hope:

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame Walsh on this one. Yeah, 52 is usually reachable but as someone mentioned, the ball just wasn't carrying at all. The fake at the end of the first half was stupid and we likely would have been tied on that last drive so it shouldn't have come down to that.
But really, can anybody sit here and not say that what really cost that game was 2 early first half turnovers that cost us 14 points? It's real simple math. The pick that gives Atlanta a short field and quick score. Okay, maybe we can offset that one with the muffed kick return that gave us a score but the fumble and defensive TD is really the game. Russell tucks both arms around that ball and just takes the sack and Atlanta isn't even sniffing a win. I love Wilson but you can't let that happen in that situation.