• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We winning spite of Beval and Cable too? So coaches aren't responsible for coaching up 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th rounder, UFA's who turn out to play great in a system that Pete Carroll has orchestrated? Yet, DB's leave for other teams and don't even come close to seeing the same amount of success they had under this coaching staff... Bruce Irvin, Malcom Smith, Red Bryant? How are they doing... Pete's is a great coach and has a great eye for bringing talent in that fits his system... This is the reason why this team has been successful... It's not because we have 1st and 2nd round talent across the board covering Pete's inefficiency's as a HC...

lol i was just about to post that bolded bit myself.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have a problem with the fake field goal. When a coach makes a call that absolutely no one expects they are either geniuses if it works or idiots if it doesn't.

I want to see the All-22 on that play because I suspect that had the DT not tackled Willson, he would have gone for 6.

Challenging the Baldwin play is less defensible. But that is likely on the coach upstairs responsible for making the call.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as soon as he thought about doing his spin move back the other way he should have just thrown it away. Some times like i said he just holds onto the ball way to long. As far as Ifedi goes i have been lobbying for him to be replaced since what week 3? week 4? When Joeckel comes back they need to put Pocic in at RT move Ifedi to RG.

You can't have it both ways. If you don't want him taking those sacks then you have to accept that his miraculous plays go away as well.

It's easy to say we should replace a OL with someone else. Doesn't mean the OL gets any better.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We winning spite of Beval and Cable too? So coaches aren't responsible for coaching up 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th rounder's, UFA's who turn out to play great in a system that Pete Carroll has orchestrated? Yet, DB's leave for other teams and don't even come close to seeing the same amount of success they had under this coaching staff... Bruce Irvin, Malcom Smith, Red Bryant? How are they doing... Pete is a great coach and has a great eye for bringing talent in that fits his system... This is the reason why this team has been successful... It's not because we have 1st and 2nd round talent across the board covering Pete's inefficiency's as a HC...
Yeah, the entire coaching staff, or most anyway. But Beval isn't the guy who called for that fake field goal. No OC in his right mind would ever call that play at the NFL level. Carroll is the guy who called that play. And Pete made the call to challenge a Doug Baldwin catch ruled incomplete when it was painfully obvious that Baldwin did not catch the ball.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really have a problem with the fake field goal. When a coach makes a call that absolutely no one expects they are either geniuses if it works or idiots if it doesn't.
Exactly. If it makes sense to only call a fake when there is no risk involved, then no one is ever going to be calling a fake.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't have it both ways. If you don't want him taking those sacks then you have to accept that his miraculous plays go away as well.

It's easy to say we should replace a OL with someone else. Doesn't mean the OL gets any better.

Not true, just don't be doing that when you are standing in the shadow of your own endzone that's what i am saying to many times BAD things happen just like that. You got to give it up some times to live for another down. that play reminds me of the one in the playoff game with Aldon smith, he has been their before and should know better. Also remember this was still early in the game and no need to try and make crazy magic. Wilson has won more games playing straight up than he has by being crazy spinneroodude. Yes some times you need him to create and to do things like that, that wasn't the time it was still in the first quarter and the score was 7 to 14.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not true, just don't be doing that when you are standing in the shadow of your own endzone that's what i am saying to many times BAD things happen just like that. You got to give it up some times to live for another down. that play reminds me of the one in the playoff game with Aldon smith, he has been their before and should know better. Also remember this was still early in the game and no need to try and make crazy magic. Wilson has won more games playing straight up than he has by being crazy spinneroodude. Yes some times you need him to create and to do things like that, that wasn't the time it was still in the first quarter and the score was 7 to 14.

Sure. From now on Wilson should not engage in trying to escape the pass rush unless he is sure that nothing negative can happen from the play.

I really dislike like this form of MMQBing. It's purely results driven. If Wilson laid down or tossed the ball everytime he was facing pressure on his own end of the field then we would never leave our end of the field.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. From now on Wilson should not engage in trying to escape the pass rush unless he is sure that nothing negative can happen from the play.

I really dislike like this form of MMQBing. It's purely results driven. If Wilson laid down or tossed the ball everytime he was facing pressure on his own end of the field then we would never leave our end of the field.

don't take it to extremes it's called situational awareness, and Russell normally has great situational awareness. Like i was saying in this thread before. Unforced errors and mistakes that this team normally don't make all added up to one big loss :( also thats not like it was the first time it has happened to him like i pointed out. He has been there before and it costed him a fumble then also. To bad you were not a fly on my wall during the game. I said throw it away as soon as he started rolling out but then again i saw the pressure.

when that play was happening did you not see 49er flashbacks? i sure as heck did.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh, now there's some irony.

do you know the definition of irony? If you think my earlier posts were taken to extremes then you are sadly mistaken. Blaming one person for Yesterdays loss is taking it to extremes. then watching people get all bent out of shape because they are not reading a full post, kind of like you do and made a fool of yourself, and thinking i was blaming ONLY the defense or ONLY Wilson because they wouldn't read the FULL post.

I was laughing my ass off the whole time, because they were trying to say i wasn't blaming the coach or i was only blaming the defense or Wilson. Nope i blamed them all for little stupid but very fixable issues and 2 people went volcanic. I could see the anger flowing through their words lmao but there was nothing i could do. It was all out there in type all they had to do was read it and say "oh wow i jumped to conclusions my bad" i get it, some of my posts are long winded but reading the whole thing would be smart so you are not spitting out only HALF of what i said making you look like a fool.

i was happy with yesterdays play other than a few costly mistakes. The offense was clicking the defense played well for the situation and the return game for the first time this year was on point. Just some costly mental mistakes cost the team in every facet of the game. That doesn't happen very often for our Hawks and i don't think we will see it happen again this season.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't take it to extremes it's called situational awareness, and Russell normally has great situational awareness. Like i was saying in this thread before. Unforced errors and mistakes that this team normally don't make all added up to one big loss :( also thats not like it was the first time it has happened to him like i pointed out. He has been there before and it costed him a fumble then also. To bad you were not a fly on my wall during the game. I said throw it away as soon as he started rolling out but then again i saw the pressure.

when that play was happening did you not see 49er flashbacks? i sure as heck did.

How could you possibly know whether he should throw it away when you can't see the players downfield?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO again i do not get why you are so mad, all i was saying before you attacked me was this one is not only on the coaches. you got a vendetta against me or something? So mature, such intelligence. I kept saying their was enough blame on everyone but let me quote you and no i wont drop down to caveman IQ and start name calling lol.

You said " This isn't all on the defense by any means. Wilson handed them 14 points and the coaching staff made the dumbest decision on what would have been a short make able FG that ended up being the difference. " THIS was After i said " this wasn't all on one person. The defense couldn't make stops ( 34 points against ) the Coach made a boneheaded call ( Fake FG ) Russell Wilson turned it over twice ( 14 points scored off those turnovers ) Defense gave up a 5+ Minute drive when they needed a stop. Baldwin begging for a challenge when he shouldn't have ( that TO was huge ) 3rd and 14 at Atlanta's 39 and they give up 15 ( ATL kicks FG )Yeah this is not all on the coaches. Sorry." and " this one is on the Defense for not being able to stop many of the 3rd and longs ( allowed Matt to scramble for 19 yards and a 1st down ending in a TD ) The Offense for turnovers = 14 damn points. The Special teams for allowing long returns and short fields, missing a long FG.

And then you said " Penalties? Yeah, they continually have way too many. That's on coaching.
fake FG run play with no time left that had no real chance of working. Purely a coaching blunder. Not a small one at that. Utterly stupid.
Allowed the fans to basically talk them into burning a TO on what was obviously not a catch. If they don't have someone in the booth checking those and letting them know on the headset then what the fuck are they doing? Again, coaching.
And that wasn't the only TO they fucked up on.
Not screw up either of those TO's and they have more time at the end to at least get closer. It cost them the game.

Player screw up plays every week. Even when they win. Yes there were mistakes and that defense isn't going to be what it was anymore, but this game was winnable if the coaches didn't have their heads up their asses."

Now you say it was a whole team effort "like i have BEEN saying" after you said it was on the coaches. Not only that you get all bent out of shape about it and resort to name calling LMAO. The funny thing is i am falling out of my chair laughing so hard because of how much you are flip flopping and now bitching at me about how it was everyone as a whole not only the coaches which is all i was trying to say.

Please take a chill pill and next time maybe you should read what i post instead of just rage typing, you and i started out on the same foot then you flipped to "YEP it was all the coaches" to only go back to "read what i said before i said it was on everyone waaah!" lol. Chill dude all i have said and continued to say is this is on the team as a whole not ONE THING not the missed FG not the miss used TO not the turn overs cost them the game it was ALL OF THEM TOGETHER.

PS my CAPS are not yelling i use it to EMPHASIZE what i am saying.

F-ing Dolt? lmao really you resorted to name calling? doesn't personal attacks like that call for a couple day ban?
First of all, you started the insults so don't feign some sort of moral superiority. Telling Lineman that his job is one you toss to the lowly peasants as a way to fool them into thinking they are important to get them more in line was pretty glaring. The passive aggressive bullshit telling everyone else how to be a fan is pretty insulting.

No, calling someone a dolt doesn't get anyone banned from this site. I could call you a complete fucking moron or the dumbest jackass I've ever seen and it wouldn't be a ban. For someone that tries to come off like you are the smartest person in the history of football fans you sure don't know a thing about how this site works or what does and does not fly here.

You once again spend a lot of unnecessary words to spin yourself in circles instead of seeing the obvious in front of you.

I clearly said there were lots of issues. Said it during the game and after. And I said this loss was on the coaches. Those do not have to be mutually exclusive. It is your need to make emotional things fit into logical detail that is your downfall here.

If you see someone say Ifedi sucks and shouldn't be on the field, Wilson's turnovers were bad, the defense is now what we should expect moving forward and it isn't anywhere near what it was, you can't keep having 100+ yards of penalties, AND I put this loss 100% on the coaches what does that mean? Let me stop you before you once again embarrass yourself with some diatribe that shows your elitist bullshit again. Think before you post for once.

Do you know what the word 'fan' means? Being a 'fanatic' by definition is not logical, but emotional. Charts and bar graphs are not a thing in that realm.

You do not have some patent on what being a fan is or should mean. If someone chooses to take all of the pieces of blame pie in the pan and pick one out that they color differently and hold up they have every bit of right to do so. When I see people doing that with Bevell or Cable or whoever they are holding onto for that game I don't assume they are giving free passes to every other blamable element. I find that to be ridiculous. You can argue against the merits of whatever they are holding onto, but suggesting it means they must be saying nothing else wrong happened? :L

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you know the definition of irony? If you think my earlier posts were taken to extremes then you are sadly mistaken. Blaming one person for Yesterdays loss is taking it to extremes. then watching people get all bent out of shape because they are not reading a full post, kind of like you do and made a fool of yourself, and thinking i was blaming ONLY the defense or ONLY Wilson because they wouldn't read the FULL post.

I was laughing my ass off the whole time, because they were trying to say i wasn't blaming the coach or i was only blaming the defense or Wilson. Nope i blamed them all for little stupid but very fixable issues and 2 people went volcanic. I could see the anger flowing through their words lmao but there was nothing i could do. It was all out there in type all they had to do was read it and say "oh wow i jumped to conclusions my bad" i get it, some of my posts are long winded but reading the whole thing would be smart so you are not spitting out only HALF of what i said making you look like a fool.

i was happy with yesterdays play other than a few costly mistakes. The offense was clicking the defense played well for the situation and the return game for the first time this year was on point. Just some costly mental mistakes cost the team in every facet of the game. That doesn't happen very often for our Hawks and i don't think we will see it happen again this season.
Let's play the game of 'how many insults' can we find in one post here and see if he again wants to tell everyone else they are the ones insulting people.

Never once did I say you were wrong for not blaming only the coaches for the loss. Not once. I was defending my right to hold that view and nothing else. Then after you attempted to demoralize lineman I decided to give you some of your own medicine in a bit more of a direct rather than your passive aggressive style.

If you'd just come off your high horse and stop trying to tell everyone else how to be a fan there wouldn't be an issue. No one cares if your opinion is that you hold everyone equally to blame. YOU were the one telling others what they can or cannot feel and saying they are stupid for not seeing things your way.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We winning spite of Beval and Cable too? So coaches aren't responsible for coaching up 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th rounder's, UFA's who turn out to play great in a system that Pete Carroll has orchestrated? Yet, DB's leave for other teams and don't even come close to seeing the same amount of success they had under this coaching staff... Bruce Irvin, Malcom Smith, Red Bryant? How are they doing... Pete is a great coach and has a great eye for bringing talent in that fits his system... This is the reason why this team has been successful... It's not because we have 1st and 2nd round talent across the board covering Pete's inefficiency's as a HC...
So you're saying the coaches have to develop the later round and undrafted players and then give Carroll credit for them becoming good players? LOL. Who gets blamed for the team being the most undisciplined team in the league. Let me guess - some one not named Pete Carroll, right? Pete gets credit for when they do good but it's the coaches fault when they screw up. Yeah, you don't sniff the koolaid at all, do you?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel so dirty after listening to you girly men talk about your girly diets. I'm gonna grab my rifle and go shoot something. Later, bitches.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And heh, glad I gave this place a pass last night.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying the coaches have to develop the later round and undrafted players and then give Carroll credit for them becoming good players? LOL. Who gets blamed for the team being the most undisciplined team in the league. Let me guess - some one not named Pete Carroll, right? Pete gets credit for when they do good but it's the coaches fault when they screw up. Yeah, you don't sniff the koolaid at all, do you?

Nah, just 100% disagree with your assumption that this team wins spite Carroll... Just a ridiculous statement in my opinion... And where did I say that Carroll doesn't shoulder any of the blame? Doesn't mean i'm "sniffing* the kool aid... LMAO...

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Challenging the Baldwin play is less defensible. But that is likely on the coach upstairs responsible for making the call.

The upstairs coaches should have been telling Carroll not to challenge. That is true. But Baldwin needed to be honest with Carroll and say he didn't catch the ball there. Apparently Baldwin went to Carroll and told him to challenge the play. He claimed he caught it, and he would have known he clearly did not. Baldwin cost the team a valuable time out and a coach's challenge.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say the lions share is on Pete. It was all the mistakes adding up into one big lose. Wilson's Mistakes, the Defenses Mistakes, Bevells mistakes, Baldwin's Mistakes ( begging for a challenge ) Pete's mistake listening to Baldwin instead of going to the guys upstairs and signing off on the fake FG.

ESPN Headline

Seahawks can't overcome brutal start, playoff chances take a hit with loss to Falcons.
"Russell Wilson was awful at the start. He was incredible after that. Ultimately, he wasn't enough.
Wilson was picked off on his second pass attempt and lost a second-quarter fumble that was returned for an Atlanta Falcons touchdown, which contributed to a brutal start for the Seattle Seahawks."

that's not on Pete Thats on our Golden boy who i still say is one of the best clutch QB's in the NFL if not THE BEST Clutch QB in the NFL!

another snip-it from ESPN
"They needed a much cleaner performance, they needed to get off the field on third down and they needed to put a whole lot more pressure on quarterback Matt Ryan than they ever got in their 34-31 loss."

Pete has to take blame and he did but us as fans we need to look at other factors also before exclaiming Pete cost us this game. Wilson caused the loss as much as Pete and The Defense who couldn't get pressure on Matty Ice all game let alone allowed a Offense that is not as good as Seattle's statistically to convert on 64% of it's third downs.

i don't like pointing fingers unless i am DAMN SURE about it ... ( Cable lol ) and one thing i am damn sure of is the Seahawks made a lot of unforced errors yesterday giving a good team more than enough chances to come in here and steal a win. Past Hawks teams could over come those errors and mistakes, this team can not but that doesn't mean next week they can't.

They are improving and anyone that watched last nights game saw the improvement on Offense defense and even the return game came to life for the first time since week 1 and how well the defense played with Sherman, Kam, Avril and Griffin out. There is a lot they can build off of from this game. They lost this one as a team. The team i saw last night gives me hope because they are moving in the right direction for the first time all season. Penalties went down after getting something like 12.7 per game the last 3 weeks the offense was steady and the banged up defense limited Matt Ryan to under 200 yards the first time in 63 games he hasn't reached 200 yards.
Pfffft Pete forgot to add if they scored more they would've won.