• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Atlanta Falcons @ Seattle Seahawks

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Russell Wilson - Wilson has been pretty close to being the Seahawks entire offense this season. If we could get any push in the run game and open some holes for the backs consistently I would think that the offense could be one of the best.

Bobby Wagner & Earl Thomas - injuries make this D a question mark tonight, but the 2 most important players are still there and should provide a calming factor as the D heads into some uncharted territory.

Negatives:

Injuries - this team right now looks nothing like what we thought we were going to have coming into the season. 3/4 of the starting DBs are out (Sherman Chancellor and Shead) along with Avril and some missed time/games by others.

Julio Jones - though maybe not 100%, dude is one of the best there is. He lit up the Hawks last time they played and this time there is no Sherman to try to stem the flow. Griffin and Maxwell will have to play out of their minds to limit him in this one.

Needs:

Pressure - Without Sherman and Chancellor, the DLine needs to get pressure quickly. Too many times their sacks are caused by good coverage downfield, so they are going to need to step up their play. Bennet, Richardson, Clark and company need to live in Matt Ryan’s face all night.

Run Game - if there was ever a game when we need the running game of old, it’s this one. The line has to find a way to open holes for the running game. I think Rawls could be effective if not hit no later than the LOS.

Overview:

This one, even though in Seattle, has me worried. We have no idea what the D is going to look like - and Ryan cannot have the time we’ve allowed other teams to have. The offense has been inconsistent - mostly due to an inept run game. If Sherman and Chancellor we’re out there, I’d be a lot more confident, but now the whole field is open.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives:

Russell Wilson - Wilson has been pretty close to being the Seahawks entire offense this season. If we could get any push in the run game and open some holes for the backs consistently I would think that the offense could be one of the best.

Bobby Wagner & Earl Thomas - injuries make this D a question mark tonight, but the 2 most important players are still there and should provide a calming factor as the D heads into some uncharted territory.

Negatives:

Injuries - this team right now looks nothing like what we thought we were going to have coming into the season. 3/4 of the starting DBs are out (Sherman Chancellor and Shead) along with Avril and some missed time/games by others.

Julio Jones - though maybe not 100%, dude is one of the best there is. He lit up the Hawks last time they played and this time there is no Sherman to try to stem the flow. Griffin and Maxwell will have to play out of their minds to limit him in this one.

Needs:

Pressure - Without Sherman and Chancellor, the DLine needs to get pressure quickly. Too many times their sacks are caused by good coverage downfield, so they are going to need to step up their play. Bennet, Richardson, Clark and company need to live in Matt Ryan’s face all night.

Run Game - if there was ever a game when we need the running game of old, it’s this one. The line has to find a way to open holes for the running game. I think Rawls could be effective if not hit no later than the LOS.

Overview:

This one, even though in Seattle, has me worried. We have no idea what the D is going to look like - and Ryan cannot have the time we’ve allowed other teams to have. The offense has been inconsistent - mostly due to an inept run game. If Sherman and Chancellor we’re out there, I’d be a lot more confident, but now the whole field is open.

One of my favorite players. I dont want lane on him because with lane's 5 yard cushion ass we will get burned alot.

Imo Bennett has to step up tonight

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add to that we should be worried about Atlanta's pass rush too. Our O-line is still not great even with Brown, and the Falcons showed an ability to rush a very mobile QB last week when they were able to sack Dak Prescott a ridiculous 8 times. And I'd wager Dallas's O-line is substantially better than ours. Wilson better be wearing track shoes tonight cuz he might be running for his life.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd add to that we should be worried about Atlanta's pass rush too. Our O-line is still not great even with Brown, and the Falcons showed an ability to rush a very mobile QB last week when they were able to sack Dak Prescott a ridiculous 8 times. And I'd wager Dallas's O-line is substantially better than ours. Wilson better be wearing track shoes tonight cuz he might be running for his life.

That said. Duane Brown is a probowler

Chaz Green is a fucking Civ

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like i said in the other game thread.

Altanta defense doesn't scare me. They can't create a interior pass rush like Washington did.

Agreed, Atlanta's pass rush looked so good mainly because Dallas had a back-up LT that got abused all night..

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hope Russ is on his game tonight because I think this could be a shootout. Matt Ryan lit up Seattle last year for 320 yards and 3 TDs both times.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sounds like Brown is going to be a game-time decision. I think as long as he's in no danger of hurting himself too much more by playing, I'll take a 70% (or whatever it is) Duane Brown over a 100% anybody else.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, Atlanta's pass rush looked so good mainly because Dallas had a back-up LT that got abused all night..

Yeah, not as concerned about Claiborne getting 6 sacks again. Hell, last week alone would have been his second highest season total of his career.

That said, the Falcons defense is top 10 right now, top 6 against the pass (less than 200 yards per game, 130in the last 2). Their big weakness is their run defense (17th), but we can’t run worth a dime right now. Our offensive strength is going right at their defensive strength.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not as concerned about Claiborne getting 6 sacks again. Hell, last week alone would have been his second highest season total of his career.

That said, the Falcons defense is top 10 right now, top 6 against the pass (less than 200 yards per game, 130in the last 2). Their big weakness is their run defense (17th), but we can’t run worth a dime right now. Our offensive strength is going right at their defensive strength.

Hopefully we can establish some run tonight, Man I hope Carson get's back soon, our running game was starting to resemble something with him back there...

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 days off in between games. Almost like a bye week. Won't be any good for Sherm and Kam, but it should help Earl Thomas and some of the walking wounded heal up. The OL and RBs have had a long break to rest up and work on stuff, so we could see a good game from our RBs tonight.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bad start, our O is gonna have to pick it up tonight...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hello? Defense? You there??

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, NOW we have our work cut out for us.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at least I'll be able to get some Thanksgiving prep done early tonight. So there's that. This thing's going to be an embarrassment quickly.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this is about as bad a start as we could a had ... This is the one thing we needed to avoid with the injuries... This next drive is important...

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, let's try and hang on to the ball this time!

AceKeptic

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3