• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Atlanta Braves and Ronald Acuña finalizing 8 year $100 million extension

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Passan had it first. A great day for Braves fans everywhere! Locking this kid up at that price is unbelievable.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is his agent? Why not wait it out and get $25M+ a year. I guess if he doesn't pan out (which I don't think will happen) he is set for 7-8 years but overall this is a GREAT deal for the Braves. Wow

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is his agent? Why not wait it out and get $25M+ a year. I guess if he doesn't pan out (which I don't think will happen) he is set for 7-8 years but overall this is a GREAT deal for the Braves. Wow
Definitely seems strange. I guess they could have looked at it like this. He would only be making about half a mil the next two seasons. Start getting that money now. And they can always keep adjusting the extension, similar to what happened with Trout.

But i have serious doubts Liberty would ever be willing to spend any more.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely seems strange. I guess they could have looked at it like this. He would only be making about half a mil the next two seasons. Start getting that money now. And they can always keep adjusting the extension, similar to what happened with Trout.

red sox will have mookie for all his arb years and he will make around 50 mil
this is great deal for both since hes only 21:suds:

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was my thinking too. The Braves pay him early but a lot in the long run. Lock him up basically till he is 30

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask and you shall receive:
Maybe we can con Acuna into signing a 10 year deal now while he's young and dumb.

My only question is what the hell was the point of starting him out in AAA last season?

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ask and you shall receive:

My only question is what the hell was the point of starting him out in AAA last season?
They knew/hoped he was going to potentially be a generational talent, but he helped confirm that theory by doing what he did last year in the Bigs (in a Pennant race no less).

AA has said he didn't expect the Braves to be as good as they were last year, or RA likely would have broken camp with the club. Might be true, but I have my doubts (based on our cheap ass ownership).

I am beyond pleased with this deal for the Braves. Still can't quite believe they locked him up this way. If AA was the catalyst for this, he just pulled off one of the best signings (extensions) in Braves history.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They knew/hoped he was going to potentially be a generational talent, but he helped confirm that theory by doing what he did last year in the Bigs (in a Pennant race no less).

AA has said he didn't expect the Braves to be as good as they were last year, or RA likely would have broken camp with the club. Might be true, but I have my doubts (based on our cheap ass ownership).

I am beyond pleased with this deal for the Braves. Still can't quite believe they locked him up this way. If AA was the catalyst for this, he just pulled off one of the best signings (extensions) in Braves history.

I'm ecstatic about this. Not only do we lock him up, but we did it for dirt cheap too. By far the best thing AA has done as our GM. I'm just shocked that this got done while he has less than a year of service time, and I'm more shocked at the low dollar amount.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will be 29 by the time his contract is up which is still kind of a good time for a second big contract. I guess being a poor kid from Venezuela he really wanted to get paid his millions early maybe he had people he needs to support

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd have to say this is the best extension we've made in my lifetime. Only signing period I can think of that was better is Maddux.