• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Athlon's Preseason Top 25

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athlon Magazine reveals official preseason top 25 rankings

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Penn State
6. Florida
7. Georgia
8. LSU
9. Notre Dame
10. Oregon
11. Texas A&M
12. Wisconsin
13. Auburn
14. Oklahoma State
15. Michigan
16. Texas
17. Iowa State
18. North Carolina
19. USC
20. Minnesota
21. Cincinnati
22. UCF
23. Boise State
24. Virginia Tech
25. Iowa

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They think Alabama will go from 4th to 1st in the SEC? What did they do this off season to make such a move? They were barely in the top 10.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Athlon Magazine reveals official preseason top 25 rankings

1. Clemson
2. Alabama
3. Ohio State
4. Oklahoma
5. Penn State
6. Florida
7. Georgia
8. LSU
9. Notre Dame
10. Oregon
11. Texas A&M
12. Wisconsin
13. Auburn
14. Oklahoma State
15. Michigan
16. Texas
17. Iowa State
18. North Carolina
19. USC
20. Minnesota
21. Cincinnati
22. UCF
23. Boise State
24. Virginia Tech
25. Iowa

Athlon, fuckin posers. Amirite @AlaskaGuy

What happened to the good ole days... last year?

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile in Iowa...

tenor.gif

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma, Florida, Texas A&M (as usual), michigan, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, USC (LOL) are all too high

LSU, Oregon, Texas, Minnesoa, Iowa too low

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma, Florida, Texas A&M (as usual), michigan, Oklahoma State, Iowa State, USC (LOL) are all too high

na Oregon is about right

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think A&M should be in the top 10. I'd flip UGA and UF only because I think UGA wins the head to head. Both are still top 10 though. I'd drop LSU outside the top 10. Michigan will finish ranked higher than both PSU and Wisconsin IMO. OU isn't the 4th best team but will probably finish there again by virtue of winning the Big 12.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think A&M should be in the top 10. I'd flip UGA and UF only because I think UGA wins the head to head. Both are still top 10 though. I'd drop LSU outside the top 10. Michigan will finish ranked higher than both PSU and Wisconsin IMO. OU isn't the 4th best team but will probably finish there again by virtue of winning the Big 12.
AGREE
STRONGLY AGREE

DISAGREE
STRONGLY DISAGREE

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AGREE
STRONGLY AGREE

DISAGREE
STRONGLY DISAGREE

Under the assumption things are normal(which I doubt they will) I don't think PSU or Wisconsin beats Michigan in Ann Arbor. They don't lose home games against ranked opponents (outside OSU). I think Minnesota takes a slight step back to an 8 win team(I like Michigan to win at Minnesota). Schedule breaks Michigan's way to have 1 or 0 losses heading into their loss against OSU. I'd basically swap A&M and LSU. I think A&M can get to 10 wins this season. LSU is probably an 8/9 win team which is still top 15. Just so many losses to the NFL. Plus the coaching staff is completely new for the most part.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under the assumption things are normal(which I doubt they will) I don't think PSU or Wisconsin beats Michigan in Ann Arbor. They don't lose home games against ranked opponents (outside OSU). I think Minnesota takes a slight step back to an 8 win team(I like Michigan to win at Minnesota). Schedule breaks Michigan's way to have 1 or 0 losses heading into their loss against OSU. I'd basically swap A&M and LSU. I think A&M can get to 10 wins this season. LSU is probably an 8/9 win team which is still top 15. Just so many losses to the NFL. Plus the coaching staff is completely new for the most part.
aggy has an OOC schedule that is terrible. Co is the best of them and they are reeling from having it's coach leave to MSU.
Four wins, plus facing a new coach at arkansas, msu and ole miss. that should be 7 games they will be favored in. Now they have to figure out how to beat Auburn, LSU, Bama. If you trust Mond sure it can happen (it won't)

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Texas isn't back?!?!? We might actually do something!!!!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Based on....? But I would agree for the most part.

It is 100% conjecture and speculation at this point. Not one team has earned their spot this year...or unearned it for that matter.

But, hey it gives us something to discuss and argue about!:suds:

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question if Minnesota should be so high. Are they really this good or are they a 1-year wonder.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I question if Minnesota should be so high. Are they really this good or are they a 1-year wonder.

They return a lot and their schedule is cake. Their non-con is Florida Atlantic, Tennessee Tech, and BYU. Their cross overs are Maryland, Michigan, and Michigan St.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just wondering when people are going to figure out that Harbaugh is a decent/good coach and that's it. I would take Fleck, Chryst, or Franklin over him any day. PSU has arguably the best defense in the conference, and michigan has questions all over their offense. Playing at michigan doesn't mean that much to me. Minnesota at home will get the job done IMO. They have a legitimate NFL QB and an elite play-making WR, along with a damn good RB. Wisconsin is still solid as usual. I'd take all three over michigan without a moment's hesitation. It's a huge year for Harbaugh in terms of what his future is going to be, but I don't think he gets it done.

I don't see anything about A&M that gets me going. Inconsistent/poor coaching will do them in again IMO. They've got a shit schedule outside of Bama/Auburn/LSU, so maybe 9-3 before bowl season, but I don't believe they're one of the 10 best teams in the country by any stretch.

LSU I'm torn on for the reasons you mentioned. They lost a ton, perhaps nobody more important than Brady. However, the talent is certainly there to be a top 10 team. We're definitely gonna find out what Orgeron is made of.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on....? But I would agree for the most part.

It is 100% conjecture and speculation at this point. Not one team has earned their spot this year...or unearned it for that matter.

But, hey it gives us something to discuss and argue about!:suds:
Just based on looking at the teams. Of course it's just speculation, but it is the offseason, afterall :suds:

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
aggy has an OOC schedule that is terrible. Co is the best of them and they are reeling from having it's coach leave to MSU.
Four wins, plus facing a new coach at arkansas, msu and ole miss. that should be 7 games they will be favored in. Now they have to figure out how to beat Auburn, LSU, Bama. If you trust Mond sure it can happen (it won't)

They replace Clemson with Colorado, that's another win. They replace UGA with Vandy, that's another win. That alone should get them to 9 regular season win. 4 OOC, then Ole Miss, Miss, St, Arkansas, Vandy and South Carolina in the SEC. Going 1-2 against LSU/Bama/Auburn seems like a good bet given, specifically what Auburn and LSU lost from last year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just wondering when people are going to figure out that Harbaugh is a decent/good coach and that's it. I would take Fleck, Chryst, or Franklin over him any day. PSU has arguably the best defense in the conference, and michigan has questions all over their offense. Playing at michigan doesn't mean that much to me. Minnesota at home will get the job done IMO. They have a legitimate NFL QB and an elite play-making WR, along with a damn good RB. Wisconsin is still solid as usual. I'd take all three over michigan without a moment's hesitation. It's a huge year for Harbaugh in terms of what his future is going to be, but I don't think he gets it done.

I don't see anything about A&M that gets me going. Inconsistent/poor coaching will do them in again IMO. They've got a shit schedule outside of Bama/Auburn/LSU, so maybe 9-3 before bowl season, but I don't believe they're one of the 10 best teams in the country by any stretch.

LSU I'm torn on for the reasons you mentioned. They lost a ton, perhaps nobody more important than Brady. However, the talent is certainly there to be a top 10 team. We're definitely gonna find out what Orgeron is made of.

Michigan is a different team at home then on the road(assuming things are normal this season). Harbaugh beats ranked teams at home, I don't see why this would be any different than all the other years, minus 2017. He's beaten ranked Wisconsin and PSU teams at home before. Honestly, I think it's more likely they lose to Washington than it is they lose to PSU and Wisconsin. They are a different team at home.

A&M was a good team last season, they just played a ridiculous schedule. 4 of their 5 losses were to teams that finished in the top 8, and only one of them was at home. Their schedule is more manageable this year, but it's been one of the most difficult the last two seasons, so I'd say they finally caught a break.