• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Athlon Sports Preseason Top 25

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. Both could be undefeated (4-0) at that point.

Nebraska

South Alabama
@ Colorado
Northern Illinois
Illinois
Ohio St

Ohio St

Florida Atlantic
Cincinnati
@ Indiana
Miami, OH
@ Nebraska

Nebraska only lost by 5 to Colorado last year (28-33). It was Nebraska's first game with a completely new coaching staff and a true freshman QB. It was Colorado's 2nd game, but also a new coaching staff. As they say, most improvement is made between games one and two. Colorado had an opportunity to work out it's kinks after beating Colorado St soundly the week before (45-13).

If I were to pick a likely upset for each team prior to their meeting, it would be Northern Illinois vs Nebraska and Indiana vs Ohio St.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys had the game against Colorado won, and then your idiot defensive back comes in with the late hit and gives CU new life. That was a heart-breaker.

Frost has the program on the right track. Even if Washington doesn't play, I bet that Wandale kid you flipped from Kentucky come in and has a good season. Solid weapons all around, could make for a slugfest in Lincoln, and I'm gonna guess it's a night game too. That's the weekend after I get back from my honeymoon, so I'll be nicely rested and ready.

I still haven't heard anything about Washingtons status. Wandale has been having hamstring issues, but we did officially get Dedrick Mills on the team. He is a 4 star HB out of JUCO (Garden City CC). He is expected to be a good addition.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys had the game against Colorado won, and then your idiot defensive back comes in with the late hit and gives CU new life. That was a heart-breaker.

Frost has the program on the right track. Even if Washington doesn't play, I bet that Wandale kid you flipped from Kentucky come in and has a good season. Solid weapons all around, could make for a slugfest in Lincoln, and I'm gonna guess it's a night game too. That's the weekend after I get back from my honeymoon, so I'll be nicely rested and ready.

Could be a WAC style shoot-out. Not sure where Nebraska's defense will be this season.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet again they rank Michigan ahead of Ohio State. Will they ever learn :crazy:

To be fair, I don’t see us as a top 10 team this year. Going to be a long year of finding a new identity with Urban gone. Our defense was shit last year and we lost a lot plus new coaching staff.
Agree about michigan. Disagree with the rest. As long as Fields plays well (top 25ish), we'll be top 10, easily. I think our defense will improve over last year. How much did we really lose on defense?

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm actually surprised that Michigan is ranked that high.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about michigan. Disagree with the rest. As long as Fields plays well (top 25ish), we'll be top 10, easily. I think our defense will improve over last year. How much did we really lose on defense?

I'm not too concerned with offense at this point we did lose an amazing QB and our best WR, and 4 starters at OL. Guess I'm just not sold on Fields yet but that could easily change. I know Day likes a gun slinger and this won't be that guy, Fields is a better fit for our RPO if that's what we decided to run. We're very thin at OL going into the season, if injuries occur there we're going to be in trouble real quick.

What concerns me most about defense is we lost our two best players in Dre'mont and Bosa. Sheffield is gone too but we've got a pretty decent secondary coming back more experienced now with White and Okuduh. We still suck at LB, and we didn't add anyone to our defense coming up in the ranks that I think is worth filling the big holes we need. We've got Chase Young and that's it, we're also pretty deep at DT but unproven. I'm hopeful with the new defensive staff but that's still unproven as well. Just so many questions at defense and don't feel like there's much star power in the ranks to compete at an elite level. That's why I just feel like it's a 2+ loss type season.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too concerned with offense at this point we did lose an amazing QB and our best WR, and 4 starters at OL. Guess I'm just not sold on Fields yet but that could easily change. I know Day likes a gun slinger and this won't be that guy, Fields is a better fit for our RPO if that's what we decided to run. We're very thin at OL going into the season, if injuries occur there we're going to be in trouble real quick.

What concerns me most about defense is we lost our two best players in Dre'mont and Bosa. Sheffield is gone too but we've got a pretty decent secondary coming back more experienced now with White and Okuduh. We still suck at LB, and we didn't add anyone to our defense coming up in the ranks that I think is worth filling the big holes we need. We've got Chase Young and that's it, we're also pretty deep at DT but unproven. I'm hopeful with the new defensive staff but that's still unproven as well. Just so many questions at defense and don't feel like there's much star power in the ranks to compete at an elite level. That's why I just feel like it's a 2+ loss type season.
Bosa basically didn't play last year, though.

We pretty much just lost Dre'Mont. So, we have to replace one guy. He was great, but still. We've recruited D Line well, so I'm not concerned.

Hang_On_Sloopy08

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bosa basically didn't play last year, though.

We pretty much just lost Dre'Mont. So, we have to replace one guy. He was great, but still. We've recruited D Line well, so I'm not concerned.

Exactly, without Bosa our defense was horrid by end of season. The LB play is the worst since Fickle year debacle. We gave up so many huge gains last year. Freaking Maryland moved the ball at will against us. We were an onside kick away from Washington coming back to beat us in the Rose Bowl because we couldn't protect a three score lead. I dunno, there's not much that excites me about this defense and we're not adding much to it to get better.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, without Bosa our defense was horrid by end of season. The LB play is the worst since Fickle year debacle. We gave up so many huge gains last year. Freaking Maryland moved the ball at will against us. We were an onside kick away from Washington coming back to beat us in the Rose Bowl because we couldn't protect a three score lead. I dunno, there's not much that excites me about this defense and we're not adding much to it to get better.

Welcome to my world.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can only go up

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said the same thing about Michigan State’s offense after the 2017 season. Then 2018 happened.
With the way we have recruited defense, it has to.... Haha

Hopefully