• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

At what point in the season do we realize that the SEC is below average?

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, how dare someone take the polls and do the actual math to see how much teams move.

Can't have facts fucking up the narrative.

Computers=you get out what you put in..................signed 4d20

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently the SEC is 48-21 overall. That is well above average. Not sure what the OP was going for, but they are not below average according to this stat.

EOT/

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Computers=you get out what you put in..................signed 4d20

Let's see how far you are willing to take this rather than admit your excuses are based on myth.

Because counting the number of ranks teams move by conference and averaging them out is hard. What gets put it are the actual numbers you complain about.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how far you are willing to take this rather than admit your excuses are based on myth.

Because counting the number of ranks teams move by conference and averaging them out is hard. What gets put it are the actual numbers you complain about.

Whatever makes you sleep at night.
Computers good when they help/Computers bad when they don't ..................signed 4d20

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever makes you sleep at night.
Computers good when they help/Computers bad when they don't ..................signed 4d20

Keep living that SEC bias myth to make you feel better, even after being shown it's your conference who got the most bias.

Which is extra funny coming from an Oklahoma fan considering Oklahoma was also recently shown to be one of the teams that has been overranked the most in the same period of time we are talking about.

Damn those "computer" people who actually take the numbers and find out the truth rather than assuming whatever they want for moral victories.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason the Big 12 teams drop less is because their biggest games usually take place in November, where a lot of us know what the teams look like and thus don't drop them as far for a loss

meanwhile the SEC's only big games in November are the rivalry ones

they usually have one bye week and one FCS team in mid November

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep living that SEC bias myth to make you feel better, even after being shown it's your conference who got the most bias.

Which is extra funny coming from an Oklahoma fan considering Oklahoma was also recently shown to be one of the teams that has been overranked the most in the same period of time we are talking about.

Damn those "computer" people who actually take the numbers and find out the truth rather than assuming whatever they want for moral victories.

Oh no, Numbers, it must be irrefutable science.
You crack me up.

And of course I know Oklahoma gets over ranked just like I know SEC teams get over ranked.
Thanks for making my point.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no, Numbers, it must be irrefutable science.
You crack me up.

And of course I know Oklahoma gets over ranked just like I know SEC teams get over ranked.
Thanks for making my point.

The data shows that the Oklahoma part is true, the SEC part not so much.

Now if you want to say teams like Oklahoma, Alabama, USC, Notre Dame, Ohio St, etc get over-ranked based on name brands - sure. But the notion that teams are getting ranked because "SEC" is total bullshit.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason the Big 12 teams drop less is because their biggest games usually take place in November, where a lot of us know what the teams look like and thus don't drop them as far for a loss

What about the Pac12 who dropped at the same rate as the SEC?

Btw, the actual numbers:

SEC: 7.5 drops per
Pac12: 7.5
Big12: 7
Big10: 5.5
ACC: 4.3

And as for SEC November games, Alabama plays: LSU, Miss St, Auburn and 1 FCS team in November. Most of Alabama's losses in the past years have come in November. The year we lost to A&M we had LSU, A&M and Auburn in November.

Sorry, I don't think your theory holds water.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Checked all 14 teams this year and only one has a bye week in the last month and apparently that team designates what is "usually" for all SEC teams.

Sad how people make comments these days with no idea about what they are talking about.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's says TAMPA...but it really means PASCO County Florida, based on your avatar...LOL, everybody knows Pasco is the trailer park capital of North America. Guess that was all you could afford when you sold your Detroit shit shack and moved to Florida.
lol I live Wesley Chapel moron. Wiregrass Ranch is a brand new high school that serves 2 huge gated communities (Seven Oaks and Meadow Pointe). There are actually no trailer parks in Wesley Chapel...not a one. The average homeprice is $245,000 Wesley Chapel, FL - Home prices and Home Values - Realtor.com® The average median income is $75,000, 30K above the Florida average and Tuscaloosa, and double the whole shit state of Alabama. http://www.city-data.com/city/Wesley-Chapel-Florida.html

I don't know what's more ironic, you being too dumb to use google or someone from Alabama trying to use trailer parks as an insult...or insulting any other state for that matter. One tornado and you are all homeless.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checked all 14 teams this year and only one has a bye week in the last month and apparently that team designates what is "usually" for all SEC teams.

Sad how people make comments these days with no idea about what they are talking about.

maybe the bye week isn't true, I didn't make much effort in that matter

it's still pathetic to play FCS teams in November

should only be playing them in the early weeks as a warmup.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Beginning of year, middle of year, end of year, it all adds up the same in the end tally. Teams get tired, injuries happen. Get over it, you cant change it and your opinion means dick. I laugh at teams that start their first three or four games with nothing but easy wins, mine doesnt do that and finds a way to spread its games out so they get an even break occasionally. If that pisses you off...good.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crying about when the games are played is about as lame as crying about where they are played. That is some weak shit.

Boise St takes a bye this November btw. Gotta get up for that tough haul of New Mexico, Air Force and San Jose St after taking on Wyoming and UNLV.

I'm sorry, but Boise St fans are the last people on earth who get to bitch about schedule strength.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I live Wesley Chapel moron. Wiregrass Ranch is a brand new high school that serves 2 huge gated communities (Seven Oaks and Meadow Pointe). There are actually no trailer parks in Wesley Chapel...not a one. The average homeprice is $245,000 Wesley Chapel, FL - Home prices and Home Values - Realtor.com® The average median income is $75,000, 30K above the Florida average and Tuscaloosa, and double the whole shit state of Alabama. http://www.city-data.com/city/Wesley-Chapel-Florida.html

I don't know what's more ironic, you being too dumb to use google or someone from Alabama trying to use trailer parks as an insult...or insulting any other state for that matter. One tornado and you are all homeless.

LOL, my location also says Tampa, dumbass, I am very familiar with Wiregrass Ranch and your shitty football team and perhaps you need to drive out the gate and look around if you really believe there are no trailers in Wesley Chapel. There are no parks because the land is so cheap in Pasco the rednecks just drop one of those turds anywhere.

Last edited:

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How does this make any sense at all...wouldn't that mean that SEC teams should drop less because they are playing FCS teams?

Alabama plays LSU, Miss St. and Auburn along with that FCS team, who does Boise have?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
531630_10200383610425306_678553387_n.jpg

My wife and I...dat der is a gen-u-wine Bee MMM double-U y'all.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, my location also says Tampa, dumbass, I am very familiar with Wiregrass Ranch and your shitty football team and perhaps you need to drive out the gate and look around if you really believe there are no trailers in Wesley Chapel. There are no parks because the land is so cheap in Pasco the rednecks just drop one of those turds anywhere.
I didnt stalk your location as I don't give a shit. There are no trailer parks in Wesley Chapel...there are trailer homes on property in some spots(reading comprehension again)...very few at all in my area. Our program is only in its 10th season. 4 coaches in 4 years. Coach Kantor is an excellent coach and has started the re-building process. I am a JV coach our program went from 26 kids to 44 since we started winning. We have 2500 kids we have the numbers to win.....10 sophomores starting on Varsity, our starting QB broke his leg, our starting running back tore his acl, 2nd guy broke 2 ribs...3rd guy tore his hamstring. We will be coming on strong in the next 2 years.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt stalk your location as I don't give a shit. There are no trailer parks in Wesley Chapel...there are trailer homes on property in some spots(reading comprehension again)...very few at all in my area. Our program is only in its 10th season. 4 coaches in 4 years. Coach Kantor is an excellent coach and has started the re-building process. I am a JV coach our program went from 26 kids to 44 since we started winning. We have 2500 kids we have the numbers to win.....10 sophomores starting on Varsity, our starting QB broke his leg, our starting running back tore his acl, 2nd guy broke 2 ribs...3rd guy tore his hamstring. We will be coming on strong in the next 2 years.
Land is cheap in Wesley Chapel? LOL you keep generalizing Pasco. Where the hell do you live? Hillsborough....the fucking ghetto...or Pinellis in the fucking ghetto. No im sure you live on Davis Island next to Jeter right.