• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assume no College Football - who gets screwed the most?

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okielite, gets hurt. WR, Wallace came back and the leading NCAA rusher, last year.

Thiefery

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okielite, gets hurt. WR, Wallace came back and the leading NCAA rusher, last year.
I hear you with that.. To me the best RB last season when healthy was Chubba. Still can't believe he's returning. Kid was still getting his yards even when Wallace was done and the QB got hurt.

Thing is, I think he may get banged up anyways again, if Gundy goes iso ball with him again. We'll see... But I do buy Chubba stock as a future NFL stud.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard an interesting comment from my cousin who is a full professor in chemistry at a major university. "The GPA's of a lot of players will drop like a rock if they aren't needed to play sports and their teachers stop giving them easier grading to help keep them eligible".
Bingo. Alabama WR in this years draft just scored a 9 on his Wonderlic test. Anything below a 10 and your dealing with someone who functions at a 3rd grade level or less. For someone of his age, your basically retarded. The lengths some of these programs go to not only academically accept them to the school, but also keep them "eligible" through at least 3 year years of school must be unreal.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL, is the answer to your question.

How in the hell do they draft next year, if no college season...Tea Leaves...Palm Readers...Crystal Balls?
WAG method.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bingo. Alabama WR in this years draft just scored a 9 on his Wonderlic test. Anything below a 10 and your dealing with someone who functions at a 3rd grade level or less. For someone of his age, your basically retarded. The lengths some of these programs go to not only academically accept them to the school, but also keep them "eligible" through at least 3 year years of school must be unreal.
IMO, IF universities accept/admit those you describe and they full well know they ain't too swift upstairs, then those universities have a moral obligation to do what they can to help those students succeed. They KNEW and still took accepted them so............

Problem is most of the universities aren't equipped to provide such students with preparation for the world of work if they won't make a living in their chosen sport. JUCOs have some certification programs that can prepare a kid to make of living without a lot of academia. Universities, not so much.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that's every year, right?
tenor.gif