• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Assassin's Creed Odyssey

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comes out October 5th. This one is set in Ancient Greece (before the events of the last game, Origins). It's also gonna be more RPG based and you can also choose which character to play as (male or female).

They announced the post launch content today.

There's going to be 2 DLC additions that are broken up into "episode" installments. One is about the first "assassin" to use the hidden blade, the other has to do with Atlantis. There will also be free "episodes" of story content along with a bunch of weekly additions. It's all part of Ubisoft's plan to give content to the game months after its initial release. They claim the story plus the additions will provide over 100 hours of gameplay.

I'm back in on the series after Origins was so good but I still think I'm going to wait for this to go on sale during Black Friday.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early buzz on this is that it's for people who liked Origins and Witcher 3. 60-100 hours of gameplay.

Where was this during spring and summer when no new games were coming out? This is probably 4th on my list of games to play this winter which means it's probably not going to get bought for awhile.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The early buzz on this is that it's for people who liked Origins and Witcher 3. 60-100 hours of gameplay.

Where was this during spring and summer when no new games were coming out? This is probably 4th on my list of games to play this winter which means it's probably not going to get bought for awhile.

Tell me about it. I could have used this the last couple of months. I'm still gonna buy it but RDR2 is my first priority so there's no telling how long it'll be before I actually play it. And considering both games have tons of gameplay, it might take me forever to finish this. 100 hrs is a shit ton of gameplay and I usually only get in about an hour to 1.5 hours a night tops.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The setting seems really cool. This is the type of game I won't get until it's half off though.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The setting seems really cool. This is the type of game I won't get until it's half off though.

It's what I did with Origins and will do with this one. Wait until Black Friday or a Christmas sale and the game is usually available for 30 to 35 bucks. Then pay for the DLC packs separate (usually between 10 to 20 bucks depending on how large the expansion is). When I did it this way for Origins, I ended up saving like 20 bucks over if I just bought the game with the season pass (all DLC included) at launch

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borrowing this from a friend of mine and really enjoying it.

It doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as RDR2 and the pace is a lot quicker.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Borrowing this from a friend of mine and really enjoying it.

It doesn't take itself nearly as seriously as RDR2 and the pace is a lot quicker.

I logged 90 hours of gameplay into it I think the story is better as the woman, I wouldn't recommend the DLC a huge waste of money

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I logged 90 hours of gameplay into it I think the story is better as the woman, I wouldn't recommend the DLC a huge waste of money
The genders have a different story?

I just picked the dude because the character models seemed a bit irrelevant because everyone looks chiseled and muscular.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The genders have a different story?

I just picked the dude because the character models seemed a bit irrelevant because everyone looks chiseled and muscular.

no its pretty much the same story but the male character along with his terrible voice acting turned me off during the game a lot of people said the woman character was smoother.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this would probably be my Game of the Year.

It has its flaws and it blatantly wants to be Ubisoft-Witcher but I'm okay with that. Lots of fun.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I finally bought it on sale and the damn bounty hunter keeps showing up to objectives I'm trying to complete and it's getting annoying. Outside of that, it feels less like the Assassin's Creed games I'm used to which isn't a bad thing. The combat is a million times less clunky than the last AC too which is nice.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kinda miss the hidden blade I mean what kind of assassin wears Spartan body armor and climb buildings holding a giant axe

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about 10-12 hours in... Just started a few weeks ago but rarely have time for it.

Has the same look & feel of Origins. Loving it.

I chose to play as Kassandra after reading lots of recommendations online. They were right. Alexios' voice gets tiresome after hearing it a few times.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It annoys me that they no longer allow AI pursuit onto the rooftops. Makes things too easy. I can simply climb a building and lob arrows at people all day long until every single person is dead. And thanks to the lazy-ass inventory crafting I don't even need to strategize refilling any consumables. I even watched a youtube video where someone killed a level 50 merc by doing this when they were only a level 24.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It annoys me that they no longer allow AI pursuit onto the rooftops. Makes things too easy. I can simply climb a building and lob arrows at people all day long until every single person is dead. And thanks to the lazy-ass inventory crafting I don't even need to strategize refilling any consumables. I even watched a youtube video where someone killed a level 50 merc by doing this when they were only a level 24.
Yeah, the roof is where you can do the most damage from my experience. Even if the get up then you can just get a big two handed club and beat enemies off the edge and watch them take massive fall damage.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the roof is where you can do the most damage from my experience. Even if the get up then you can just get a big two handed club and beat enemies off the edge and watch them take massive fall damage.
I think they are limited to the houses is all. Anything taller they cannot follow.

But most of the heavily reinforced areas always have a temple building in the center.

I also found that a cliff presents a very easy place to clear our animal dens. Most are in front of caves which have rocky faces. Just jump on one and snipe away.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And once you're done killing them all, you can just jump from the top of the building to the ground with no damage (if you're leveled up) or at the very least, it won't be fatal. Just dumb. It's a good game but some of the decisions they made are just silly and take away from it a bit

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And once you're done killing them all, you can just jump from the top of the building to the ground with no damage (if you're leveled up) or at the very least, it won't be fatal. Just dumb. It's a good game but some of the decisions they made are just silly and take away from it a bit
Yea I hated that as well. Great game like Origins, but they definitely nerfed the hell out of it to make it easier for some reason.

I do like the Merc & Cult systems. Especially how the more trouble you cause the more Mercs hunt you down. Although its pretty damn easy to hide from these Mercs lol. And correct me if I'm wrong, but do the Merc tiers refill with new people after a while?

And I think they over-did the Cultists. They tried awfully hard to make every single one of them unique in both their personalities & locations. But by the time you've killed off 10 of them you just stop caring about their dialogue & what not. And the clue finding can be a bit tacky.