• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Asian Tour Fall Victim to Fall Tennis

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is increasingly becoming clear, that the exhaustive and gruelling tennis schedule that the tours elite players consistently complain about has its victim in the Asian tour as most elite players in both WTA and ATP tour are withdrawing because of injuries or exhaustion. Andy Murray announced through friends' twitter that he is withdrawing from the ATP Asia tour he has already committed to playing. On the WTA side both Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova have withdrawn. Now this tennis board is going to be more boring than ever.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever....

If the top players are cowards who want to bitch about their tough schedule (I mean...Murray's only played 43 matches this year, how bad can it be), then let the guys who actually show some guts get some well-earned points and money.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever....

If the top players are cowards who want to bitch about their tough schedule (I mean...Murray's only played 43 matches this year, how bad can it be), then let the guys who actually show some guts get some well-earned points and money.

It has always been that way. They all know that when Nadal took extended absence from the tour to heal, he came back fresher and more potent. When an older Serena Williams went on a binge tour that culminated in the FO win it also tired her to the extent that she lost Wimbledon that she should have won. There is virtue in moderation. Let the up and coming step in as well as older folks like Federer who have fallen the ranking ladder to step in and improve their ranking.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind seeing the second tier players play for a change. You get to see who is up and coming.