• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

(As The) Story Goes to Boston.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6/$140M

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mistake..if ya ask..me..but no one did..lolol..they did not get far..last year..and they dont have swarbewr this..

i have not checked them out but i will............

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boston is getting old ...and decrepid....but not like...oakland....yet..and houston...will last....long

and tampa and toronto..will be the teams to beat...while yankees and boston...try to regain..the rogain..lolol

my wonderung was .. was answered ...here..so..ok then..

3B Jake Scheiner assigned to Seattle Mariners.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my biggest questions are manea

Sean Manaea
55i like cubs for him..and maybe a 3 left haned rotation..for this year...better to have fans..in the stands.
better to get somthing for him...than not...in the end..

start with miley
Wade Miley 20
Kyle Hendricks 28
Sean Manaea 55
Marcus Stroman 0
Justin Steele 35

its a decent rotation..if ya got nothing else...gives some dignity anyway..

Frankie Montas 47i like baltimore for him...with all left handed guys..they get a right handed one

Last edited:

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean for baltimore...ya gota give your guys achance...to winn the game..before it starts..come on man....

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t get it. Seattle has the money, and we have seen 6 year deals. With where they are with their budget, 4-6 year deals are perfect. They have a 3 year deal window right now with Kelenic, JRod, Raleigh, Gilbert, Kirby and Brash before they get a ridiculous pay raise or they have busted. With their budget the way it is they could’ve made a 4 year deal to Story or Bryant for 150 but front load the crap out of it. He got Ray, which is an A+, Winker puts them in pickle because he can’t play DH all the time because Haniger and Lewis. Suarez only on the team take the contract off the Reds and Frazier is a rental. Without question the offense is better but garbage, to how much better is a guessing game. The starters have gotten stronger but with Seward out they are banking the entire pen being solid is on 2 guys coming off of season ending surgeries. So offense got better, defensive downgraded, SP upgraded, but bullpen as of right now is a who the heck knows.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another deal they could have matched but chose not too.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I forgot to say on my rant he is going to play 2B. Wasn’t that supposedly an issue? Story wouldn’t turn them into WS contenders but if this off-season was doomed because Jerry said JP is their SS then something is messed up. They haven’t even converted Marte from SS yet and Jerry flat out said blocking people is a consideration, so their number 1 prospect (not counting JRod) is a SS which is a position Jerry says it set for the future so it’s kind of confusing.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I forgot to say on my rant he is going to play 2B. Wasn’t that supposedly an issue? Story wouldn’t turn them into WS contenders but if this off-season was doomed because Jerry said JP is their SS then something is messed up. They haven’t even converted Marte from SS yet and Jerry flat out said blocking people is a consideration, so their number 1 prospect (not counting JRod) is a SS which is a position Jerry says it set for the future so it’s kind of confusing.
There was an article somewhere saying Story had turned down an offer from us and we wanted him to play 3rd.

I think the position thing is hogwash for many reasons but I think the real issue seems to be years.

They wouldnt go above 5 years on at least Semien, Bryant and Story that I know of. Anyway Story still would have fit here fine even after the trade with the Reds.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t get it. Seattle has the money, and we have seen 6 year deals. With where they are with their budget, 4-6 year deals are perfect. They have a 3 year deal window right now with Kelenic, JRod, Raleigh, Gilbert, Kirby and Brash before they get a ridiculous pay raise or they have busted. With their budget the way it is they could’ve made a 4 year deal to Story or Bryant for 150 but front load the crap out of it. He got Ray, which is an A+, Winker puts them in pickle because he can’t play DH all the time because Haniger and Lewis. Suarez only on the team take the contract off the Reds and Frazier is a rental. Without question the offense is better but garbage, to how much better is a guessing game. The starters have gotten stronger but with Seward out they are banking the entire pen being solid is on 2 guys coming off of season ending surgeries. So offense got better, defensive downgraded, SP upgraded, but bullpen as of right now is a who the heck knows.
If you read the article I posted somewhere, we didn't take Suarez as a salary dump, we added him to the deal at our request.

And yes we had the money for 3 more top end and we pulled a Mariners. It doesn't even phase me anymore.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you read the article I posted somewhere, we didn't take Suarez as a salary dump, we added him to the deal at our request.

And yes we had the money for 3 more top end and we pulled a Mariners. It doesn't even phase me anymore.
If that truly is the case then it is a massive fail. I read it but maybe I was annoyed with the trade being called a victory that I skimmed. If it was anything other than you can have this guy only if you take this guy then Jerry got played. They gave up two “big leaguers” plus a top prospect for a a stud who can’t play from the 7-9th inning and a Dan Vogelbach.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an article somewhere saying Story had turned down an offer from us and we wanted him to play 3rd.

I think the position thing is hogwash for many reasons but I think the real issue seems to be years.

They wouldnt go above 5 years on at least Semien, Bryant and Story that I know of. Anyway Story still would have fit here fine even after the trade with the Reds.
If he didn’t want to play 3rd the Mariners literally have a hole at the same position he is going to play for Boston. I know they got Frazier but he isn’t a long term player. If Haniger has been resigned then ok I could have some faith but Jerry hasn’t been able to attract an above average position player and the only one I could think of he resigned was Segura and he was gone within a couple of months.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that truly is the case then it is a massive fail. I read it but maybe I was annoyed with the trade being called a victory that I skimmed. If it was anything other than you can have this guy only if you take this guy then Jerry got played. They gave up two “big leaguers” plus a top prospect for a a stud who can’t play from the 7-9th inning and a Dan Vogelbach.
It came from the Assistant GM for M's so I believe it. They love the guy. Maybe they will be right on that call. I am surprised by it and the way it went down, but it is Mariners so...

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am lost why are we so bent on signing story? I know the Mariners have cap but we have a lot of potential mega stars that will want to be paid come arbitration time so I don't see why we need to spend all this money signing players to 6-8 year deals. We still have JP who has a great glove and the 2 position on defense that you would want to have good fielding is CF and SS so I think JP has value and from what Trevor did at the plate last year I wouldnt give up on JP who was a top 10 fielding SS last season.

Also someone once told me to watch out for players coming from Colorado with the air so thin there. You have to check their home vs away stats and Story hitting at home and what he does in away ball parks is a mega gap difference Even Nolan Arenado who had a pretty good year isnt putting up the number he did with the Rockies. I think Trevor wanted to go to Boston because Atleast it was a hitter friendly park.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.69
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
boston is getting old ...and decrepid....but not like...oakland....yet..and houston...will last....long

and tampa and toronto..will be the teams to beat...while yankees and boston...try to regain..the rogain..lolol

my wonderung was .. was answered ...here..so..ok then..
Odd isn't it? The old, decrepit Red Sox are 6-0 in the Grapefruit league so far. The veterans haven't played all that much. Pitching staff is competing for spots and yet an opinion three thousand miles from Fort Meyers has validity? Other than JD and Sale, who else is old? To me their all kids, even at 35 their less than half my age.