• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article on Offensive Woes

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our most potent offensive weapons feel ineffective and alienated. Ultimately all of the responsibility for that rests with Harbaugh. He can fix it all Sunday but he won't.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our most potent offensive weapons feel ineffective and alienated. Ultimately all of the responsibility for that rests with Harbaugh. He can fix it all Sunday but he won't.

Unfortunately, there is no easy fix at this point.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice article and great post. I fully concur that it will be terrible if the Niners let harbaugh because of one poor season. He needs to change some things for 2015, but he has proven himself.

Unfortunately, it isn't really about performance. It didn't start that way, but it just adds fuel to those that want to see him gone.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Boldin, Crabtree, and Johnson are all much better working the short and intermediate areas of the defense. None of them have the speed to stretch the defense vertically, and all of them struggle to consistently separate from man coverage. As a result, secondaries can cheat up. Safeties move closer to the line of scrimmage, making it easier to help against the run, as well as jump underneath throwing lanes. Cornerbacks don’t need to provide any cushion, allowing them to overplay shorter routes because they’re unafraid of getting beat over the top.

To make matters worse, drops have plagued this unit when any of them manage to get open. According to Pro Football Focus, the only quarterback that’s seen more of his passes dropped than Colin Kaepernick (30) this season is Andrew Luck (36), and Luck has attempted 135 more passes. Davis, Crabtree, and Boldin have all dropped at least 10 percent of passes thrown their direction. Since Kaepernick took over as the starter, the only other Niners’ receiver with 20-plus targets to have a drop rate of at least 10 percent was Delanie Walker, which should tell you all you need to know about the struggles this group has had hanging on to the ball.

I like these two paragraphs, nothing we didn't already know but still interesting. We've been on Kaep the most but he hasn't been helped at WR.

Just can't see us re-signing Crabtree (yeah, another wasted HIGH draft pick) and who knows if Boldin will remain?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin, Crabtree, and Johnson are all much better working the short and intermediate areas of the defense. None of them have the speed to stretch the defense vertically, and all of them struggle to consistently separate from man coverage. As a result, secondaries can cheat up. Safeties move closer to the line of scrimmage, making it easier to help against the run, as well as jump underneath throwing lanes. Cornerbacks don’t need to provide any cushion, allowing them to overplay shorter routes because they’re unafraid of getting beat over the top.

To make matters worse, drops have plagued this unit when any of them manage to get open. According to Pro Football Focus, the only quarterback that’s seen more of his passes dropped than Colin Kaepernick (30) this season is Andrew Luck (36), and Luck has attempted 135 more passes. Davis, Crabtree, and Boldin have all dropped at least 10 percent of passes thrown their direction. Since Kaepernick took over as the starter, the only other Niners’ receiver with 20-plus targets to have a drop rate of at least 10 percent was Delanie Walker, which should tell you all you need to know about the struggles this group has had hanging on to the ball.

I like these two paragraphs, nothing we didn't already know but still interesting. We've been on Kaep the most but he hasn't been helped at WR.

Just can't see us re-signing Crabtree (yeah, another wasted HIGH draft pick) and who knows if Boldin will remain?

That is why I didn't understand why the Niners didn't draft a WR in the first three rounds. Last year's draft was deep at WR.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is why I didn't understand why the Niners didn't draft a WR in the first three rounds. Last year's draft was deep at WR.

just out of curiosity.........knowing what you know now, who would you have drafted at what spot? Assume we stood pat at all our draft spots, in the first three rounds.

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
just out of curiosity.........knowing what you know now, who would you have drafted at what spot? Assume we stood pat at all our draft spots, in the first three rounds.

I know you're asking AU_Fever on this but if it's OK, I would like to put in my choice... If the Niners stood pat on all their picks for rounds 1 to 3, Martavis Bryant would have been available for the Niners with their 4 round pick (106th overall) .... The Steelers used their 4 rd (118th overall) for Bryant... The Niners used this pick for Bruce Ellington

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know you're asking AU_Fever on this but if it's OK, I would like to put in my choice... If the Niners stood pat on all their picks for rounds 1 to 3, Martavis Bryant would have been available for the Niners with their 4 round pick (106th overall) .... The Steelers used their 4 rd (118th overall) for Bryant... The Niners used this pick for Bruce Ellington

your opinion is fine, but he did say first 3 rounds.

within 3 rounds makes it all the more interesting cause who do you remove? the obvious choice would be Brandon Thomas but didn't he have 1st round talent?

FourBeeDen

Semi Lurker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
your opinion is fine, but he did say first 3 rounds.

within 3 rounds makes it all the more interesting cause who do you remove? the obvious choice would be Brandon Thomas but didn't he have 1st round talent?

Thomas would have been my choice too since the Niners still had Johnathan Martin and Carter Bykoski as backup tackles. Thomas has yet to play a down in the NFL due to injuries...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@timkawakami: Harbaugh's general set-up: Roman called 1st-2nd-down plays, Solari called short-yardage, Morton called 3rd-down passes & Chryst Red Zone...

Wow that's way to much going on. Also Chryst calling the red zone and how bad we were in red zone is a bit alarming.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For 49ers offense to work out like Seattle's, Kaepernick needs to take way less hits, & be smart about when to keep the ball & when to run. That's the only way the 49ers will be successful. Seattle's offense works like it does because Russell Wilson makes smart decisions.

This weekend I was just watching some old 49ers games from last season. I seem to think there will be a lot less pre-snap movement on offense this season.