• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Article from Damien Cox: Kovalchuk controversy isn’t about to go away

devils30mb

King "Marty" Kong
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is a link to the article with his view point on the whole Kovy contraversy.
Cox: Kovalchuk controversy isn?t about to go away - thestar.com

I know it is his point of view but some things make you go hmmm?

For one, the devils only put out that Kovy was a healthy scratch and nothing more and made people speculate what went on. Then the bit came out with him missing a meeting and supposedly everything is over and behind them. But it still leaves you wondering if it is more and like Cox said, did they get a "problem man child"?

People talk about how the chemistry isn't there, but the core group has been here and played well together for years. Line juggling to fit Kovy in may be a minor distraction, but the core group should be able to keep consistant play and get it done. Yes you can bring in the arguement that a new coach is in town and he is trying to adjust the players to his style of play, but that is where professionalism on the part of the players should come into play and the vets to lead the way.

The other point is that Cox said, is why are the devils and Kovy keeping things silent? Is it because of their slump and feel that the team is fragile right now? Like what Cox said, I think that the Devils should have come out and stated that team policy dictates that anyone who misses a meeting will be penalized and that is the rules, which makes Devils hockey successful and made them champions.

I do think it is more than just a missed meeting and believe there is tension in the locker room behind closed doors. Until results start changing on the ice, we can only speculate what might be "rotting behind close doors of Devils".

Indian Chief

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winning cures all ills, remember that. People talk about chemistry when teams are losing, but when they are prolific winners no one cares. And yes, I realize it is a chicken/egg situation. If you win you have good chemistry, and if you lose you have bad chemistry.

As for the rest of it, I do agree that it appears that something is going on, but since we aren't in the locker room, who knows?

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're keeping things silent because thats what we always do, isnt it? We're the Devils, we place the team before the players regardless of who it is. And I'll stay a fan until that way changes. We're always mum on all of our workings and I like it better that way.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
TG said that Ilya's never been late for a practice all year. I don't think this is a recurring problem.

He wants to win so badly. You can tell by his reactions when he scores. That's the real key.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TG said that Ilya's never been late for a practice all year. I don't think this is a recurring problem.

He wants to win so badly. You can tell by his reactions when he scores. That's the real key.

Hmm, what are his reactions when someone else scores? I think that may be a better indication than when he scores himself.