• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Arizona @ Seattle 1pm Fox

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent read all the comments, but weird game. I had a final score prediction of 27-9. My old man thought it was going to be 30-20, and I thought he was nuts with such a high score for AZ. They had only topped 20 points 3 times all year. But 2 blocked punts and 3 short fields later...…weird. They had 1 scoring drive where they crossed the 50 I believe. Our OL got owned pretty bad most of the day, uncharacteristically (for this year anyhow).

Anyway, you take the W and move on. I'm happy with 10 wins any way they come in a year where we were supposed to get no more than 7 or 8.

On to Dallas!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The drops were aggravating yesterday. You know it's a weird day when Baldwin has one slip through his hands. On the other side, it seemed the Cards were making tough catch after tough catch.

Didn't get a good view in the stadium of the one Fitz had on the sideline that was ruled incomplete, challenged, and upheld. What did it look like on tv?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't get a good view in the stadium of the one Fitz had on the sideline that was ruled incomplete, challenged, and upheld. What did it look like on tv?

If there was nothing called on the field and they went to a replay, I would've probably ruled it a catch... It's odd there were so many calls yesterday that didn't get overruled due to replay not showing enough evidence to do so... Whatever was called on the field is what stood... David Johnson TD run at the GL was another one...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Havent read all the comments, but weird game. I had a final score prediction of 27-9. My old man thought it was going to be 30-20, and I thought he was nuts with such a high score for AZ. They had only topped 20 points 3 times all year. But 2 blocked punts and 3 short fields later...…weird. They had 1 scoring drive where they crossed the 50 I believe. Our OL got owned pretty bad most of the day, uncharacteristically (for this year anyhow).

Anyway, you take the W and move on. I'm happy with 10 wins any way they come in a year where we were supposed to get no more than 7 or 8.

On to Dallas!

Could've been even worse had that fumble by RW that was returned for a TD stand... 14 pt differential on that sequence... Instead of the fumble, 4 plays later, we're in their end zone instead... That was the 2nd game this year where our ST's basically had allowed the other team to stay in the game or win it... Like you said, Zona's offense didn't do much of anything yesterday... ST's is what kept them in the game...

On to Dallas is right... I was happy that we basically came out of the game w/ not significant injuries... Griffin ankle sprain didn't look too serious... At least I hope not because we're going to need him up against Cooper next week....

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday just seemed really vanilla from a play calling standpoint, and then you match that up with a melt down from special teams and you get a last second FG for the win. Like previously mentioned it seemed like the Hawks wanted to get reps for the healthy players available without exposing them to injuries except Russ was getting killed. This game felt similar to one of the first two this season even thought they got the W. All being said, these boys are ready to roll and yesterday didn’t change my thoughts of who they are heading into Dallas next week. The O-line will be healthier for sitting some this week, the run game is ready to pounce, and after watching Dak sail ball after ball yesterday I think our D is going to have opportunity to grab the ball. Never take a matchup for granted, but if we had to matchup with anyone anywhere Dallas is where we should be. So stoked to have a playoff game again!

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This game was like my army days where I was banging a supermodel only to find out after I woke up
I find that hilarious but I've been drinking so....

And was was (still) drinking when I posted that. Seemed like a good idea at the time....

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is extremely hard to go year after year with double digit wins. Yet we have done just that 6 of the last 7 seasons and if we had a kicker last year we would be doing it 7 straight seasons. Prior to Pete Carroll taking over the team, the Seahawks in their entire history only had four seasons with double digit wins. Two by Knox and two by Holmgren. And never back to back. With all the new players, all the losses of really good players, this double digit winning season is special

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really hard for a team to be their very best every week. The elite teams are the only ones who can do that. Our team still has a lot of young players learning how to play at a high level every week. The Cardinals game had many challenges. This young team was coming off the extreme high of beating the Chiefs, making the playoffs just to have a couple of days off to celebrate Christmas. Combine that with playing a game against the worst team in the league when you really have nothing to play for. Our preparation was just not where it needed to be, a great learning experience for our young players of just how much harder things are if you take anything lightly in this league

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is really hard for a team to be their very best every week. The elite teams are the only ones who can do that. Our team still has a lot of young players learning how to play at a high level every week. The Cardinals game had many challenges. This young team was coming off the extreme high of beating the Chiefs, making the playoffs just to have a couple of days off to celebrate Christmas. Combine that with playing a game against the worst team in the league when you really have nothing to play for. Our preparation was just not where it needed to be, a great learning experience for our young players of just how much harder things are if you take anything lightly in this league
Yep, that first sentence is so true and will be so long as this game is played by humans. I like to look at it as a week to week league. We give the AFC's top seed their worst loss of the season last week, then yesterday barely beat the worst team in the NFL. That's just the way this league is, and it's set up to pull the bottom teams up and make it hard for the top teams to stay there.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could've been even worse had that fumble by RW that was returned for a TD stand... 14 pt differential on that sequence... Instead of the fumble, 4 plays later, we're in their end zone instead... That was the 2nd game this year where our ST's basically had allowed the other team to stay in the game or win it... Like you said, Zona's offense didn't do much of anything yesterday... ST's is what kept them in the game...

The David Johnson was the 2 pt conversion after the blocked punt for TD I believe. It looked like he was probably stopped short, but like you say not enough there to overturn the original call. Shouldn't be all that hard to get some better camera angles that include goal line shots. Brutal ST in 2 of the last 3, gotta get cleaned up.

On to Dallas is right... I was happy that we basically came out of the game w/ not significant injuries... Griffin ankle sprain didn't look too serious... At least I hope not because we're going to need him up against Cooper next week....

PC was on 710 this morning like usual on Mondays, had encouraging news on Fluker, Tedric Thompson, and Dion Jordan for Saturday vs Dallas. Sweezy may be a game time decision but seems optimistic on him. On Shaquill, Pete said we would have to wait and see. All in all, a positive health report I think.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, that first sentence is so true and will be so long as this game is played by humans..

We has fans sometimes forget that... Reminds me of that scene in the movie, "Fever Pitch", where the fans are sitting at the bar drinking their sorrows away and upset the Sox were down 0-3 to the Yankees... Then they see J. Damon, J. Veritek and T Nixon eating dinner joking around and laughing w/ one another and the fans couldn't believe it... Then Jimmy Fallon gets a revelation and brings things into perspective, while acknowledging that it's just a game...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious to see how they're going to use Penny... Carson and Davis are one cut, plant your foot and hit the hole... Penny tends to be more like SA and dance a bit while taking the edges very well... Carson/Davis fit the blocking scheme better here, which is why they tend to be more productive so far... Carson/Davis were carving it up and then inserts Penny and he basically has 2 runs for 1 yard... Seems like he didn't get another touch after that... Wonder if Pete wasn't very happy w/ him...