• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Fall League (2024)

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just returned from Phoenix. It was 103 degrees on Monday. Today the high was a more tolerable 82 degrees.

Saw three Scottsdale Scorpions games. Some observations.

1) Eldridge is pretty agressive at the plate. Seems like he think he can hit anything. In today's game he was 2-5 with a double (his 2nd) and a two run homer (his 1st). But he had three strikeouts. I am not worried about his hitting, he's only 19 and will improve. I am alarmed by his defense. In Tuesday's game at Mesa, he flat out missed catching several throws to first base. They were not easy throws to catch, but he kind of did the Ole swipe at them. A few weeks with JT Snow may help him. He's young, but he is not a good fielder at first. The second game I saw had him DH, so no more observations there.

2) Szykowny is hitting .333 early in the AFL. He was 2-4 yesterday. He looks comfortable at 3rd and made an outstanding grab and throw to 1st. He looks promising.

3) Lansdale pitched three innings for the save and looked really sharp. Not overpowering, He had 4 K's.

4) Cavanaugh is a catcher, one of three on the Scorpions. They are rotating them each game. Today Cavanaugh 3-5 with two runs scored. He did allow a steal of 2nd and a steal of 3rd (not same player). He's hitting .444 in a SSS.

5) Davidson today was 0-2 with a run scored, an RBI (sac fly) and two walks. He's hitting .250 so far.

6) Johnson, M has a 5.40 ERA, but today pitched a scoreless inning, but it was an adventure. He gave up a walk and a single, but in between struck out 3.

The AFL season is barely a week old, 8 games played. It was good to see the lads in person. Will try and keep track of them for you.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Keith Law at the Athletic this morning.

Giants infielder Bryce Eldridge has struggled both ways as well, and he might be exhausted after a long season that saw him play at four levels and rack up over 500 PA. He looks bad at first base and he’s had trouble with fastballs in the zone, middle and middle-up. He’s 19 and doesn’t need to be here after the season he had, where he had success in High A and Double A and got plenty of reps.

I think exhaustion may be part of it.