• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Arizona Fall League 2021

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be in Arizona from 11/9-11/15, and will watch the Fall Stars game on the 13th

Giants have eight good prospects playing, should be fun!

The Giant Futures article is by former Mouse Board mod, BruteSentiment. Brute was/is a good guy, and very knowledgeable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"They’ll be joined by prospects from the Cleveland Indians, the Tampa Bay Rays, Boston Red Sox, and the Minnesota Twins."

Usually, the Scorpions have players from the Mets, the Phillies, the Braves, and Toronto. Different this year. It has been fun watching Bichette, Vlad Jr, Alonso, etc who have turned into legit stars. This Giants team is stacked.

Last edited:

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be in Arizona from 11/9-11/15, and will watch the Fall Stars game on the 13th

The Giant Futures article is by former Mouse Board mod, BruteSentiment. Brute was/is a good guy, and very knowledgeable.

I guess Santos' suspension doesn't count in the AFL. Waites and Bishop missed most of the season due to injuries so it is especially necessary for them to get some time in this fall.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't know much about Dabovich or Waites...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know much about Dabovich or Waites...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like you will be getting there just after a brawl occurred.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you will be getting there just after a brawl occurred.

LOL

Bailey runs like I run…

”Shit. I have run? I really don’t WANT to run, but I kinda have to make it look like I am running. Ouch. I hate running.”

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Bailey runs like I run…

”Shit. I have run? I really don’t WANT to run, but I kinda have to make it look like I am running. Ouch. I hate running.”
There may be a reason he chose to be a catcher and not an outfielder.

Edit: You watch the play and he doesn't appear to set up anywhere close to where the pitch was thrown. Maybe he wasn't too fond of the pitcher so he took his time to get to the mound for more than one reason.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There may be a reason he chose to be a catcher and not an outfielder.

Edit: You watch the play and he doesn't appear to set up anywhere close to where the pitch was thrown. Maybe he wasn't too fond of the pitcher so he took his time to get to the mound for more than one reason.
I suspect there is very little “team building” in the AFL. 25 Ubers are likely called after each game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ended my week in the Valley of the Sun by watching the Fall Stars game. Some observations/stories.

1) Hunter Bishop looked very good. He is coming back from an injury. He played a good CF tonight, and hit an oppo home run to RF.

2) Luciano was not voted onto the All Star team. His has struggled at the plate, and in the few games I watched, his attention seemed to wonder. In the last game, he was 2-3 with 2 RBI. Both hits were line drive singles up the middle. Though he has struggled, he has held his own as one of the youngest players here.

3) Bailey has looked like a legit catcher. He calls a good game. He has a decent arm. His bat was good. He is not ahead of Bart, but he is closing in, I think. We'll see what he does at higher levels.

4) I saw Seth Corry pitch a few days ago. He was not overpowering, but he struck out five in three innings, and walked no one while allowing only one hit.

5) Santos came into that game to close down a late rally, and was electric . The dude has big league stuff.

6) Wilson has really scuffled at the plate and in the field. He has played 2b, ss, and 3b. He does not look good at 3b. I believe he is hitting about .100 in the fall league, and perhaps that is weighing on him. He does appear somewhat lost at the plate.

8) I have not see Dabovich pitch, so no report.

9) My son flew in from LA on Thursday, and we caught the evening game, Peoria at Scottsdale. It was a terrible game for Scottsdale. The catcher (not Bailey) wound up throwing to 2nd to catch a runner stealing, and his throw barely made it past the mound before hitting the ground. A couple of batters later, the batter struck out (he was a lefty), and he returned to the dugout by crossing in front of the plate. The catcher, as is the custom, tried to throw the ball to third, and wound up throwing it right into the batting helmet of the batter. Ouch. I think Scottsdale was credited with four errors on the game, but it could have been eight.

10) We went to the evening game Friday at Salt River Field (a beautiful park). We were sitting pretty far down the 1st base line. A foul ball landed about 10 feet to our right, bounced under a seat, ricocheted off a hand rail, and rolled down the row of seats right into my hand. The funny thing was that there were about 10 kids scrambling after every foul ball. They looked for about 30 seconds, getting quite frantic knowing that the ball had to be there somewhere. I finally relented and held the ball up saying, "Oh, look! I got it!" I wonder how long they would have looked.

11) At tonight's game, a foul ball headed into the second row of seats, just out of reach of the 1b. A kid closed his eyes and stuck out his glove, and he caught it! He was surprised. The 1b was surprised, too. And then the kid offered the ball back to the 1b, as if the 1b needed the ball to continue playing. The kid got a nice ovation, and a pat on the head from the 1b.

12) Overall, a pleasant week. Crowds ranged from 600 on a day game to about 2,000 at the Fall Stars game tonight, though I never caught the actual attendance. The hats from each team were redesigned, and the Salt River hats look pretty cool. The Glendale (Dodger) hats are orange and black! The Scottsdale hats (Giants) were red and black.

13) I didn't see all the games, but Bryson Stott (SS- PHI) looked really impressive in the games I saw of him. He his a two run homer tonight at the Fall Stars game.

14) No games tomorrow, and I fly home on Monday. If you have never been to the AFL, I highly recommend it. Relaxed, informal, good games (mostly), interaction with the players, lots of scouts and coaches to speak to (when they are not "working"), the weather is nice, and it is a lot cheaper than Spring Training. And there are always future stars here. (I think it was 2018 when Vlad Jr, Pete Alonso, Bichette Jr, etc were here.) Aaron Judge played here.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ended my week in the Valley of the Sun by watching the Fall Stars game. Some observations/stories.

1) Hunter Bishop looked very good. He is coming back from an injury. He played a good CF tonight, and hit an oppo home run to RF.

2) Luciano was not voted onto the All Star team. His has struggled at the plate, and in the few games I watched, his attention seemed to wonder. In the last game, he was 2-3 with 2 RBI. Both hits were line drive singles up the middle. Though he has struggled, he has held his own as one of the youngest players here.

3) Bailey has looked like a legit catcher. He calls a good game. He has a decent arm. His bat was good. He is not ahead of Bart, but he is closing in, I think. We'll see what he does at higher levels.

4) I saw Seth Corry pitch a few days ago. He was not overpowering, but he struck out five in three innings, and walked no one while allowing only one hit.

5) Santos came into that game to close down a late rally, and was electric . The dude has big league stuff.

6) Wilson has really scuffled at the plate and in the field. He has played 2b, ss, and 3b. He does not look good at 3b. I believe he is hitting about .100 in the fall league, and perhaps that is weighing on him. He does appear somewhat lost at the plate.

8) I have not see Dabovich pitch, so no report.

9) My son flew in from LA on Thursday, and we caught the evening game, Peoria at Scottsdale. It was a terrible game for Scottsdale. The catcher (not Bailey) wound up throwing to 2nd to catch a runner stealing, and his throw barely made it past the mound before hitting the ground. A couple of batters later, the batter struck out (he was a lefty), and he returned to the dugout by crossing in front of the plate. The catcher, as is the custom, tried to throw the ball to third, and wound up throwing it right into the batting helmet of the batter. Ouch. I think Scottsdale was credited with four errors on the game, but it could have been eight.

10) We went to the evening game Friday at Salt River Field (a beautiful park). We were sitting pretty far down the 1st base line. A foul ball landed about 10 feet to our right, bounced under a seat, ricocheted off a hand rail, and rolled down the row of seats right into my hand. The funny thing was that there were about 10 kids scrambling after every foul ball. They looked for about 30 seconds, getting quite frantic knowing that the ball had to be there somewhere. I finally relented and held the ball up saying, "Oh, look! I got it!" I wonder how long they would have looked.

11) At tonight's game, a foul ball headed into the second row of seats, just out of reach of the 1b. A kid closed his eyes and stuck out his glove, and he caught it! He was surprised. The 1b was surprised, too. And then the kid offered the ball back to the 1b, as if the 1b needed the ball to continue playing. The kid got a nice ovation, and a pat on the head from the 1b.

12) Overall, a pleasant week. Crowds ranged from 600 on a day game to about 2,000 at the Fall Stars game tonight, though I never caught the actual attendance. The hats from each team were redesigned, and the Salt River hats look pretty cool. The Glendale (Dodger) hats are orange and black! The Scottsdale hats (Giants) were red and black.

13) I didn't see all the games, but Bryson Stott (SS- PHI) looked really impressive in the games I saw of him. He his a two run homer tonight at the Fall Stars game.

14) No games tomorrow, and I fly home on Monday. If you have never been to the AFL, I highly recommend it. Relaxed, informal, good games (mostly), interaction with the players, lots of scouts and coaches to speak to (when they are not "working"), the weather is nice, and it is a lot cheaper than Spring Training. And there are always future stars here. (I think it was 2018 when Vlad Jr, Pete Alonso, Bichette Jr, etc were here.) Aaron Judge played here.
Thanks for the breakdown! It would be interesting to see how previous Giants' prospects handled the AFL and how that translated to big league success (or lack thereof). Of course, past players weren't always top prospects, so that may not be a good standard of measurement.

I thought you were sticking around until the 15th, No games tomorrow or Monday?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the breakdown! It would be interesting to see how previous Giants' prospects handled the AFL and how that translated to big league success (or lack thereof). Of course, past players weren't always top prospects, so that may not be a good standard of measurement.

I thought you were sticking around until the 15th, No games tomorrow or Monday?
They don’t play on Sundays. My plane leaves around 1:00, so can’t catch the Monday game. Will visit a college buddy tomorrow.

as I recall, Aramis Garcia did well here. I think it helped Duggar. Beede was a bust in the AFL.