• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you ready to give up on Aaron Rodgers

Hmmm?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vote & discuss

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in Packers season thread couple of days ago...

I am torn on what Packers should do... QBs like Rodgers do not come along very often so playoff chances most likely gone if he leaves. But can Rodgers get back to the Super Bowl unless surrounded by team like he had in 2021 (plus a decent special teams). Do not see how they can keep Rodgers, Adams and this defense with salary cap situation... something has to give.

So I voted other (indifferent)....

If he comes back, hope it is with vision he needs some team discount if he wants another Super Bowl title in Green Bay, because Packers cannot bring back everyone... the team is going to have a reboot to some degree.

If he goes, probably thinks he has no chance in GB to get another title (or money very important) and the rebuild starts earlier than expected.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to have him be the QB despite playoff failures, but you know being a “spoiled fan base” for having two HOF QB’s back to back, I sure don’t feel spoiled at all.

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

packerzrule

Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in Packers season thread couple of days ago...

So I voted other (indifferent)....

If he comes back, hope it is with vision he needs some team discount if he wants another Super Bowl title in Green Bay, because Packers cannot bring back everyone... the team is going to have a reboot to some degree.

If he goes, probably thinks he has no chance in GB to get another title (or money very important) and the rebuild starts earlier than expected.

True that. Even though he has earned the max extensions when given, if he really wanted his team to win I would have hoped he would have taken less so that more can be spent on his teammates.

His self centered selfishness, especially during the last 18 months, has worn completely thin on me. If he really doesn't want to play for the Packers, then let's get something for him while we still can.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True that. Even though he has earned the max extensions when given, if he really wanted his team to win I would have hoped he would have taken less so that more can be spent on his teammates.

His self centered selfishness, especially during the last 18 months, has worn completely thin on me. If he really doesn't want to play for the Packers, then let's get something for him while we still can.
I agree 100%. Brady took less to get players around him, seems AR wants to get the money truck loaded with cash.

If he goes, I hope they trade him before next year ends when he becomes a free agent. That said, Jordan Love is NOT the next best thing. Maybe they can swing a deal with a team and get a QB. I have heard Denver is a landing spot but don't know enough about Locke. I wouldn't mind Derek Carr but I don't know if Vegas is in the trading market.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love to have him be the QB despite playoff failures, but you know being a “spoiled fan base” for having two HOF QB’s back to back, I sure don’t feel spoiled at all.

I grew up with Packers of 70s and 80s listening to my dad, uncles and grandparents all talking about the "glory years" of the Packers and how it would never return. I will never feel spoiled as a Packers fan unless Packers land next Tom Brady who goes out and wins 5-6 Super Bowls for the team.

Think Bob Harlan saved Packers and staying in Green Bay... saw that it was a "big business" (organization, infrastructure, bottom line, vision) and needed to run like a big business to compete. I believe having no owner to curtail to their whims and pocket book allows Packers organization to focus on what needs to be done to remain competitive and thus thrive financially. We have had 2 HOF QBs last 30 years.. but also drafted Brunell and Hasselback... I think they also could have gotten Packers to a Super Bowl.

My expectation is Packers will continue to be a model franchise... maybe no HOF QB, but do not see Packers fans suffering as we did in the 70/80s again (exception something happens with revenue sharing and this becomes like baseball).

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree 100%. Brady took less to get players around him, seems AR wants to get the money truck loaded with cash.

If he goes, I hope they trade him before next year ends when he becomes a free agent. That said, Jordan Love is NOT the next best thing. Maybe they can swing a deal with a team and get a QB. I have heard Denver is a landing spot but don't know enough about Locke. I wouldn't mind Derek Carr but I don't know if Vegas is in the trading market.
This Brady argument always makes me chuckle. 1. He's the absolute exception to the rule. Nobody takes payouts like this
2. His wife is worth half a billion dollars, kind of explains why he takes payouts and can afford too compared to every other "elite" level QB we've seen

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the post season choke artist leaves the team then so be it. That said, GB has more issues than losing Rodgers. For one, they cant win without him which is why they get knocked out of the playoffs every year. This year it was the special teams failing game after game and giving up the TD against the 9ers etc etc. Most of the playoff losses have been because of the defense but i think we also need to put the blame on Rodgers and the offense. Personally, i think once the pressure of post season is on, Rodgers under performs and 9 times out of 10 they lose because this organization has put all their eggs in one basket.

If he goes, i believe they will competing for a top 5 draft pick every year and if he stays we may see the same results.

Sweetswingingsammysosa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is why is this even a question? Why would you give up on arguably the greatest QB in NFL history after coming off consecutive MVP awards after being left for dead in 2019 where his injuries and fundamentals looked sloppy and his decision making was always go deep instead of taking the check down pass especially the last years of Fatty as the HC.

If anything Packers fans should want Rodgers to be on this team more than ever dude is an absolute legend and loyal to a fault as he should've bailed a long time ago as he had to put up with the dumbest HC for over a decade along with mostly terrible defenses and SPT's.