• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are you okay with the BIG 10 changing the rules to allow tOSU in the their Championship?

Are you okay with the BIG 10 changing the rules to allow tOSU in the their Championship?

• Yes I'm okay with them changing the rules.

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Yes I'm okay with them changing the rules because of COVID and this years challenges.

Votes: 21 35.0%
  • No

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • No, I dispise them and am choosing no out of spite.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • They call me tater salad.

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NW plays old fashioned slogball. That works fine against most of the West, but tOSU will run by them and then over them.
Agree. And the game will be indoors on turf. The Buckeyes will display too much speed which NW simply can't keep up with. If this was outdoors with inclement weather, it possibly could be different?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They will not view beating a NW/Iowa as something that is worth more than beating Alabama & Oklahoma. I don't know what is so tough to accept something so simple. If you already believe that having a CCG is something that is more beneficiary than not then it wouldn't matter what you say here, because it's all contradictory. This year being different isn't relevant either, the Committee looks at results and make decisions at what they think is objective. Everything you say is hypothetical, especially the question in context was absolute.

Watching your responses is pretty funny, I got to admit.

l o l
I do see where you're coming, I have seen cases for OSU to be in the playoffs for every year except in 2015. Every. Single. Year. The whole point of this debate was that I thought the decision of pure money and recognition was a very decision of the Big Ten, especially when it was clear as day they wouldn't make this choice for any other team aside from Michigan, Penn State, and maybe Wisconsin on a regular basis.

Good luck on convincing the world on how defeating a 2 win Wisconsin team is superior to defeating the #1 ranked team in the nation in a hypothetical scenario.

You're an actual idiot. Like no seriously, a legit idiot. Sorry for the insult, but there's a time where you gotta pull out that word. You want to act pretentious while simultaneously forgetting the context of both incidents nor the context of your question? Fine by me, all you're doing is making yourself look like a joke. Wait a minute...idiot...joke...Ohio fan...Browns as preference? All adds up.

Hey bud, this is what you said:

6-1>5-1 as a conference record
You probably mistyped or whatever, but I don't care.
as usual, in order of your irrational......

*I agree IF UF had beaten Bama and had 1 loss (which cannot happen now) that means more than beating NW or Iowa. But this just goes back to your comprehension issue as no one said otherwise. All I ever said was the committee could look the same for OSU beating Iowa and not winning BIG as they would beating NW and winning BIG. Please read that until it sinks in or use a lifeline for help.

*If you find it funny I keep showing where you are irrational and/or show off your lack of reading skills that's cool I guess.

* you were doing so well until the last line. You just cannot accept the idea a team like Indiana, Iowa or, yes, even Rutgers could be in OSUs situation. IF they were no reason to believe BIG does not make the same decision as more likely the CFP would select those team if undefeated AND a win over 1-loss OSU.

*Ugh..back to porr reading comprehension. Is there anyone you can ask for help? I'm sincere in offering to help and/or asking you keep reading this until it sinks in. Beating the #1 team is irrelevant to the discussion. all that matters is would the committee really care if 6-0 OSU beat NW and won the BIG or 6-0 OSU beat Iowa and was not BIG champ. Please read this until you get it, as well......I believe the CFP could justify taking or not taking OSU in either scenario, but they wont care which scenario it was.

*weird a guy who cannot follow comments of others or even his own calls anyone an idiot.

*Actually, Bud, this is what I said word for word...."Is 5-1 OSU getting into the CCG over 6-1 IU by BIG rules?"

I hoped you would answer the question, but I also realize irrational people do not like answering direct questions. Would it help if I made it multiple choice?
a) yes, 5-1 OSU gets in under current BIG rules
b) no, OSU is shut out

I'll even help you out a little. Under CURRENT BIG RULES, losses matter more than wins. If a team has same number of losses as another, the first tiebreaker is head-to-head results. Hope that helps.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the difference between Ohio State and USC?
fair question, and here's an answer. OSU has a better win based on the CFPs own rankings in Indiana. USC also barely squeeked by middling ASU, UA and UCLA. They might even think OSU has more talented players.

We Are Decent

Depressed Penn State Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*I agree IF UF had beaten Bama and had 1 loss (which cannot happen now) that means more than beating NW or Iowa.
There's no "and" to it, any victory against Alabama in any circumstance would mean more than beating NW & Iowa, that's not up for debate.
But this just goes back to your comprehension issue as no one said otherwise.
You've derailed this conversation well off the tracks, so don't throw stones from your glass house
All I ever said was the committee could look the same for OSU beating Iowa and not winning BIG as they would beating NW and winning BIG.
They wouldn't.
Please read that until it sinks in or use a lifeline for help.
Just because you talk hypotheticals doesn't mean you're any less wrong and dumb for doing so.
*If you find it funny I keep showing where you are irrational and/or show off your lack of reading skills that's cool I guess.
"*If you find it funny I keep showing where you are irrational and/or show off your lack of reading skills that's cool I guess."
a8f.jpg

Yeah ok bud, keep this charade up a little longer, will ya?
* you were doing so well until the last line. You just cannot accept the idea a team like Indiana, Iowa or, yes, even Rutgers could be in OSUs situation.
Because that'd be also assuming that they have the same prestige and chances as Ohio State, that would be me being dishonest with myself and others, so I prefer not too. Unlike, yourself for example
*Ugh..back to porr reading comprehension. Is there anyone you can ask for help? I'm sincere in offering to help and/or asking you keep reading this until it sinks in. Beating the #1 team is irrelevant to the discussion. all that matters is would the committee really care if 6-0 OSU beat NW and won the BIG or 6-0 OSU beat Iowa and was not BIG champ. Please read this until you get it, as well......I believe the CFP could justify taking or not taking OSU in either scenario, but they wont care which scenario it was.
First off, really funny failing some basic grammar and spelling, to then insult somebody else at English-language speaking skills. The internet, oh the irony. Secondly, beating the #1 team for teams making the playoffs is not irrelevant. Thirdly, yes the committee would value a CCG win over an Iowa win, it's not that tough to understand but you don't see to fully grasp the importance of boosting a resume. Lastly, you think they can justify OSU not being picked which will surely be interesting to see your reaction if they do indeed not pick OSU.
*weird a guy who cannot follow comments of others or even his own calls anyone an idiot.
You've failed to show example of this, so quite frankly your take is garbage.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's no "and" to it, any victory against Alabama in any circumstance would mean more than beating NW & Iowa, that's not up for debate.

You've derailed this conversation well off the tracks, so don't throw stones from your glass house

They wouldn't.

Just because you talk hypotheticals doesn't mean you're any less wrong and dumb for doing so.

"*If you find it funny I keep showing where you are irrational and/or show off your lack of reading skills that's cool I guess."
a8f.jpg

Yeah ok bud, keep this charade up a little longer, will ya?

Because that'd be also assuming that they have the same prestige and chances as Ohio State, that would be me being dishonest with myself and others, so I prefer not too. Unlike, yourself for example

First off, really funny failing some basic grammar and spelling, to then insult somebody else at English-language speaking skills. The internet, oh the irony. Secondly, beating the #1 team for teams making the playoffs is not irrelevant. Thirdly, yes the committee would value a CCG win over an Iowa win, it's not that tough to understand but you don't see to fully grasp the importance of boosting a resume. Lastly, you think they can justify OSU not being picked which will surely be interesting to see your reaction if they do indeed not pick OSU.

You've failed to show example of this, so quite frankly your take is garbage.
k