• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Are You Buying Into The Chiefs This Year?

Do You Think The Chiefs Are Legit?

• Yes

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's not like the Patriots D is anything to worry about. Mahonnes had an off day yesterday...

Against one of the best D's in the league

The Patriots offense is going to have to earn it's pay.

He'll have some more "off days"...this is the NFL we're talking about...as we get into playoff season, DCs will have enough tape on him to give him some looks he hasn't seen before...something to make him think a little bit...and that's normally enough for a sack, incomplete pass, etc. Will the KC DEF be able to hold up vs playoff ready OFC?

I will say, and I know it's easy to say this now, but I felt the same way on draft day...I like this kid's game and think they made a good choice to move on from Alex Smith.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I typed that post very poorly.

I just meant he is the next Brett Farve. Then I listed off Mahomes traits, not all were a direct correlation to Farve. Sorry about that.
Hell I read poorly so it could just as well have been on me.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week in Foxboro will be interesting.
I feel like people will still question the Chiefs even if they play well, though.

The only way for people to buy into Andy Reid is if he actually wins a Super Bowl.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like people will still question the Chiefs even if they play well, though.

The only way for people to buy into Andy Reid is if he actually wins a Super Bowl.

Yep. The Chiefs have walloped the Patriots twice in the last few years and in each year they went to the Superbowl.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big number with the Chiefs this year is red zone TD%.

This year: 76.2% (3rd in NFL)
Last year: 45.3% (29th in NFL)

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

I just think Mahomes and company have not been really tested.

Who have they played:

1: The Chargers with a average defense
2: A Pittsburgh team who tied the Browns and got the shit kicked out of them by the Ravens
3: A overrated 49ers team
4: A Broncos team that lost to the Jets
5: A Jags team with Blake Bortles at the helm

There is not really a dominant team in there

Week 6, 7, 9, 10 are tests

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet. I still think Mahomes falls apart. The Chiefs have New England next week, have to see how they do there in that game.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs have done this before with a different cast of people. Over the recent history of the Chiefs, they've gotten out to great starts, but never seem to follow through with those starts. In the last 5 years, they've gotten out to 5-0 or better starts 3 times.

2018: 6-0 (finishing record TBD)
2017: 5-0 (finished 10-6, lost in WC round)
2013: 9-0 (finished 11-5, lost in WC round)

What makes this team different, if anything, or will they end up the same way Chiefs teams in the past have?
will andy reid be coaching in the playoffs??? :rockford: was watching some old games off the dvr this morning. how did they blow a 21 point halftime lead to the titans?? :L

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems to be doing fine in Washington.
I think he got bailed out last week. He ran that really awkward sequence where he ran out of bounce and didn't get a first down.

I would say he is doing okay in Washington.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he got bailed out last week. He ran that really awkward sequence where he ran out of bounce and didn't get a first down.

I would say he is doing okay in Washington.

Better than Cousins. But then again, Cousins didn't have a running game to back him up.

KingOfStats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt buying them and was sure theyd leave their last 3 games 1-2 or 0-3. But they left them 2-1 with 2 convincing wins and 1 very close loss. As a Chargers fan, it pains me to say. They might truly be legit this year. Chris Jones on their defense imo is one of the most underrated players in the league. Dude seems to get more penetration than Ron Jeremy. I hope Chargers keep pace for the TNF showdown for the division. Dee Ford is balling to. If they can get something out of Houston and Berry in their previous form, they might make this an all former Missouri superbowl. But im hoping its all a current LA superbowl.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not yet. I still think Mahomes falls apart. The Chiefs have New England next week, have to see how they do there in that game.

BB was able to stymie the kid for a half, but he still hung 40 on NE, @ NE....I'm impressed.

That said, KC is going to have to play better on DEF for any of this to amount to a hill of beans in JAN.

KC is built to play with a lead so their edge guys can do what they do best and pin their ears back...they don't really want a slugfest type game where they're facing a heavy dose of a running game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt buying them and was sure theyd leave their last 3 games 1-2 or 0-3. But they left them 2-1 with 2 convincing wins and 1 very close loss. As a Chargers fan, it pains me to say. They might truly be legit this year. Chris Jones on their defense imo is one of the most underrated players in the league. Dude seems to get more penetration than Ron Jeremy. I hope Chargers keep pace for the TNF showdown for the division. Dee Ford is balling to. If they can get something out of Houston and Berry in their previous form, they might make this an all former Missouri superbowl. But im hoping its all a current LA superbowl.
I personally thought KC was going 9-7 myself, but this seems like one of those happy accidents where you get the top percentile outcome. I am a KC guy, but that'd be a weird SB for the remaining STL NFL fans I'd imagine.

Your Chargers look damn good despite missing Bosa.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BB was able to stymie the kid for a half, but he still hung 40 on NE, @ NE....I'm impressed.

That said, KC is going to have to play better on DEF for any of this to amount to a hill of beans in JAN.

KC is built to play with a lead so their edge guys can do what they do best and pin their ears back...they don't really want a slugfest type game where they're facing a heavy dose of a running game.
Honestly, I don't think the Chiefs are the only team in the AFC with a super suspect defense. The Pats and Steelers can both be beat pretty badly against the pass if they aren't able to pin their ears back, too.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think the Chiefs are the only team in the AFC with a super suspect defense. The Pats and Steelers can both be beat pretty badly against the pass if they aren't able to pin their ears back, too.

PIT can be beaten in a lot of ways! lol They've been terrible vs quality QBs with the exception of the ATL game.

As far KC...my point was that type of game fits their personnel (assuming Houston's hammy is good)...if they can get a lead and force you into a pass game Houston, Jones & Ford can do what they do best.

PIT and NE can probably blitz the hell out of you but they don't have the dogs to just line up and go get the QB when they have the lead.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC is 12th in pass D DVOA currently. They seem to have a weird pass funnel phenomenon where as long as they don't have to defend the run, they look a lot better than they actually are. Kind of ironic with how much they invested to stop the run this offseason, but that does seem to be what has been happening so far this season. Their schedule lightens up and they, in theory, are getting notable players back so it'll be interesting to see how that works out for them.

P.S. they really really need O'Daniel to be good for this to work longterm I think with how teams have used TE's and RB's in the passing game.