• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Are You Buying Into The Chiefs This Year?

Do You Think The Chiefs Are Legit?

• Yes

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Their roster is much better than it was in 2013. Alex Smith ain't there either.

You said it was Andy Reid. Reid is still there. If he was the wall in 2013, what's to say he won't be the wall this year?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said it was Andy Reid. Reid is still there. If he was the wall in 2013, what's to say he won't be the wall this year?
No I didn't- I am the biggest Reid stan on the entire site. Reid carried the team. Doesn't make the roster good.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their secondary was booty and Houston/Hali got hurt (Houston and Charles got hurt in the playoff game IIRC as well to)

Backup QB Stats SZN
Yeah, the rub on that team is that they got every schedule break imaginable.

This years Chiefs team might have the hardest schedule in football when all is said and done. Or close to it.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the rub on that team is that they got every schedule break imaginable.

This years Chiefs team might have the hardest schedule in football when all is said and done. Or close to it.
I doubt it tbh, they played what most everybody thought was the toughest stretch in the schedule (first 6 weeks) before we play captain hindsight.

2nd half of the schedule is, im-subjective-o extremely weak outside of the Rams; and the Chargers is a TNF at home which is notoriously hard on the road team.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a different wall each time. Last year the defense was garbage so that would be the team to compare this team to.

Differences:

-No Alex Smith. Teams figured out Alex Smith last year. He couldn't diagnose Cover 2 vs Cover 2 disguises and couldn't beat it over the top with anyone other than Hill.

-Bad in red zone last year. One of the worst offenses in the league last year. Watkins and Mahomes have helped.

-Team is younger on defense this year. In many ways, the defense is worse but their dline might actually be better and there is still hope some young players might improve over the duration of the season.

-They don't have Marcus Peters.

Just cutting to the chase...they're going to need to play better on DEF to take out NE either on the road or at home.

I can see BB conjuring up something funky for Mahomes to think about for a few series...just enough to keep them under 30.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it tbh, they played what most everybody thought was the toughest stretch in the schedule (first 6 weeks) before we play captain hindsight.

2nd half of the schedule is, im-subjective-o extremely weak outside of the Rams; and the Chargers is a TNF at home which is notoriously hard on the road team.
The schedule does get easier but I feel like by the time the season has ended the Chiefs will have played almost every Super Bowl contender.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just cutting to the chase...they're going to need to play better on DEF to take out NE either on the road or at home.

I can see BB conjuring up something funky for Mahomes to think about for a few series...just enough to keep them under 30.
Yurp, I am expecting an L next week unless Berry comes back and healthy.

The Chiefs are doing a pretty respectable job on WR's against the pass.

TE's and RB's? Bigly bad; I don't see that ending well against the Pats.

Run D doesn't matter too much anymore in this league.

Last edited:

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should re-visit this in a week.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chiefs will probably still exit early in january because, well.... that's what they do. i would like to see a new team out of the AFC though

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I think every team in the AFC that isnt Jacksonville is probably going to need 40 points to beat New England in the playoffs. You can tell that the Pats woke up after that Dolphins game.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The schedule does get easier but I feel like by the time the season has ended the Chiefs will have played almost every Super Bowl contender.
Most certainly from the AFC side.

Steelers
Ravens
Bengals
Patriots
Jags
Chargers x2

Rams from the NFC.

Assuming SF isn't that good even with Jimmy G.

Last edited:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yurp, I am expecting an L next week unless Berry comes back and healthy.

The Chiefs are doing a pretty respectable job on WR's agains the pass.

TE's and RB's? Bigly bad.

Run D doesn't matter too much anymore in this league.

I'm just looking at the points against...maybe they improve on that but just watching the Chiefs play a couple of games...as they say in the boxing world, styles, make fights...NE is going to be a tough out...you basically have to be able to knock Brady around with 4, man up on the WRs and tackle well....they do a great job of isolating their skill people on LBs.

Run D...eeh...most weeks...there are a few teams content with ball control, but most will air it out.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just looking at the points against...maybe they improve on that but just watching the Chiefs play a couple of games...as they say in the boxing world, styles, make fights...NE is going to be a tough out...you basically have to be able to knock Brady around with 4, man up on the WRs and tackle well....they do a great job of isolating their skill people on LBs.

Run D...eeh...most weeks...there are a few teams content with ball control, but most will air it out.
If I actually thought the Chiefs D was 20th best D or so like they are today in PPG, I would be 10 times more insufferable in this thread than I am right now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs are actually, to my surprise, 20th in YPA allowed which is... ok I guess for this team's purposes.

Lmao @ having 235 attempts against though only 5 games into the season. That's amazing. 47 pass attempts per game is fucking nuts even for my pass happy self.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chiefs are getting gashed in their run defense .... secondary is banged up but hanging in there. i think the bright spot for their defense is that they are actually getting a decent pass rush on opponents. If they can continue that, they will give themselves a better shot at winning a game in January.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC has done well in the regular season before and then shrivel up in the playoffs. I'm not sure if it's the team or Reid but it's true. This year might be different but we'll see. Next week in Foxboro will be interesting.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC has done well in the regular season before and then shrivel up in the playoffs. I'm not sure if it's the team or Reid but it's true. This year might be different but we'll see. Next week in Foxboro will be interesting.

Yep...I still see them having the same set of problems on DEF...Ford and Houston a upfield edge rushers, not the best run support guys.

What is different is the triggerman...more downfield oriented...this game vs NE will be a good test.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...I still see them having the same set of problems on DEF...Ford and Houston a upfield edge rushers, not the best run support guys.

What is different is the triggerman...more downfield oriented...this game vs NE will be a good test.

Well it's not like the Patriots D is anything to worry about. Mahonnes had an off day yesterday...

Against one of the best D's in the league

The Patriots offense is going to have to earn it's pay.