• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Are You Buying Into The Chiefs This Year?

Do You Think The Chiefs Are Legit?

• Yes

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs have done this before with a different cast of people. Over the recent history of the Chiefs, they've gotten out to great starts, but never seem to follow through with those starts. In the last 5 years, they've gotten out to 5-0 or better starts 3 times.

2018: 6-0 (finishing record TBD)
2017: 5-0 (finished 10-6, lost in WC round)
2013: 9-0 (finished 11-5, lost in WC round)

What makes this team different, if anything, or will they end up the same way Chiefs teams in the past have?

Legit as in will they make the playoffs? Yes...I don't know if they will hang on to the #1 seed position but no worse than 10-6.

Legit as a SB contender? IDK yet, they're giving up 30+ to every good QB so far....that's not how you get into the SB.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize the Chiefs start slower in their first 5 games than the middle 6 or last 5... right?

First 5: Record - 17-9 (.654)

Middle 6: Record - 20-10 (.667)

Last 5: Record - 17-8 (.680)

Yes, they've been a better team over the last 5 years in the middle part of their schedule, but how many times are we gonna see the Chiefs go undefeated early in the season, just to see them crumble and not win a playoff game, or even make the playoffs?

Over the last three years, not including this year, the Chiefs are, to use the same perimeters you used, 9-6 in the first 5 games, 11-7 in the second 6, and 14-2 in the last 5. But, over the last 3 years, the Chiefs are also 1-3 in the playoffs. Yes, they finish well, but they just hit a wall somewhere and IDK where that wall is, that's my reservation about buying into them right now. If history repeats itself, the Chiefs are gonna lose 4 out of the next 5, win their last two, finish 11-5 and be bounced in their first playoff game.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Legit as in will they make the playoffs? Yes...I don't know if they will hang on to the #1 seed position but no worse than 10-6.

Legit as a SB contender? IDK yet, they're giving up 30+ to every good QB so far....that's not how you get into the SB.

Essentially what I mean by legit is, would you consider them to be a favorite to make the Super Bowl.

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda a vague question. I do indeed think they are legit a good team. But if you're mostly asking if it'll end up differently than normal than I'd say no. Maybe one extra playoff win than normal, but that's about it I'd say.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda a vague question. I do indeed think they are legit a good team. But if you're mostly asking if it'll end up differently than normal than I'd say no. Maybe one extra playoff win than normal, but that's about it I'd say.

Essentially, do you consider them a Super Bowl favorite right now.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, they've been a better team over the last 5 years in the middle part of their schedule, but how many times are we gonna see the Chiefs go undefeated early in the season, just to see them crumble and not win a playoff game, or even make the playoffs?

Over the last three years, not including this year, the Chiefs are, to use the same perimeters you used, 9-6 in the first 5 games, 11-7 in the second 6, and 14-2 in the last 5. But, over the last 3 years, the Chiefs are also 1-3 in the playoffs. Yes, they finish well, but they just hit a wall somewhere and IDK where that wall is, that's my reservation about buying into them right now. If history repeats itself, the Chiefs are gonna lose 4 out of the next 5, win their last two, finish 11-5 and be bounced in their first playoff game.

If you don't know where the wall is, that sounds a whole lot like variance and kind of ends the thread right then and there, tbh.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its a different wall each time. Last year the defense was garbage so that would be the team to compare this team to.

Differences:

-No Alex Smith. Teams figured out Alex Smith last year. He couldn't diagnose Cover 2 vs Cover 2 disguises and couldn't beat it over the top with anyone other than Hill.

-Bad in red zone last year. One of the worst offenses in the league last year. Watkins and Mahomes have helped.

-Team is younger on defense this year. In many ways, the defense is worse but their dline might actually be better and there is still hope some young players might improve over the duration of the season.

-They don't have Marcus Peters.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't know where the wall is, that sounds a whole lot like variance and kind of ends the thread right then and there, tbh.

Might end your participation in the thread but not the whole thread. Do you know what the wall is? Because the Chiefs hit a wall. Whether it's their offense, their defense, their coaching, IDK what it is, but something takes them from starting 5-0 to somehow being 6-6 or starting 9-0 to finishing 11-5. That's not a lot of variance, that's a legit concern because it's happened 3 times in the last 5 years. They start great, end poorly. The wall they always hit is what is deterring me from buying into them.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might end your participation in the thread but not the whole thread. Do you know what the wall is? Because the Chiefs hit a wall. Whether it's their offense, their defense, their coaching, IDK what it is, but something takes them from starting 5-0 to somehow being 6-6 or starting 9-0 to finishing 11-5. That's not a lot of variance, that's a legit concern because it's happened 3 times in the last 5 years. They start great, end poorly. The wall they always hit is what is deterring me from buying into them.
That's not really coherent.

The offense was bad for about a whole month last year. Scored 0 in a second half of a playoff game in which receivers were open.

Pretty apparent if the wall was anything last year and before that- it's Alex and the QB position. This isn't hard to diagnose, but if we insist on not knowing why, there's probably no reason to care if it's within variance.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody trust Andy Reid in the playoffs.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a different wall each time. Last year the defense was garbage so that would be the team to compare this team to.

Differences:

-No Alex Smith. Teams figured out Alex Smith last year. He couldn't diagnose Cover 2 vs Cover 2 disguises and couldn't beat it over the top with anyone other than Hill.

-Bad in red zone last year. One of the worst offenses in the league last year. Watkins and Mahomes have helped.

-Team is younger on defense this year. In many ways, the defense is worse but their dline might actually be better and there is still hope some young players might improve over the duration of the season.

-They don't have Marcus Peters.

The struggle I'm having is, if teams figured him out last year, then what happened in 2013 when they went 9-0 and ended 11-5. What was the wall there? Did teams figure Alex Smith out then and just forgot about him last year? Like, I feel bad for the Chiefs because there are times when they were just unstoppable. Looks amazing on both sides of the ball. Then, all of a sudden, a wheel goes flat on the vehicle and they can't seem to patch it up.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The struggle I'm having is, if teams figured him out last year, then what happened in 2013 when they went 9-0 and ended 11-5. What was the wall there? Did teams figure Alex Smith out then and just forgot about him last year? Like, I feel bad for the Chiefs because there are times when they were just unstoppable. Looks amazing on both sides of the ball. Then, all of a sudden, a wheel goes flat on the vehicle and they can't seem to patch it up.
The schedule was not good in 2013. The team wasn't very good on either side of the ball. That was a pure finesse job by Andy Reid, imo.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not really coherent.

The offense was bad for about a whole month last year. Scored 0 in a second half of a playoff game in which receivers were open.

Pretty apparent if the wall was anything last year and before that- it's Alex and the QB position.

The wall last year was Alex Smith. What about 2013? Same wall?

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a pure finesse job by Andy Reid, imo.

So they got rid of the wall from last year but they still have the wall from 2013. How can I buy into this team who has the same wall that they can run into?

Also, I'm not trying to argue or anything, just trying to have a debate/discussion. I know sometimes it's hard to tell but I'm really just trying to figure this team out lol

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So they got rid of the wall from last year but they still have the wall from 2013. How can I buy into this team who has the same wall that they can run into?

Also, I'm not trying to argue or anything, just trying to have a debate/discussion. I know sometimes it's hard to tell but I'm really just trying to figure this team out lol
What? Their roster is much better than it was in 2013. Alex Smith ain't there either.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2013 when they went 9-0, the Chiefs defense was the star as they went 9 games without giving up more than 17 points. That team is so completely different that its hard to compare.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2013 when they went 9-0, the Chiefs defense was the star as they went 9 games without giving up more than 17 points. That team is so completely different that its hard to compare.
Their secondary was booty and Houston/Hali got hurt (Houston and Charles got hurt in the playoff game IIRC as well to)

Backup QB Stats SZN

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass defense is bad and can't tackle. Also since they are the chiefs they have disappointed me every season.

But as a fan, I say super bowl!