• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we about to have another Phenomenal Eagles QB Thread that last for years.....

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Hurts can say is the Eagles played harder for him than they did Wentz this season.

Judging from the AMVPs reaction to being benched, can't say I blame them.

I would want a beached quarterback to get pissed off and want to win his job back. Not someone who is going to get pissed off and immediately want to be traded somewhere the job is just going to be handed to him without a challenge.

Wentz is finished if he's going to be that mentally weak.

This is probably the thing that concerns me the most about Wentz at this point. It seems his teammates play harder when he isn't leading the team. This can't be denied any more.

I am still not sold on Hurts as the long-term answer, but I am becoming sold on trading Wentz and moving on from him. I would personally fire Pederson and Roseman also and bring in a whole new management team.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is probably the thing that concerns me the most about Wentz at this point. It seems his teammates play harder when he isn't leading the team. This can't be denied any more.

I am still not sold on Hurts as the long-term answer, but I am becoming sold on trading Wentz and moving on from him. I would personally fire Pederson and Roseman also and bring in a whole new management team.

The only player that has been playing harder with Hurts in there is Alshon.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best Eagles QB in the modern era is still probably McNabb.

Yes he choked in the NFC title games and Super Bowl but he won a lot of games. The one year he had a great receiver in TO he nearly won it all, and maybe would have if TO hadn't been injured by a Cowboys horse collar tackle. TO miraculously made it back in time for the SB but was not quite himself.
Donovan's 04 season was definitely very good but when considering how tough things were in Jaworski's time, his 1980 season was close to McNabbs 04 with not as good of a team around him. As much as T.O. put people off, he helped McNabb a lot in 04 with 14 TDs and honestly was great in that SB loss. 9 catches for 122 yds but kept out of the en zone. I think what cost them was Westbrook was pretty much shut down. McNabb throwing 3 picks was the nail in the coffin.
I would also say the Eagles defense was really good in the McNabb years. Fwiw, I don't consider McNabb awful but just slightly above average with a good supporting cast and a guy who wilted under the bright lights a bit.
I do think Cunningham might have been the most talented but didn't have the same team success.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO balled out in the Super Bowl for sure but you could see he was not 100%. His acceleration off that leg was not the same.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNabb's first two interceptions in the Super Bowl were absolutely unforgivable.

First one he throws a terrible pass to the front right corner of the endzone that is picked off but it was called back on a penalty. McNabb goes back on the next play with the exact same terrible pass to the front corner of the endzone except on the left side and it was picked off again this time it stood. Then in the 3rd quarter the Eagles were driving. TO just had a big catch where he caught the ball then made the defender miss as he cut up the field and took it for a big gain deep into Patriots territory. McNabb then a play or two later then throws the ball directly to a LB, not sure if it was Bruschi or someone else,. But just directly right to him. It was so bad. Both of those drives the Eagles should have gotten points.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donovan's 04 season was definitely very good but when considering how tough things were in Jaworski's time, his 1980 season was close to McNabbs 04 with not as good of a team around him. As much as T.O. put people off, he helped McNabb a lot in 04 with 14 TDs and honestly was great in that SB loss. 9 catches for 122 yds but kept out of the en zone. I think what cost them was Westbrook was pretty much shut down. McNabb throwing 3 picks was the nail in the coffin.
I would also say the Eagles defense was really good in the McNabb years. Fwiw, I don't consider McNabb awful but just slightly above average with a good supporting cast and a guy who wilted under the bright lights a bit.
I do think Cunningham might have been the most talented but didn't have the same team success.
I can buy that.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only player that has been playing harder with Hurts in there is Alshon.
mean girls wtf GIF by Gunpowder & Sky

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McNabb's first two interceptions in the Super Bowl were absolutely unforgivable.

First one he throws a terrible pass to the front right corner of the endzone that is picked off but it was called back on a penalty. McNabb goes back on the next play with the exact same terrible pass to the front corner of the endzone except on the left side and it was picked off again this time it stood. Then in the 3rd quarter the Eagles were driving. TO just had a big catch where he caught the ball then made the defender miss as he cut up the field and took it for a big gain deep into Patriots territory. McNabb then a play or two later then throws the ball directly to a LB, not sure if it was Bruschi or someone else,. But just directly right to him. It was so bad. Both of those drives the Eagles should have gotten points.
Yep. Sometimes it's more about the timing of the int and McNabb had a habit of bad ones in big games at bad times.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who else?
your whole team has played more inspired since Hurts has come in.
I believe this is an act.
You truly cant be this dense. Especially with your own team.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Sometimes it's more about the timing of the int and McNabb had a habit of bad ones in big games at bad times.

I also don't understand why on the final punt of the game with limited time left and no timeouts Westbrook opted not to return the ball and instead let it bounce inside the 10 yard line. There wasn't really anyone near him, he could have absolutely caught that punt and tried for some type of return. Given how the Eagles just took nearly the whole quarter to score a TD their previous drive it was very unrealistic to expect that offense to go the length of the field and score in under a minute. Westbrook should have tried for another Miracle at the Meadowlands moment and tried for big return. I don't recall ever reading about him being asked about that.

Really considering calling into the Eagles pre-game show on one of our two sports talk stations that he does the pre-game on and ask him tomorrow.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No I don't really see these past two games as the rest of the team is now playing at a much higher level now that Hurts is in. The same deficiencies are there. The difference is that Wentz with his play at QB was the biggest issue with this team this season and now that issue has been removed from the equation. The only player that I have seen that has actually shown an noticeable increased level of effort with Wentz out is Alshon Jeffery.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say against GB there was definitely a jolt of energy when Hurts was put in the game. I think the team has played better, whether they are more inspired, or whether Hurts is covering for some of inefficiencies is the question. For example, is the o-line playing better, or is Hurts just that much more mobile and better in the pocket? As for the run game, having a true running threat has also helped with Sanders because they have to respect Hurts with keeping it. The defense played incredible against NO, but shit against AZ. No doubt the offense is much better, but the QB has had a lot to do with it the last two games.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're disappointed that we're not going to get that thread, just blame the Cowboys. They went and fucked it all up by beating the Eagles with Hurts at the helm...

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're disappointed that we're not going to get that thread, just blame the Cowboys. They went and fucked it all up by beating the Eagles with Hurts at the helm...
pretty sure Hurts beat the eagles. Cowboys was just a long for the ride. He is a great QB for the Cowboys.