• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are these vets at risk of being cut?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Due to salary cap implications:

NFL Talks Drifting Towards Several Chicago Bears Vets Getting Cut

The five mentioned here:

• Cordarrelle Patterson – $4.75 million
  • Roy Robertson-Harris – $3.259 million
  • Tarik Cohen – $2.133 million
  • Adam Shaheen – $1.27 million
  • Ben Braunecker – $1.468 million
Altho they're the costliest, I'd hate to see Patterson & Robertson-Harris get the ax. I think it's already a forgone conclusion that Shaheen and Braunecker are toast. Cohen should get at least one more shot. He was pretty disappointing last season, but I also think to a point that his talents weren't properly showcased.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could a sane human being include any of the top 3?

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braunecker is already gone.

Shaheen will be.

RRH is the only one I give any fucks about.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The coaches don't view him that way and when used correctly he's an effective weapon.
Well, I bet the front office DOES.

What do we PAY Cohen? He can't warrant RB salary? Can't afford to pay a guy just for punt returns? By burden, I met financially, because he's not good enough for RB1 salary, or WR1 salary, but like you said, he is a dynamic player...much like Hester was. It becomes a problem, of how do we keep him, financially.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do we PAY Cohen? He can't warrant RB salary? Can't afford to pay a guy just for punt returns? By burden, I met financially, because he's not good enough for RB1 salary, or WR1 salary, but like you said, he is a dynamic player...much like Hester was. It becomes a problem, of how do we keep him, financially.

Right now he's 2.2 million against the cap. There is something like 17 players with bigger cap hits on the roster.

He'll be a UFA after the season so there's a chance he'd end up costing more but his current production doesn't really warrant a massive upgrade in pay. Either the Bears can sign him to a team friendly deal or let someone else overpay for him.

To call him a burden of any kind, financially or otherwise, isn't really accurate.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now he's 2.2 million against the cap. There is something like 17 players with bigger cap hits on the roster.

He'll be a UFA after the season so there's a chance he'd end up costing more but his current production doesn't really warrant a massive upgrade in pay. Either the Bears can sign him to a team friendly deal or let someone else overpay for him.

To call him a burden of any kind, financially or otherwise, isn't really accurate.

:sigh:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was going to disagree with your initial statement, but I agree with all of this. If we can get a nice draft pick for him, I’d go for it, but right now, I doubt we can get anything for him. Might as well just let him play out his contract and get money to be Darren sproles lite elsewhere.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaheen traded today to Maimi for a 6th... Scratch him off the list.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patterson is a great returner.

Cohen is a burden. Like Hester as a WR.

Why would you save Patterson because he's a great returner and not Cohen? Who is also an all-pro return man and punts actually get returned on a regular basis still?

Do you actually not believe Cohen is a legitimate piece for an offense? He was literally the highest graded RB on PFF in 2018. He was a monster. Over 5 YPC. Big plays in the passing game. Guys like him need a functioning offense. He needs to have field to work with. He was also damn exciting in a bad offense in 2017.

My lord, I shutter at what KC or NO would do with him.

"Burden" is a bad take, man.

Cohen is a hugely coveted piece in today's NFL with all he can do. This offense was SO fucked up last year and that's not on him. We can't excuse Montgomery but blame Cohen. Especially with how Cohen's running style is.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A) Why is this a problem for him being on the roster this season? He's on his rookie deal.

B) No one said he's going to cost feature RB salary when we do have to pay him.

He's Darren Sproles. Darren Sproles never got paid a lot.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, bum.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A) Why is this a problem for him being on the roster this season? He's on his rookie deal.

B) No one said he's going to cost feature RB salary when we do have to pay him.

He's Darren Sproles. Darren Sproles never got paid a lot.

Who said anything about this season?

Cohen is not a 3 down back. He will never be a 3 down back. He is a compliment player. One that is a "bigly coveted" piece, and will command too much money for what ultimately results in an extra roster spot, salary-wise. He's not a RB, and he's not a WR. He's a weapon for sure, just one that doesn't necessarily warrant the money of a skill position.

He's Devin fucking Hester.

Darren Sproles is a throwback. Cohen will cost ya.

Montgomery is a much better back than Cohen, fwiw.

Commence the word vomit.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace should get executive of the year for this move. That's a better return to talent ratio than the Jamal Adams trade!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pace should get executive of the year for this move. That's a better return to talent ratio than the Jamal Adams trade!
It is being reported today, a 7th with the possibility of moving up to a 6th if certain conditions are met.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is being reported today, a 7th with the possibility of moving up to a 6th if certain conditions are met.

7th it is then...because that dude ain't meeting any kind of performance conditions.